October 19, 2019, 09:12:11 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rock Hall 10/20  (Read 1632 times)
PHILLY JOE
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: October 21, 2007, 10:12:27 AM »

Went out at 7:30 am with my son. No one else at ramp. Went to our spot and no one  else crabbing except a couple comms. in the distance.  Dropped at reg. time.  Figured they would be deep so dropped 12-14 ft. 5 on first run. Nice size. 4 on second and 1-3 on each run thereafter. Wind started kicking up and white caps started rolling in. VERY ROUGH. Moved traps constantly trying to find them. Picked up a few in 12-14 ft and tried 8-10 ft. Picked up  a few at that depth. Tried 16-18 ft and caught 1 in 1 hour. Moved these traps shallower. No rhyme or reasons as  to depth or  location. If some were there, you got them. Rode out the rough weather and quit at 3 pm. Ended with 44 nice crabs. Just about filled the bu. Another 7-10 probably would have done it. Was soaked and cold  at end of day but I had fun. Nothing beats the Great Outdoors.

First pic is around 1 pm. We put some more in there till 3
Last pic is a nice empty parkinglot. Only other cars I saw were people looking at the river.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 10:15:31 AM by PHILLY JOE » Logged

BOTTOM FEEDER
Lifetime Member

GUNPOWDER PIRATE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 11:05:16 AM »

Nice crabs ,got to love that parking lot  laugh laugh

Many good seamen go down the drain....I happen to be a lucky one
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 01:16:41 PM »

nice catch WTG to go .enjoy your catch.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
kcullip2006

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 02:49:04 PM »

Went out at 7:30 am with my son. No one else at ramp. Went to our spot and no one  else crabbing except a couple comms. in the distance.  Dropped at reg. time.  Figured they would be deep so dropped 12-14 ft. 5 on first run. Nice size. 4 on second and 1-3 on each run thereafter. Wind started kicking up and white caps started rolling in. VERY ROUGH. Moved traps constantly trying to find them. Picked up a few in 12-14 ft and tried 8-10 ft. Picked up  a few at that depth. Tried 16-18 ft and caught 1 in 1 hour. Moved these traps shallower. No rhyme or reasons as  to depth or  location. If some were there, you got them. Rode out the rough weather and quit at 3 pm. Ended with 44 nice crabs. Just about filled the bu. Another 7-10 probably would have done it. Was soaked and cold  at end of day but I had fun. Nothing beats the Great Outdoors.

First pic is around 1 pm. We put some more in there till 3
Last pic is a nice empty parkinglot. Only other cars I saw were people looking at the river.
were you crabbing at rock hall or in the chester by rolph's wharf? Undecided Embarassed Huh

"May all your peach, orange, laundry baskets and coolers, be filled." Tongue
delaware surfman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »

Those pictures may say Rolphs but it isn't Rolphs parking lot. I'm sure of that. 

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 07:51:56 PM »

I am sure it isn't too been there too many times , doesn't look nothing like that.  Wink laugh laugh

PHILLY JOE
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 09:26:32 PM »

were you crabbing at rock hall or in the chester by rolph's wharf? Undecided Embarassed Huh

I believe its called Bogles Wharf on East Neck Island. Earlier this year, if you weren't there over an hour before drop time, there was a long line and you might not get a parking spot.  What someone was telling me on Sat., the crabs have not been there for weeks. They went upriver to fresher water. We did well,  but not for the time and energy spent.  I think they are on their way out.  Still an enjoyable day. May try again Sat. See what the weather brings. Supposed to rain with 12-14 mph winds. Not the best conditions.

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »

good luck if you go this up comming weekend.  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: