February 20, 2018, 10:21:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recent forum upgrade  (Read 1803 times)
Steve
Administrator

« on: April 19, 2003, 08:50:48 AM »

Somehow I was logged out. Had a hard time getting in. Hope that doesn't happen again.

I upgraded the forum software to the latest release about two days ago. The upgrade changed a few things, one being the format of the "cookies" that the forum uses to remember who you are and what messages you've read. This had the effect of logging everyone out... that's why you had to log back in. Shouldn't happen again.  Smiley
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 08:58:59 PM »

Hey Steve ----

Just for everyones info ..... if they log in and are on for over the 60 minute allotment .... the site will automatically log you off. You can extend this by adding minutes when you log in.

(Yea, I know ..... this just goes to show that I've been on for over 60 minutes at a time and was 'kicked' off. )

I need to get a life ..... or some crabbin to start!!!!
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 07:06:21 AM »

When you log in, just check the "Always stay logged in" box. Then, your session will never expire and you'll never need to log in again (no, it doesn't keep you actually logged in forever, it just means your "cookie" never expires and you won't have to re-key your username and password each time you visit)... Don't use that feature if you're using a public computer because anyone who sits down at it will be able to impersonate you.
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 11:22:16 AM »

Thanks ----always learning something new ........

Cheesy

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home