August 05, 2020, 03:11:17 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Richmond  (Read 4095 times)
Ilikecrab2

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2008, 04:00:39 PM »

Grin Hello Everyone,
 I'm new and didn't know there are many people like crab like I, but unfortunately for me, living in Richmond I don't have any good place for crabs like in MD, or does anyone know a place in Richmond, please let me know.  Thanks, tina  Kiss
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 04:14:54 PM »

Grin Hello Everyone,
 I'm new and didn't know there are many people like crab like I, but unfortunately for me, living in Richmond I don't have any good place for crabs like in MD, or does anyone know a place in Richmond, please let me know.  Thanks, tina  Kiss

Hi Tina, 

Welcome aboard...
Our chief in charge of the forum Steve lives in the Richmond area and he crabs alot. There are places to go I am sure along the middle pennisula and northern neck or even the lower pennisula of VA hold some crabs.  Might be a 1-2 hour drive, but that is what we all do as well.  I lived in MD western shore north of Baltimore and moved over the PA line and still run  2 1/2 hours each way to crab the eastern shore.  so alot of us on here drive to go crabbing.  some come from NY, NJ and Conn to the eastern shore of MD to crab.  Like anything else if you are into it you will make the trek.  Maybe some folks could help you with more detail places.   My uncle owns a crab processing plant on the Norterhn Neck of VA and they crab all the rivers around there and middle pennisula... so look towards the water there.  I bet the lower end of the james river would have some too.
I am sure that other's on here from VA can help...

.Cdog

MD / PA Line
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 04:32:39 PM »

Welcome to the BCA Tina..  Still a little time before crabbing starts.  Just came in from the pier and the water is 48~ today.  Cry  I am dieing to lay a line of pots but it would just be a waste of bait and gas.  We do have a couple pots on the pier but there have not been any crabs yet.  If'n this darn weather would break, things would get going..  Cool

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 08:48:49 PM »

Welcome. hope you have a fantistic year. GOOD luck.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Ilikecrab2

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 11:21:59 AM »

Hello Everyone,
 Thanks for the warm welcome, I really can't wait to learn more about some places to go crabbing this year.  The only time that I've been crabbing was when our family vacation in NC. Every year we go to outter banks but since we have so many ppl in our family and friends, we often have to buy them but I can't wait to take my kids this year.  I'll try some places mention here on the site.  Thanks a bunch and hope everyone has a year full of crab.   Kiss

DipNSip

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »

Hello,
     As I have told other Richmond area visitors, Westmoreland State Park off of Va. Rt 3 east (On Potomac River - Northern Neck) is a decent place to go from June to fall. Also the Corrottoman rivers (Eastern & Western Branch - Northern Neck) can be decent at times. Access to these is also by Va. Rt. 3 East and about another 40 miles east of Westmoreland State Park. I have a distant cousin that runs pots on the Corrottoman.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home