November 18, 2018, 07:25:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Could be worst since 1945  (Read 18003 times)
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 11:28:45 AM »

Why do you gotta bre that way with everyone. GET A LIFE.  Angry Angry laugh

So sayeth the Tat meister!!!!!   Roll Eyes   Cool Cool

Man everbody is getting edging much be almost crabbing time!!! 

MD / PA Line
Pinchy

Instructions: Hunt, fish, crab - rinse and repeat.

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »

Why do you gotta be that way with everyone. GET A LIFE.  Angry Angry laugh

No...you see, I know what a "nimrod" is, and I also know it was a joke. I was making a counter-joke along along the lines of taking the original joke too literally, that is, accepting the implication that Horsefly was an actual descendent of Noah.

We all know that Horsefly is not a descendent of Noah, unless you take the Bible literally, and so, really, it was sort of a Steven Wright kind of joke , not meant to zing anyone, but simply a take on the definition of "nimrod." Tattoo, since you usually don't get what I'm talking about anyway (and you've admitted that many times), why don't we just agree to ignore each other's posts and refrain from commenting on them and remain friends? OK? Deal?

Please pack your trash out, pick up others', and leave your fishing spot cleaner than when you found it.
Pinchy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008, 08:48:36 PM »

What, no latin this time?  What will people think?  that you're just a commoner? Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hey, you'll like this one: Latin WAS the language of the common people during the Roman period and for a time after. The Bible was translated from Greek and Hebrew into Latin around the 4th Century AD, and was called the "Vulgate." What is the origin of that title? Simple: vulgare - to make common, the publish, for the people. Latin was in fact the vulgate, i.e. the popular language of the commoners. Today's word "vulgar" derives from it. Cheesy

Please pack your trash out, pick up others', and leave your fishing spot cleaner than when you found it.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »

Your no FUN.  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh." Tattoo, since you usually don't get what I'm talking about anyway (and you've admitted that many times), why don't we just agree to ignore each other's posts and refrain from commenting on them and remain friends? OK? Deal?

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Seaweed
Supporting Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2008, 09:07:36 PM »

Remind me again what all this has to do with crabbing, and how 2008 could be the worst since 1945? Huh Roll Eyes

Git 'r dun!

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2008, 09:14:13 PM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh good queston.

Pinchy

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2008, 09:19:54 PM »

Remind me again what all this has to do with crabbing, and how 2008 could be the worst since 1945? Huh Roll Eyes

I dunno. You asked me "what, no Latin?" so I answered. Plus, this is more fun than dour predictions about a bad crabbing season - which are most likely way off base anyway. Cheesy

madcrabber1113

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?action=dl

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2008, 09:23:40 PM »

Who cares?2008 could be the worst since 1945 for many reasons.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2008, 09:36:17 PM »

and again it could be better.  Wink

Seaweed
Supporting Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »

I don't remember much about 1945, but lets just hope this coming year is better Smiley

Git 'r dun!

BOTTOM FEEDER
Lifetime Member

GUNPOWDER PIRATE

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 04:56:45 AM »

and again it could be better.  Wink
                                                                                                                                                                     Wink could,nt agree more

Many good seamen go down the drain....I happen to be a lucky one
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »

I havent seen one commercial guy even hint or conceed that overfishing is a problem......always blaming water quality and pollution for everything......my friend fishes for steamer clams and he is the same way....but once he did notice that the crabs on the bay started dissapearing when the oriental market for females started devoloping......used to be females were a garbage crab that no one wanted and they sold them cheap if you could sell them.......now they bring high dollar........and hey females are always the easiest to catch....i dont have all the answers ......but i see a trend if a fisherman can get away with it he will do his best to rake the place over the coals without reguard for the future......trap reduction would be a great way to start and to everyones advantage....what i really love is when the markt is bad and the crabs are running crabbers selling thier catch for 20 bucks a bushel  and fishing like theres no tommorow.....well tommorow is here now what? they should have put half thier gear on the hill and just sold what they could at a better price .....this is a limited resource with a unlimited mentality  ......so i preach conservatism......and a good start is the white bellies.....and cull rings 

and gene i dont know who is stupid enough to pay you 60 bucks a bushel for white bellie crabs but maybe i should come crab where you are......but id bet they would bring 120 and up for hardshell crabs with half the deadloss.....but its useless to throw something back that the guy next to you will catch and sell isnt it.......i try to fish around the whites move my pots where better crabs are.....there the first crabs to die and half of them end up in the trash  but hey as long as you get a paycheck from it who cares  right?

