May 24, 2018, 07:54:06 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: <<My favorite outdoor Pics>>  (Read 3404 times)
Redfishon

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »

Cool Shocked
(http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b275/cowboytongue/th_Img22.jpg)

(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/Redfishon/th_DSC03103.jpg)

Hope everyone is having a great new year..
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:01:58 AM »

Nice slide show Grin  Man those are some nice Redfish(Red Drum) folks still call them Puppy Drum around here, I think when the size limit changed to 18", they no longer qualify for "puppy" status. Also on that note, your pics show that the Redfish fishery has made a good come back too Grin

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
Redfishon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 11:13:54 AM »

Nice slide show Grin  Man those are some nice Redfish(Red Drum) folks still call them Puppy Drum around here, I think when the size limit changed to 18", they no longer qualify for "puppy" status. Also on that note, your pics show that the Redfish fishery has made a good come back too Grin

They have to be 20-28 inches here.. The ones bigger than 28 from the salt water have to be tagged.. The ones from the lake I fish are stocked and dont need to be tagged .. The limit is 3 per person per Day.. The number of reds in texas seems to be more and more every year.. The last 8 years for reds have been super good..
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:27:33 AM »

What do you mean tagged? Tagged in to say you caught the drum in salt water? Or a tag for sale? Do you purchase the tags when ya get your licenses like for deer?

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
Redfishon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:34:50 AM »

What do you mean tagged? Tagged in to say you caught the drum in salt water? Or a tag for sale? Do you purchase the tags when ya get your licenses like for deer?

They are on your fishing license.. Its like a deer tag.. You get 2 per year for reds 28 or greater out of slat water..

horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »

We can't keep fish greater than 28" here, but min size is 18" We also have to buy a seperate salt water fishing license as well. That means for ocean fishing too. The Gov has to get their hands into you pockets every chance they can. Sure, I am sure some of it goes to towards the fishery, but the way the law makers have been going I am not so sure anymore. I just like to fish, put some in the freezer and be done with it, not after a plaque/mount Grin

Redfishon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 11:53:05 AM »

We can't keep fish greater than 28" here, but min size is 18" We also have to buy a seperate salt water fishing license as well. That means for ocean fishing too. The Gov has to get their hands into you pockets every chance they can. Sure, I am sure some of it goes to towards the fishery, but the way the law makers have been going I am not so sure anymore. I just like to fish, put some in the freezer and be done with it, not after a plaque/mount Grin

Now I know why everyone keeps moving to Texas. . I tried to fish when I was in Ca. but the fishing reg book was about the thinkness of the bible.. To hard to figure out where to fish and not go to jail..
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 12:00:49 PM »

Where in Texas is that you live to be able to Stone Crab, Redfish, Cobia and Large Mouth Bass??? Oh and hunt mule white tails??? I have a friend thats going to Texas, I think next week to go on a guided hunt with his Dad. I forget where he said he goes, but they have been doing it for about 10 years or so. Always shoot at least one 6 pointer on the trip, huge rack from point to point, different from Eastern Carolina deer which seem to be more inbreed and have smaller racks, despite lots of points.

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »

nice. Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Redfishon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 02:10:23 PM »

Where in Texas is that you live to be able to Stone Crab, Redfish, Cobia and Large Mouth Bass??? Oh and hunt mule white tails??? I have a friend thats going to Texas, I think next week to go on a guided hunt with his Dad. I forget where he said he goes, but they have been doing it for about 10 years or so. Always shoot at least one 6 pointer on the trip, huge rack from point to point, different from Eastern Carolina deer which seem to be more inbreed and have smaller racks, despite lots of points.

Live in Austin Texas,, Born in San Antonio.. We are about 3 hours from the coast and a 1.5 hours from Calaveras lake with the reds.. I own a ranch in Llano county 120 acres 1.5 hours from Austin thats where I do my hunting..

crabbinspaz

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 09:00:58 PM »

nice sideshow good looking fish thanks for sharing Smiley Smiley Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home