April 22, 2024, 09:15:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: frezzing soft crabs  (Read 5940 times)
Eljapon

« on: April 25, 2003, 08:18:00 PM »

Just a question for all those who freeze their crabs, iŽve read that youŽre supposed to wrapped them before frezzing but with what kind of plastic and where do you find it?
thank you all for your help
CrabbyLady

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 04:25:57 PM »

If you're cutting (cleaning) your crabs, it's best to wrap them in a special freezer paper that comes in squares.  Comes in 2 or 3 different sizes to accomodate everything from primes to whales.  We just buy the biggest size paper - that way we can use it for all.  But you can freeze on a tray first then wrap; just don't leave them unwrapped for very long because they tend to get that freezer taste to 'em.
Crabpop

Home Sweet Home

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 07:38:23 PM »

Another good way to freeze the softies is to get a Tupperware-like container, with a tight fitting lid.  Clean the crabs and place the number of crabs that you plan on using at one time in the container. Fill with cold water to cover the crabs. Put on the lid and place in your freezer.  When ready to use quickly run hot water around the outside of the contaner and the ice block with crabs inside will pop right out.  Place the ice block in the sink under running water and it will melt away.  Pat the crabs dry and prepare them any way you'd like.  YUM!

Crabpop

Severn, Md USA
jaibaguy

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 11:18:02 AM »

Crablady and Crabpop thank you for the answers. IŽll try Žem both.
Crablady, Do you have the commercial, (brand) name for those pre cut plastic paper?

Thank you again. Smiley
Diane

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 07:53:15 PM »

Crablady and Crabpop thank you for the answers. IŽll try Žem both.
Crablady, Do you have the commercial, (brand) name for those pre cut plastic paper?

Thank you again. Smiley  

Call Eastern Seaboard packaging at 757 405 3114 and ask for crab wrap. You have to buy a case of it. I believe it is 5000 sheets to the case. I use 12x12 size. We do it commercially so we use a lot.   www.goldsmithseafood.com

Crabslayer
Supporting Member

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 03:17:17 PM »

After cleaning the crab, place in a sandwich ziplock bag with water.  Will keep for a year in the freezer.  Tastes just like a fresh one.

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home