October 28, 2020, 04:54:15 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: our rights  (Read 16793 times)
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 07:32:18 AM »

There is no such thing as "freedom of speech." The Constitution, in the First Amendment, simply proscribes the Congress to enact any law abridging speech. This does not apply to private businesses and transactions. This site is a private enterprise, the owner(s) can restrict any speech (s)he likes. Of course, this is one of the most hotly debated portions of the Constitution, but it is generally settled that speech can be regulated to a reasonable degree by Congress and to a much larger extent by private enterprises.

YEA WHAT HE SAID (AFTER  I SAID IT)
GREAT NOW WERE BASHING IN LATIN
I DONT THINK IT WILL GET PULLED (ATLEAST NOT BY ME UNLESS IT GETS OUTA HAND)
FREEDOM OF SPEACH IS A CONSTUTINAL RIGHT, GAURNTEED !
ALL POST HERE BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE WEBSITE AND CAN BE REMOVED AT THE DECRESSION OF THE OWNERS OR ITS AGENTS, SEE THE TERMS OF THE SITE

YOU CAN ALWAYS SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT
JUST LET BE KNOWN THERE ARE CONCEQUENCES FOR EVERY ACTION

Big Rad
Supporting Member

Chase Happiness because life is short

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007, 07:52:24 AM »

There is no such thing as "freedom of speech." The Constitution, in the First Amendment, simply proscribes the Congress to enact any law abridging speech. This does not apply to private businesses and transactions. This site is a private enterprise, the owner(s) can restrict any speech (s)he likes. Of course, this is one of the most hotly debated portions of the Constitution, but it is generally settled that speech can be regulated to a reasonable degree by Congress and to a much larger extent by private enterprises.

Spoken like a true sheep.....

That is not neccesarily a bad thing though

There is freedom of speech.  You CAN say anything you want, however there may be consequences laugh laugh

I hear the sound of one hand clapping....you don't??
Pinchy

Instructions: Hunt, fish, crab - rinse and repeat.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 09:34:18 AM »

Spoken like a true sheep.....

That is not neccesarily a bad thing though

There is freedom of speech.  You CAN say anything you want, however there may be consequences laugh laugh

"true sheep" - I tried to briefly explain "free speech" from the straight perspective of law. Yes, there are people who will cower and hide, other who will "go with the flow," and still others who will fight vigorously. I endorsed no particular reaction. Do whatever you need to do.

"there may be consequences" - Yeah, that's self-evident. I want to see what happens to "anchor" when he uses his freedom of speech to call the Heck's Angels "fruits". laugh

Please pack your trash out, pick up others', and leave your fishing spot cleaner than when you found it.
Pinchy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2007, 09:37:38 AM »

boy pinchy your just a fountain of information aren't you.

I wonder if he'd like me better if I "stopped being a lurker and made a donation." Huh laugh laugh

Seriously, anchor, if you are a comm I will be glad to drive down and help you for a day to learn what you do and know about working on the water.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:47:00 AM by Pinchy » Logged

Please pack your trash out, pick up others', and leave your fishing spot cleaner than when you found it.
Pinchy

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2007, 09:56:07 AM »

YEA WHAT HE SAID (AFTER  I SAID IT)

You didn't say it. Look, this is a minor debate about an important point. You said, "FREEDOM OF SPEACH IS A CONSTUTINAL RIGHT, GAURNTEED !" My point is that freedom of speech is NOT guaranteed, it is NOT a Constitutional right. People make this error all the time. The Constitution only prevents government from abridging speech; this was written to explicitly protect the people from prosecution for criticizing our so-called leaders. You are not guaranteed freedom to make bomb threats, yell "fire" in a theater, create slander or libel, threaten the president, etc.

CHIEF

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2007, 10:02:51 AM »

True but it makes a Great topic.
Big Rad
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »

You didn't say it. Look, this is a minor debate about an important point. You said, "FREEDOM OF SPEACH IS A CONSTUTINAL RIGHT, GAURNTEED !" My point is that freedom of speech is NOT guaranteed, it is NOT a Constitutional right. People make this error all the time. The Constitution only prevents government from abridging speech; this was written to explicitly protect the people from prosecution for criticizing our so-called leaders. You are not guaranteed freedom to make bomb threats, yell "fire" in a theater, create slander or libel, threaten the president, etc.

See The Second Amendment  Grin Grin Grin laugh laugh

Pinchy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2007, 01:35:42 PM »

See The Second Amendment  Grin Grin Grin laugh laugh

What about it? Huh

CHIEF

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2007, 01:36:12 PM »

PINCHY YOU KNOW YOU JOINED A CRABBING FORUM RIGHT?
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2007, 01:36:44 PM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

Big Rad
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »

This is called banter....aka light hearted teasing.  This can often be detected by the use of the appropriate emoticons

CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2007, 03:01:09 PM »

I KNEW THE FIRE IN A CROWDED THEATER AND PRESIDENTIAL THREAT (BTW THE SECRET SERVICE IS NOW LEARNING ABOUT CRABS THANKS TO YOU) WAS GOING TO POP UP, IF THERE IS A FIRE IN A CROWDED THEATER, OR AT A GREAT WHITE CONCERT IN DELEWHERE THEN IS OK BY YOUR INTREPITATION TO YELL FIRE,
AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE PREZ THREAT, I KNOW SOMEONE IN JAIL RIGHT NOW FOR DIONG JUST THAT AS A JOKE, GOT 15 YEARS

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 03:11:39 PM by CRABGUY » Logged
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2007, 03:09:24 PM »

IT IS A RIGHT,
THE FIRST 10 AMENDEMENTS TO THE CONSTUTION ARE CALLED "THE BILL OF _ _ _ _ _ _"

YOU ARE GAURNTEED THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT EVER YOU WANT, IF YOUR POCKETS ARE DEEP ENOUGH TO PAY THE LAWYERS

2ND AMENDMENT IS MY SECOND BEST FRIEND
anchor
Lifetime Member

stop being a lurker and make a donation

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2007, 05:07:29 PM »

ok pinchy i'll say it" make a donation to this fine site" it doesnt run on hot air  laugh
HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2007, 05:12:27 PM »

Free Speech is what you read on the walls of the port a pot at Schnaitmans!  Grin

rivercrab
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »

Free Speech is what you read on the walls of the port a pot at Schnaitmans!  Grin

Shocked Shocked laugh laugh
Pinchy

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2007, 06:11:39 PM »

PINCHY YOU KNOW YOU JOINED A CRABBING FORUM RIGHT?

laugh Hey, I didn't start the topic  Grin

I read and remembered Crabguy's perspective:
"IT'S NOT LIKE WERE CURING CANCER HERE FOLKS, IT"S A FREAKIN' CRABBING BOARD" laugh

IMO the Second Amendment guarantees we have the power to keep all the others! Cool Speaking of the Second, in March 2007 the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit ruled that Wash. DC gun laws are unconstitutional. This is an extremely important ruling, because it clearly explains that the Second is an individual right, not a collective right reserved only for militias. The majority opinion is here:

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/dccourt04_7041a.pdf

Although this is lengthy and written in legalistic jargon, I strongly urge you to read it and pass on the logic of the determination. Also, IMO if you want to keep your rights, join the NRA.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:38:37 PM by Pinchy » Logged

crabbin bull
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2007, 06:40:17 PM »

Yea it said don't look up here the joke's in your hand....I thought how does she know I'm in here. Sad

If winning isn't everything,why do you play the game...
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2007, 07:45:10 PM »

Yea it said don't look up here the joke's in your hand....I thought how does she know I'm in here. Sad
AAAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAMANN DOWNAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAA RIBS SPLIT
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2007, 07:47:31 PM »

LET SEE D.C. NYC  LA MOST OF CALIFORNIA
THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MARYLAND
VERY STRICT GUN LAWS OR OUTRIGHT BANS= HIGH CRIME
BETTER JUDGED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 8 (IM A BIG GUY)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home