Anyone down a deer yet?

Started by bigcountry, September 27, 2007, 08:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcountry

I got a doe last wednesday.  Havne't seen one buck since the season opened.  Hope the worm turns.

madcrabber1113

We found 3 dead on our farm  :'( Not sure what happened to them.We are trophy hunting only now.Some nice bucks but so far they still need to grow.We don't hunt does till late in the season.I still have meat from last year.

tattoo

good luck to all. have a GREAT season.  ;)
A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.

bigcountry

Quote from: madcrabber1113 on September 27, 2007, 09:02:25 PM
We found 3 dead on our farm  :'( Not sure what happened to them.We are trophy hunting only now.Some nice bucks but so far they still need to grow.We don't hunt does till late in the season.I still have meat from last year.

Deer meat is generally only red meat, me and the old lady eat.  So we go thru 5-6 a year.  Grew up on it, so really enjoy it.

Pinchy

Quote from: madcrabber1113 on September 27, 2007, 09:02:25 PM
We found 3 dead on our farm  :'(

Read the topic above about epizootic hemorrhagic disease; you should probably report those dead deer to the game commission. Scary.
Please pack your trash out, pick up others', and leave your fishing spot cleaner than when you found it.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

ILLSWIMHOME

Can't be too hard to down a deer this year.  I have a hard time not running em over at night in my tractor trailer.   ;)
Crab on!

bigcountry

Well, with a longbow, it can be more challenging than you think. 

Pinchy

Quote from: ILLSWIMHOME on September 28, 2007, 10:25:31 AM
Can't be too hard to down a deer this year.  I have a hard time not running em over at night in my tractor trailer.   ;)

Anywhere near huntable land? Care to share?
Please pack your trash out, pick up others', and leave your fishing spot cleaner than when you found it.

ILLSWIMHOME

Unfortunately I don't think so.  There's been quite a few in Folcroft lately.  I run trailors around there a few times a week and they are always around the same area.  When I'm getting unloaded I walk around and watch em running around in the street.  If you find out you can hunt them in the area I'll show you spots where you are pretty much guaranteed 1 a night.  I doubt that it's legal though :-\
Crab on!

Pinchy

Quote from: ILLSWIMHOME on September 29, 2007, 02:03:14 AM
Unfortunately I don't think so.  There's been quite a few in Folcroft lately.  I run trailors around there a few times a week and they are always around the same area.  When I'm getting unloaded I walk around and watch em running around in the street.  If you find out you can hunt them in the area I'll show you spots where you are pretty much guaranteed 1 a night.  I doubt that it's legal though :-\

Thanks much for the info, I appreciate it.

madcrabber1113

Took my 5 year old today.4.5 hours was about 2 hrs. too long for him though :singer:I couldn't keep him quiet to save my life  :stars: Anyway we only saw does and I am trophy hunting until later in the season.He said he only wants to gun hunt because it doesn't take so long  :laugh: Still cant beat spending time in the outdoors with your kids though  ;D

tattoo

yea it is great being in the big out doors with the kids.  ;) :2thumbsup:

Feddog82

I was out on saturday and saw more hunters than deer.  Spooked one on the way in and didn't get a look at it, next thing you knw I see two guys in trees within 50 yards of me.  I packed it up and headed for a different spot.  No luck though.  Just lookin for antlers this early in the season.
The crab was so big his claw cut my gas line in half and I had to swim back to the dock!

tattoo

Crab Shack

Oh you said deer....I need to get new glasses, for a minute it looked like you said beer, was gonna say.....is it time to celebrate already?   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

tattoo

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:i'll take a cold one.