I'm not talking about paper shells, but around Memorial Day we sometimes get a run about 2-3 weeks after the shed, They are pretty good crabs,and there is a big demand for em. Come on down we'd love to have you..Guess it's not too late for me to learn how to crab.And I do have cull rings. Mandatory for the past 20 plus years here in NC...The Orential Market has been big time for over 30 years, it's not something that just started.Farther More if it weren't for
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2008, 04:43:30 AM »

I'm not talking about paper shells, but around Memorial Day we sometimes get a run about 2-3 weeks after the shed, They are pretty good crabs,and there is a big demand for em. Come on down we'd love to have you..Guess it's not too late for me to learn how to crab.And I do have cull rings. Mandatory for the past 20 plus years here in NC...The Orential Market has been big time for over 30 years, it's not something that just started.Farther More if it weren't for
yeah, go on spit it out Gene Shocked 
I think Newguys idea od restrictions are far worse then mine. Orientals??? I do'nt think one ca blame it race, well because that would be wrong. Thats like saying on the rich white folk, buy and eat 7" mumbos for $60 per doz. Gene is right though, that market was a while back, it ended when Japans market went up.
IMHO, if you don't already do it....you need to spend a day in the life of a commercial crabber, before bringing what rules/rugs should be applied......like I said IMHO Smiley

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2008, 05:21:39 AM »

LMAO  Brian, I realized some things are BETTER LEFT UN-SAID..
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2008, 08:02:13 AM »

and a good start is the white bellies.....and cull rings 
In VA it is in the Reg's already.  The VMRC just took back the exemption for a couple of places that allowed the 2 5/16 ring to be closed.  They are also proposing that the rings be increased to 2 3/8 and have rings in peeler pots if the WDS comes in under the red line.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »

I havent seen one commercial guy even hint or conceed that overfishing is a problem......always blaming water quality and pollution for everything

Recreational over fishing............you bet it's a big problem everywhere,and not just with crabs.There,I will be the first waterman to admit it....feel better now?

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
rivercrab
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2008, 11:46:11 PM »

Recreational over fishing............you bet it's a big problem everywhere,and not just with crabs.There,I will be the first waterman to admit it....feel better now?

You tell em Ronnie..They outnumber us 100 to 1 but they arent the problem..Its just us.. What a crock of horse puckey.. After this year with the regs they are putting on us commercials.And all the anti commercial [curd] being said on here and other sites..I have a different outlook on the recs. Dont come around me on the water this year..I wont be as nice in the past.Hey newguyintown or should I say Matt..Go back to TF.. Jerkoff..Man I hope to meet you on the water or at a meeting.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:49:59 PM by rivercrab » Logged
rivercrab
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2008, 05:29:34 AM »

It wasnt a threat it.It is what it is.. Come to me on the water and introduce yourself.. I just have on question 21 years as a crabber and 27 years old and your location is Baltimore.. Doesnt add up.. Unless you lie in your profile.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 07:35:04 AM by rivercrab » Logged
madcrabber1113

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?action=dl

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2008, 06:31:52 AM »

This whole com. vs rec. is pretty much played out and really is pretty stupid.Everyone shares culpability here even people who don't crab.The problem is so much bigger than all of this grade school bickering.
rivercrab
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2008, 07:20:33 AM »

This whole com. vs rec. is pretty much played out and really is pretty stupid.Everyone shares culpability here even people who don't crab.The problem is so much bigger than all of this grade school bickering.

To late for that.. Ive declared war.  Angry Angry

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home