May 26, 2018, 05:46:00 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Tangent from RULES FOR RECS  (Read 17593 times)
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2008, 10:20:55 PM »

This is the same kind of political BS that will have us all paying $5 a gallon for gas by the fall...

Hush Tongue Sad Cry But it is soooo true Sad IMHO Bush should have steped in by way before now about fuel. Sure show us pretty pictures of your green house down in Crawford,Tx that you will soon retire too.

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »

Hush Tongue Sad Cry But it is soooo true Sad IMHO Bush should have steped in by way before now about fuel. Sure show us pretty pictures of your green house down in Crawford,Tx that you will soon retire too.

5 bucks a gallon.. Yikes.  If I was in charge of the country.. I would figure a way to bore through the earth and suck the oil out from underneath them A-RABS.  It ain't there oil, they're just closer to it.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
That or can't we just make Kuwait the 51 state ... problem solved.....

........Cdog

MD / PA Line
madcrabber1113

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?action=dl

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 02:24:12 PM »

If we were allowed to drill for our own oil and build refineries this would be a non-issue  Lips Sealed
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 02:32:25 PM »

5 bucks a gallon.. Yikes.  If I was in charge of the country.. I would figure a way to bore through the earth and suck the oil out from underneath them A-RABS.  It ain't there oil, they're just closer to it.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
That or can't we just make Kuwait the 51 state ... problem solved.....

........Cdog
Dog all you need is our wonderful politicians (take your pick) to start letting us dig in our own backyard. Still plenty of oil here, can't drill off the coast, but let Mexico or Cuba do it. Can't drill in Alaska, yeah a few thousand acres of Caribou. No refineries built in 30 years, all these blends of gas to satisfy the EPA which greatly increases the production costs. I have an 8 cyl that runs fine on 87 to spec. It's like your Collossal, Jumbo, Humongous, Extra Large, Large, Medium, Small, Female etc, crab sizes. Hey 1, 2, 3 no problem. laugh All these issues went through Carter, Regan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush and will go through the next administration unresolved. Seems like its the only thing these parties can agree on doing nothing. They are all crooks.  rifle hanged take your pick. Meanwhile they complain about the oil companies profits (rightfully so) but don't say a word about all the extra income their taxes are generating on them hefty profits. It's like after 911 up in NY, the city asks the unions to take a 10% cut and the city counselman vote themselves a $20K a year raise with noone to question it. Only worried about their own pockets. Same for the car industry neither administration did anything, they all  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue . Now I feel better. Grin

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
madcrabber1113

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »

stupid

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »

Glad you got that off your chest.  Wink Wink Wink laugh laugh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Pinchy

Instructions: Hunt, fish, crab - rinse and repeat.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 02:45:19 PM »

Joe Crabs has it almost perfectly right. Cheesy Allow me, please, to add that even if the oil companies decided to find, drill for, transport, refine, and distribute fuel at no profit - all while laboring under layers of intrusive bureaucracy - the price of gas might be 10-20 cents a gallon cheaper at most. Federal and State taxes are three to five times higher, as a percentage, than oil company profits - and government does not produce one single drop of oil. The Department of Energy produces no energy, it is all done by private enterprises who have earned every penny of profit.

The solution to energy costs is to get government out of the way of entrepreneurs and businesses, and allow them to drill in the Gulf of Mexico, off the Pacific coast, and in Alaska. The lack of a coherent energy policy, government interference with private enterprise, onerous taxation and incomprehensible regulation, is 100% to blame for the energy cost crisis. Angry
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:49:35 PM by Pinchy, Reason: Correction of rare spelling error » Logged

Please pack your trash out, pick up others', and leave your fishing spot cleaner than when you found it.
madcrabber1113

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 02:46:55 PM »

What he said too  Roll Eyes
Domino

Incredible Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 02:47:42 PM »

We all have gas issues  Shocked, but back on topic...the proposed female crab rules suck. 
madcrabber1113

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 02:48:50 PM »

EVERYTHING SUCKS!

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 02:50:13 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked laugh laugh laugh laugh

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »

Dog all you need is our wonderful politicians (take your pick) to start letting us dig in our own backyard. Still plenty of oil here, can't drill off the coast, but let Mexico or Cuba do it. Can't drill in Alaska, yeah a few thousand acres of Caribou. No refineries built in 30 years, all these blends of gas to satisfy the EPA which greatly increases the production costs. I have an 8 cyl that runs fine on 87 to spec. It's like your Collossal, Jumbo, Humongous, Extra Large, Large, Medium, Small, Female etc, crab sizes. Hey 1, 2, 3 no problem. laugh All these issues went through Carter, Regan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush and will go through the next administration unresolved. Seems like its the only thing these parties can agree on doing nothing. They are all crooks.  rifle hanged take your pick. Meanwhile they complain about the oil companies profits (rightfully so) but don't say a word about all the extra income their taxes are generating on them hefty profits. It's like after 911 up in NY, the city asks the unions to take a 10% cut and the city counselman vote themselves a $20K a year raise with noone to question it. Only worried about their own pockets. Same for the car industry neither administration did anything, they all  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue . Now I feel better. Grin

Joe,

I realize everything you are saying.  I totally agree. I was just trying to be my usual smart [arse]!!!!
In the meantime you right they are ALL in cohoots together, oil, cars companies, gov't etc.  they all grease each other's palms while us dumb consumer/constituents take our lumps.  Not sure what will change though.  I can tell you it is at a $3.50 avg nationwide now for low test.  At $4.00 will see things slow down if not just plain stop.
Folks just aren't going to keep paying it.  It will hit a breaking point and I think $4.00 is that point.  Or will we jsut accept it and get use too it and keep paying more and more.  God knows our salaries aren't going up 22-30 %annually like gas.  So something has to give.!!!

MD / PA Line
Domino

Incredible Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 02:53:28 PM »

EVERYTHING SUCKS!

[dang] straight.  Wink
Pinchy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 02:55:10 PM »

EVERYTHING SUCKS!

...except wives. Interpret that however you wish. Roll Eyes

Please pack your trash out, pick up others', and leave your fishing spot cleaner than when you found it.
Domino

Incredible Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 02:55:29 PM »

you'll notice diesel at $4.50ish and rising.  Don't drive a diesel? Don't worry, you still pay for it...its the life blood of the grocery store and basically every other good or service you use!

madcrabber1113

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 02:56:46 PM »

...except wives. Interpret that however you wish. Roll Eyes
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 02:57:42 PM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Wink laugh

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 02:59:34 PM »

you'll notice diesel at $4.50ish and rising.  Don't drive a diesel? Don't worry, you still pay for it...its the life blood of the grocery store and basically every other good or service you use!

It even takes diesel to get your gas to the gas station......I have a diesel.  It's been parked for a few months now.  I can't see paying $4.50+ for fuel.  I am lucky enough to have a third vehicle that only needs the $3.49 grade... Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 02:59:39 PM »

Joe,

I realize everything you are saying.  I totally agree. I was just trying to be my usual smart [arse]!!!!
In the meantime you right they are ALL in cohoots together, oil, cars companies, gov't etc.  they all grease each other's palms while us dumb consumer/constituents take our lumps.  Not sure what will change though.  I can tell you it is at a $3.50 avg nationwide now for low test.  At $4.00 will see things slow down if not just plain stop.
Folks just aren't going to keep paying it.  It will hit a breaking point and I think $4.00 is that point.  Or will we jsut accept it and get use too it and keep paying more and more.  God knows our salaries aren't going up 22-30 %annually like gas.  So something has to give.!!!

What can you do, not show up for and say I am out of gas??? At this point there is no saying it's gonna get better or worse before it gets better. I say worse was once gas price passed $2.00 and diesel surpassed gas back in 2001.
DOMINO is right let's stick a fork in this because we all will end severely depressed, pissed off and cause a accident.(or something)CONTINUE ON Grin
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 03:07:09 PM by horsefly » Logged

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
Pinchy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 02:59:49 PM »

...they are ALL in cohoots together, oil, cars companies, gov't etc.  they all grease each other's palms while us dumb consumer/constituents take our lumps...

How does Shell Oil "grease the palms" of GM? Did you read today that Toyota just surpassed GM as the world's leading car manufacturer? That should tell you that long-lasting, efficient, high-MPG cars outsell the turkeys made by Ford and GM; in other words, cars that reduce gasoline sales are preferred by consumers - so how would that benefit Shell Oil? And who exactly in gov't gets his "palms greased"? How would this nefarious plan get accomplished?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home