May 26, 2018, 05:44:01 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Could be worst since 1945  (Read 17581 times)
WVCrabman

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 08:33:42 AM »

Looks like 2008 might be the year of Dividing Creek and the greenheads....Sad

I grew up in glouster county. I grew up crabbing at dividing creek,Turkey point, owl nest, and beaver [dang].  Wink
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 09:01:47 AM »

when times are tough fishermen all complain boo hoo theres no product begging lawmakers to do something......then the product shows back up and everyone forgets about the bad times and reverts back to doing the same bad practices that brought about the bad years.........rain brings crabs on they need the brackish waters ......but heres a thought you and your fellow watermen should think about is being a little more conservative try working smarter rather then harder.........maybe when the crabbing is poor you might think twice about chunking a trap 10 feet away form your fellow crabber ........if you guys would ever learn how to use all that gear you use it would scare you what you would catch......so try using your brain instead of brawn........manipulate your traps.........and throw back those whitebellies instead of bringing them in and selling them dirt cheap to make a fast buck........if you fishermen dont start working to gether the goverment is gonna put you out of bussiness........personally i think they should cut your amount of gear in half and tell all of you to learn how to crab.......not to be a pig and saturate an area with traps because your trying to put the other guy out of bussiness

"MATT"?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 12:43:03 PM »

OK Brian, Time to cut back on your Meds, your talking crazy again! Grin   (LIMITS) is nuts.. I hope your not talking that craziness for NC. I get $60 and up for my white bellies too.. Limits are not FAIR to the FULL-TIME "BIG" crabbers,who have a 3 person crew. If your talking about NC going to limits, How bout we shut the Rivers down to Pots? Like Md does?   Makes you start thinking now,doesn't it?  Those little boats that crab the rivers will have a tuff time in the Pamlico Sound...  LOL Gene
PS     A turd stinks more when messed with, Leave the Regulations to the Retards that work for the Government..

Actually it's been the opposite for some of the guys. Bigger boats from say Swan Quarter who have had trouble finding crabs for the past three years have ended up, well up the river. Others have sold big boats to buy smaller boats. There is already no pot zones in the rivers and creeks. From the recent drought that has caused higher than norm salinity levels, have pushed those males in no mans land. My idea of a pot limit is just a example for the Newguy, as he wanted gear restrictions etc, but yet tars his pots and uses tarred pylons.
Gene, how many pots does it take?Huh -or how many is enough??? There is not enough time in the day to fish 1500 pots, move 200 of them, get the crab (alive) to the culling station, and to market alive in one day. Those guys who fish like that IMHO just are junk crabbers, rapers of the sea. I rather (so would most) catch 10 boxes of money crabs (Jimmies) out of less pots <500 pots -VS- 30 to 50+ boxes of junk out of 1000, a  home by 11am-1pm anyday....IMHO. Grin

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 01:14:43 PM »

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOU'VE JOINED CCA TOO??I'd rather catch 10 boxes of jimmies a day too. But I that don't always happen.  The RAPERS of the sea that you are talking about are the "hard-core crabbers". They Crab day in and day out."FULL TIME" through the good and the bad, I'd never knock these guys.They are the true WATERMAN.I'm also sure that you can count on 1 hand the number of guys that fish more than 500 pots a day in the Bath- Belhaven area...Lots of guys talk that [curd],about how many pots they fish, and they carry 300 pounds of bait with em when they leave the dock.. I guess I'm more of a "DO er" than a "TALKER"...How many pots are enough?  I want to have 1 pot for every post you put up....LOL  Gene..

ps  I just rigged 60 more, better keep the posting  up...LMAO,  Gene
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »

...How many pots are enough?  I want to have 1 pot for every post you put up....LOL  Gene..

Spaced 2 per mile is enough to go from Maine to Florida laugh laugh laugh laugh But I think you need lobster permit and black seabass permits too Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!

Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 01:24:19 PM »

Sounds like a presidential campaign promise....a chicken (neck) in every pot..... Grin

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 01:27:41 PM »

Sounds like a presidential campaign promise....a chicken (neck) in every pot..... Grin
if i dont get some bunker soon, thats what i am gona have 2 do  Angry

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 01:28:41 PM »

Sounds like a presidential campaign promise....a FREE chicken (neck) in every pot..... Grin
Heck, whoever promises that gets my vote,  Roll Eyes Grin Grin

Pinchy

Instructions: Hunt, fish, crab - rinse and repeat.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 02:07:46 PM »

Sounds like a presidential campaign promise...a FREE chicken (neck) in every pot...whoever promises that gets my vote...

To paraphrase Milton Friedman et.al., "There is no free chicken neck." Somebody, somewhere, has paid for it. I thought you knew better, HF! Sad The liberal mentality is insidious and corrosive. Angry

Please pack your trash out, pick up others', and leave your fishing spot cleaner than when you found it.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »

Maby you only get it free when there is a FULL MOON.  laugh laugh laugh laugh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

Seaweed

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 02:30:58 PM »

Anti-crabbing posts on a crabbing website? Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue Tongue

This place is as bad as TF somtimes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin

Git 'r dun!
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 05:55:42 PM »

Anti-crabbing posts on a crabbing website? Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue Tongue

This place is as bad as TF somtimes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin
Anti-crabbing Huh Not me, I am very much Pro-Crabber (no pun), BUT, I am for proper mangement and care of the  fishery and resource. Above all, doing all that I can personally to better the water quality too.

Seaweed

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 06:29:21 PM »

Anti-crabbing Huh Not me, I am very much Pro-Crabber (no pun), BUT, I am for proper mangement and care of the  fishery and resource. Above all, doing all that I can personally to better the water quality too.

I was refering to Newguyintown's post, you nimrod rockstar mad mad

Git 'r dun!
dredgecrab

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 08:26:07 PM »

today the crabbers around back river caught em up. 200 pots was all it took for some. the best spots were from grandview up along egg island.  we saw a few at the tip of york spit bar. they are biting best on @$*#) [email protected]!?). you got to have the right bait. inshore and up the creeks was small crabs and we actually caught a red sign female. time to turn on the shedding tanks. i see some crabbers moving there rigs up. like they say...the pots will tell you where the crabs are.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 08:38:37 PM »

Thats some good news.  Wink

horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 08:57:21 PM »

today the crabbers around back river caught em up. 200 pots was all it took for some. the best spots were from grandview up along egg island.  we saw a few at the tip of york spit bar. they are biting best on @$*#) [email protected]!?). you got to have the right bait. inshore and up the creeks was small crabs and we actually caught a red sign female. time to turn on the shedding tanks. i see some crabbers moving there rigs up. like they say...the pots will tell you where the crabs are.
Sent you a bmail, I have heard conflicting reports just to your north outta the Reedsville area, I hope I am wrong. The report was from two big crab buyers and said the guys are taking up and getting tugboat jobs. Please clarify Huh

Pinchy

Instructions: Hunt, fish, crab - rinse and repeat.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 09:51:52 AM »

I was refering to Newguyintown's post, you nimrod.

Nim·rod   [nim-rod] –noun

1. the great-grandson of Noah: noted as a great hunter. Gen. 10:8–10. 
2. (sometimes lowercase) a person expert in or devoted to hunting.
3. Informal A person regarded as silly, foolish, or stupid.

Horsefly, I didn't realize that you were a great-grandson of Noah. Huh

Please pack your trash out, pick up others', and leave your fishing spot cleaner than when you found it.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 09:56:46 AM »

Here we go again.  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin

Seaweed

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 09:58:01 AM »

I've always taken it to mean "experienced woodsman"

And HF knows I am just kidding Wink

What, no latin this time?  What will people think?  that you're just a commoner? Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Git 'r dun!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »

Why do you gotta be that way with everyone. GET A LIFE.  Angry Angry laugh
Nim·rod   [nim-rod] –noun

1. the great-grandson of Noah: noted as a great hunter. Gen. 10:8–10. 
2. (sometimes lowercase) a person expert in or devoted to hunting.
3. Informal A person regarded as silly, foolish, or stupid.

Horsefly, I didn't realize that you were a great-grandson of Noah. Huh

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:48:19 PM by tattoo » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home