July 11, 2020, 03:13:57 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to understand the point of the posts  (Read 14477 times)
madcrabber1113

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?action=dl

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 01:14:55 PM »

Yep!
stupid
CLAWLESS

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 02:52:34 PM »

I'm with f250. Look at what happened at the Gun Powder river last year, a few good reports came in and the next weekend you could walk across the boats. Same with the Wye river. Had a report of catching crabs close to the ramp, the next weekend there were 10 times as many crabbing within a few hundred yards from the ramp.
mikehn

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 03:02:50 PM »

Everyone has great points, including the original poster.  However, it does seem like there are fewer crab reports so far this year versus previous years.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 beautiful girls.........and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 03:04:38 PM »

I'm with f250. Look at what happened at the Gun Powder river last year, a few good reports came in and the next weekend you could walk across the boats. Same with the Wye river. Had a report of catching crabs close to the ramp, the next weekend there were 10 times as many crabbing within a few hundred yards from the ramp.

Look at how many went to the Wye this past weekend after they heard there were a few bushel caught recently.... Grin Cool Roll Eyes  Up til then, how many claimed they had went to the Wye this season?   Roll Eyes Cool

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
lreops
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »

Anybody that has spent any time crabbing knows that you can find a spot and max out in two hours and then go back the next day and get skunked. Some of you apparently think that crabs set up a permanent residence and never move further than their back yard. WRONG !!! They tend to move around quite a bit and it's up to you to find them.

Furthermore, I don't recall anyone giving their exact GPS coordinates, just the creek, river, or bay that they had some luck in. Key word there, LUCK!! The purpose of posting, in my opinion (which doesn't usually mean much), is to inform other fellow crabbers to what area they may also have some LUCK and to mostly share their experience and yes, sometimes just flat out brag. I really don't think that a Rec crabber waits until he sees someones post and then breaks a leg trying to get there, most everyone that I know knows way ahead of time where he's going to go and is not influenced by what is posted.

You also have to remember that crabbers are not much different than fishermen, they have a tenancy, after a day on the water, to have their perspectives and stories not quite the same as when they actually happened. (before I get slammed, I'm referring to SOME not ALL).

Just my 2˘ contribution  laugh   Grin   laugh

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:12:29 PM by lreops » Logged

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun

MikeJ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 06:17:04 PM »

Oh Dear God!!   Dont let it happen here! Shocked

This [curd] happened to a very good NJ Bass fishing site. The Paranoid bast___ ruined the site. They refer to themselves as P.E.T.S. People for the Ethical Treatment of Spots. IMO it ruined the site. Go look at how many members with over 3 yrs membership there are who post regularly. [dang] FEW! Angry

The Flame wars lost most of the original members and the constant BS and insults took a toll. Finally guys like me - I live 90 + miles away and only fish every couple weeks ( how much scouting can I do? ) After being an active member for 6 years I gave up.   Cry

I have been a lurker for 2 years and just joined a couple months ago.

The ONLY reason I am refurbishing my old boat and am on this site is so that I and my kids can go crabbing.
Thanks to this site and the generous guys who share info, I and my kids will be able to go somewhere and have a decent shot at getting some crabs. If I get to go 4X I will be surprised.

I am NO competition to ANY ONE, but I will be making an impact on the economy. I have spent $150 on my boat so far and I Have no traps or crabbing gear, bait , food,  fuel, ramp fee, camp site. ( I live 102mi one way from Chestertown )

If I am in your spot catching your crabs one of those 4 days out of the whole year Roll Eyes, I apologize in advance.

Please keep this site a quality site.
Seanile
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

WHEN THE CHICKEN NECK DROPS, THE BS STOPS

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 07:19:04 PM »

Let's stay on topic - I've split this one where it went off on a tangent to: "A different spin..."

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php/topic,25141.0.html

~ Bruce ~

If a man speaks at sea, where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 07:21:34 PM »

Let's stay on topic - I've split this one where it went off on a tangent to: "A different spin..."

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php/topic,25141.0.html

Now you are asking for something new and different for the BCA...staying on topic  laugh laugh

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
Seanile
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

WHEN THE CHICKEN NECK DROPS, THE BS STOPS

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 07:24:01 PM »

Yeah, just fer shiggles.  Just this one time, I promise.  Grin

~ Bruce ~

If a man speaks at sea, where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?
emptybaskets

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 07:48:39 PM »

maybe someone should stand at the boat ramp and ask each crabber where they got there info to go there.i am sure most of us read what everyone else is doing and just go to the usual spot anyway.i know i do most of the time.something about the famialer that is for the norm.so i read i am glad fr the people who did well and hope that it helps someone else who like me goes and just enjoys the day on the water with friends and family taking the pressure of everyday life our shoulders and returning to the dock with just enough to satisfy the taste for a week and go to the same spot next time and time after that hoping the crabs move up or down to just give us the best dam day out of work we have ever had

thunderhawk

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 09:23:49 PM »

i'd have to agree with R D and JACK. the mans got a point. but i really like this site for so many other reasons then just crabbing hot spots. sure, i look at them all but i know where i'm going 4 or 5 days before i go no matter what i read on this site. but i'm not like everybody else on this site. i take pride in finding my own spots and look at it as a challenge. i've got about 6 or 7 favorite spots that i will never give up on this site but thats certainly not to say that other people havent been in them when i get there. thats why you've got to learn the creeks and rivers and spend time out there. also, i dont go out there to stress out over someone taking my lay, i go out there because "CRABS IS GOOD AND FAMILY AND FUN IS GREAT"!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
robc22

THE LOBSTER GURU

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 09:39:07 PM »

there's a reason they call it SECRET SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lobster Troll #1.........

"Beli . . . Beli . . . Belichnikov! … Belichick! Great man! Great leader!".......George Steinbrenner

"Eat wild fish/shellfish...... not something from china"...... Stillfishing

"Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf."......... Native American Proverb

“Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies”...... John Cleese

"Never met a bluefish I wouldn't sell"........Maddmatt
mrscharms
Lifetime Member

I REALLY LOVE crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »

Well, this person definitely has a point, but as others have stated..they are there one day and the next time you go..zilch!  I think that people post because they are so excited that they've found a good spot on that particular day. 

Someone posted about that ramp on on I think Long Neck Road on Kent Island.  I can't find the post now, but I went to check it out.  It's the Warehouse Creek so-called ramp.  In my opinion, they have a lot of nerve to even make you pay for a ramp sticker there!  You can only put a small boat or kayak in that place...there is not even a ramp.  But I went on Sunday and I caught one crab.  Smiley 

But I'm going back because it is a great place and I thank the person who posted it.  No other boats around..nice and quiet. 

So what I am trying to say is that we all share info and we all love to crab.  People boast about how many they caught in this spot or that spot, but the next time, the crabs might not even be there.

I'll never go to the Wye unless meeting up with someone...too crowded!!!  I only come home with crabs when I go out with someone on this board!!! 

So live and let live...brag and let brag!!!

Janice
jeff l

I love Crabby Pattys!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 09:50:42 PM »

Anybody that has spent any time crabbing knows that you can find a spot and max out in two hours and then go back the next day and get skunked. Some of you apparently think that crabs set up a permanent residence and never move further than their back yard. WRONG !!! They tend to move around quite a bit and it's up to you to find them.

Furthermore, I don't recall anyone giving their exact GPS coordinates, just the creek, river, or bay that they had some luck in. Key word there, LUCK!! The purpose of posting, in my opinion (which doesn't usually mean much), is to inform other fellow crabbers to what area they may also have some LUCK and to mostly share their experience and yes, sometimes just flat out brag. I really don't think that a Rec crabber waits until he sees someones post and then breaks a leg trying to get there, most everyone that I know knows way ahead of time where he's going to go and is not influenced by what is posted.

You also have to remember that crabbers are not much different than fishermen, they have a tenancy, after a day on the water, to have their perspectives and stories not quite the same as when they actually happened. (before I get slammed, I'm referring to SOME not ALL).

Just my 2˘ contribution  laugh   Grin   laugh

[/quote ] stupid

Frank

DIEHARD

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 07:06:57 PM »

I Dont need any crabbing reports, I just go and crab and have a good time and i catch crabs. I like this board, but it seems like it is getting out of hand with all the negative reports. If you dont like what you see, you have the right not to get on this board again. Come on people, LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!! LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!!!!  I try to give reports on crabbing when i go, but if there are people out there that thinks it is wrong then you dont belong on this board. THAT IS WHAT THIS BOARD IS FOR, CRABBING INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     By the way, Im going crabbing saturday, WILL GIVE REPORT!!!!!!!  Frank

crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 07:38:50 PM »

IS THIS JUNE OR JANUARY Huh Huh Undecided Sumthin' ain't sounding right..... Wink

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"
CHIEF

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 07:42:08 PM »

Hi,
I am just trying to understand the point of crabbing reports with specific locations, etc.. spelled out.  I see a post for the Severn with well over a 1,000 views.  One for the Wye with close to a 1,000.  Shipping Creek 300 +, etc.....   Does everyone see what this does each year?  It creates a swarm on the chosen creek or bay.  Ramps are overloaded, there is no place to park, no place to crab, etc..  So to help me a little...   You have a decent trip and catch some crabs with your family and friends.  AWESOME! You get home, sign on and tell 1,000 plus strangers exactly what happened.  Is the hope and intent that when you go back the following weekend you will not be able to even remotely get near the spot again until the crabs are cleaned out? 

I have watched many spots over the last few years just get over-run with crabbers beyond the capacity of the facility and the crabs in the creek.  The obvious answer are detailed posts...

Not bashing....  Just trying to understand it all because it makes no sense to me.  This isn't talking to your buddy about a good trip you had.  You just put the details of a good crabbing spot up on the internet.  So guess what will happen?Huh  Not to mention the intense strain put upon the resource.

Thanks
F250 your new so let me tell you about the BCA we treat each other like a FAMILY MEMBER if someone on here needs HELP you will see a lot of members RUNNING to HELP.
we post our catch so our BROTHER or SISTER  BCA MEMBER can go crabbing with good results.
Thank You for Joining our FAMILY.
CHIEF
kcullip2006

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008, 08:31:46 PM »

Stick a fork in it.  I think this one is done.

"May all your peach, orange, laundry baskets and coolers, be filled." Tongue
tommy101

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »

I think that it is fine to help each other out. The fact is if five people go to a spot two may get a bushel and three may only get a dozen. As far as the Gunpowder goes it was very crowded last year but as a whole we still got our bushel or two each time out no matter how crowded it was. Even with all the people crabbing there in the fall we were still catching bushels of crabs into mid October so obviously it did not wipe out the population.
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2008, 11:09:55 PM »

F250 your new so let me tell you about the BCA we treat each other like a FAMILY MEMBER if someone on here needs HELP you will see a lot of members RUNNING to HELP.
we post our catch so our BROTHER or SISTER  BCA MEMBER can go crabbing with good results.
Thank You for Joining our FAMILY.
CHIEF
I guess I ended up with all the good looks in this family cause I sure got some UGLY brothers  Roll Eyes  Grin

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home