May 23, 2018, 03:13:21 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean County crabbers accused of stealing from rivalís traps  (Read 16174 times)
3D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2004, 02:53:52 PM »

Thats why I'm so happy to see them get busted by the State...

I could have easily cut their lines or moved their pots...it's very satisfying to see complaints work...
Crabpop

Home Sweet Home

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2004, 08:04:09 PM »

Steve's right, guys and gals.  When someone does their boat, dock and fishin' equipment I expect to see them standing up straight and tall...no stooping allowed.  Just kiddin'...

Crabpop

Severn, Md USA
Siientx

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2004, 08:09:25 PM »

When you tie the rope to the pot/pier load it with tons of hooks. Also put a combination lock on the top, so even if they get around to the pot (YEAH RIGHT), they'll need a miracle to get the crabs out.
ran_c

got crabs?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2004, 10:23:06 PM »

needless to say...we have the same problems here in louisiana...

2004-236 ST. MARY FISHERMEN ARRESTED FOR CRAB THEFT
7/28/2004

On July 17th, two St. Mary Parish men were arrested by a Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Enforcement Division agent and booked into the St. Mary Parish Jail for allegedly stealing crabs from another fisherman's crab traps in the Atchafalaya River.
Jordan Absher, 22, of Patterson, and Nathan Corley, 24 of Morgan City were spotted raising three crab traps and removing and keeping the contents. Upon contact, the agent discovered that the traps in question belonged to another fisherman.

Both Absher and Corley were booked with unlawful removal of crab trap contents and violating recreational gear requirements. Approximately four and one-half dozen crabs were seized and returned to the water.

The penalty for illegal removal of crab trap contents is a fine of up to $750, jail for not more than 90 days, or both, plus court costs. The penalty for violating recreational gear requirements is a fine of $50, or jail for not more than 15 days.

The agent involved in this case was Agent Jason Romero

if love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
hydro

A bad day crabbing beats a great day at work

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2004, 12:40:57 PM »

3D is that you over on bassbarn ?

on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2004, 12:45:19 PM »

Hydro, you a barner too?

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
hydro

A bad day crabbing beats a great day at work

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2004, 01:35:03 PM »

Yea Im not registered, but I was talkin to a guy I work with about crabbing and fishin and he showed me that site.. there a TON of info over there great "up to date" on whats going on great site...
3D

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2004, 09:52:10 AM »

3D is that you over on bassbarn ?

yeah...& SOL
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2004, 07:31:50 PM »

These guys commited a crime and should have their liscense taken away for a while. Or probationary revoking of it, atleast.

Hey,sweetheart,welcome to reality..those guys that did this are [arseholes].....however,they own a big crabbin spot on Long Island in northern NJ....know what that means?..thats right,they got politician freinds Angry Angry they've paid off every election for the past 50 years...which makes them double scumbags..... Angry >:(but they're back out on the water ,ain't they.....?man don't get me started on politicians Angry Angry

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2004, 10:54:17 PM »

.....however,they own a big crabbin spot on Long Island in northern NJ....know what that means?..

KC you confused the [Sam Hill] out of me with this one. Long Beach Island ??  Undecided

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.

3D

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2004, 12:12:47 PM »

Kristie,

I agree if you steal while you are at work you would be gone.  

Their ignorance is obvious by the fact they keep undersize crabs & they have been fined for this over the last 10 years. This is business as usual for these creeps.

Now there's a vibe out there that their Tackle shop shouldn't suffer b/c of this. I rode by their shop last night & they are selling crabs for food & they have pots stacked 10 deep in their lot. I checked the floats & they have all have his Comm # on them.

If you don't want you Shop called Home Base for illegal activity move the crab operation off site...

search some of my other posts I've been beating my chest for months about these clowns...

KC has it right it's a hotbed of politics...they own a lot of land that the pols want built out on...

It's ugly....
DocSmith

Proud of what I stand for; Careful what I fall for

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2004, 01:25:05 PM »

Isn't making them crab in New Jersey punishment enough?

Cool Doc

PS Where is Tony Soprano when you really need him?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 01:25:57 PM by DocSmith » Logged

The Cruelest Creature's the Crab, with Pinchers that can Cut you and Stab! And Then, when you Dine on Crab and White Wine, it's Murder when you Pick Up The Tab!
ol crabber

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2004, 01:30:35 PM »

I agree that once it turns political thats when all the crooked & slimey dealings begin. At least we can get the word out there on the street about these guys. I for one have been telling all my crabbing & fishing buddies the story (being that it is local to me ) and they can tell their buddies and so on. Maybe by next year they will be out of business and behind bars ,only wish it could be sooner . Alot of our younger crabbers should take note of these crimes I have printed out the original story & given it to some of the youngsters who like to crab so they can learn to respect other peoples property & get a sense of good crabbing & fishing ethics. now  I should get off of this soap box!!!
                               ol crabber
ol crabber

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2004, 07:36:10 AM »

Just heard last night how these lowlifes got caught. The police dipped some crabs in dye that only shows under ultra violet light, and then planted the crabs in the pots. When these clowns sold their catch to the local seafood markets the police came in with the ultra violet light and whichever crabs glowed were the ones from the poached pots and caught the thiefs red handed. Nice job by the police. pretty ingenious !!
Wonder if that dye is available to the public ? I'm sure alot of the commercial crabbers would be interested.
                                            ol crabber
DocSmith

Proud of what I stand for; Careful what I fall for

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2004, 07:49:07 AM »

Ol Crabber -

White clothes washed in Tide detergent will glow under blacklight - do not ask how I know this.  

To dye your own, just set your washing machine to "Crabs" and drop in a dozen.  Problem is the spin cycle gets 'em dizzy and they walk straight ahead instead of sideways for awhile.

Cool Doc
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 07:49:40 AM by DocSmith » Logged

The Cruelest Creature's the Crab, with Pinchers that can Cut you and Stab! And Then, when you Dine on Crab and White Wine, it's Murder when you Pick Up The Tab!

kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2004, 06:45:50 PM »

Ol Crabber -

White clothes washed in Tide detergent will glow under blacklight - do not ask how I know this.  

To dye your own, just set your washing machine to "Crabs" and drop in a dozen.  Problem is the spin cycle gets 'em dizzy and they walk straight ahead instead of sideways for awhile.

Cool Doc
Doc..I ain't wunderin' about the white clothes washed in Tide glows under a black light Lips Sealed Undecided...I'm wunderin about the crabs in the spin cycle Huh Grin....thats sic...man ....really sic Shocked Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2004, 08:09:40 PM »

Must be that mustard [curd], then you can dry lick it clean. Grin

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home