December 06, 2021, 07:25:07 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabs in Corolla  (Read 8935 times)
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2008, 01:27:13 PM »

Just got back from the outerbanks and rather than fight the smelly smoke at Lake Mattemuskett for some 8" tin crabs  Roll Eyes been there done that. I decided to give Gene (Genecrabman) a call.  I met Gene in Kitty Hawk and he sold me a stuffed, lid busting bushel of NC's finest.  Thanks again Gene, they were awesome!!  Anyone vacationing in the banks, Gene is top notch! Cool

Now the search begins...
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 02:28:44 PM »

Thanks for the nice words, Crabtime.. Glad you enjoyed them... GENE
tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »

Nice , enjou em.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.
metallica81186

Get Er Done!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 12:19:09 AM »

Hey Gene i go to OBX every year around end of July-beginning of August in Emerald Isle. I never bring my boat down there so i can only crab from our pier which may be about 3-4 dozen or so in like 2 days. So anyways, we always need more crabs(Capt'n Willis is very expensive now) and i was wondering if you are located anywhere around there because if you are willing to sell a bushel I will buy them. I know it's a good month away but if you could get back in touch I'd appreciate it.Thanks
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 04:25:53 AM »

I'm on the Northern OBX in Dare County. In the Kill Devil Hills Area, maybe you should try here in this area. It will save quite a bit of riding time and we have more crabs here too.. If your ever in this area look me up.Lots of luck, GENE

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:34:59 AM »

Just got back from the outerbanks and rather than fight the smelly smoke at Lake Mattemuskett for some 8" tin crabs  Roll Eyes been there done that. I decided to give Gene (Genecrabman) a call.  I met Gene in Kitty Hawk and he sold me a stuffed, lid busting bushel of NC's finest.  Thanks again Gene, they were awesome!!  Anyone vacationing in the banks, Gene is top notch! Cool

Crabtime,

Yeah Gene hooked me up to when I was down there first week of June.  Real nice guy and real good crabs too.

....Cdog

MD / PA Line
metallica81186

Get Er Done!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »

so that is quite a bit of drive then from Emerald Isle im assuming?
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »

so that is quite a bit of drive then from Emerald Isle im assuming?

yes it is.  Gene is in the Kill Devil hills area which is between Nags Head and Kitty Hawk when you first corss over the bridge onto the barrier island.  It is about 8 miles below the bridge.  To get down to emarld isle you would have to drive another 60 miles south to Hatteras village, then take a 45 minute ferry ride to Ocracoke island and then another ferry ride 1 1/2 hours to the lower banks to emerald isle. SO maybe 3-4 hours  Gene is in the northern outer banks.... and emerald isle is in the lower banks almost into SC.  So it is far, but also not very accessible.  several ferry rides to get across the inlets/water etc.  It is faster to go to the lower banks by mainland then cross over from the bottom and head north than it is to drive down the barrier islands. 

MD / PA Line
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 12:43:48 PM »

That would be a trek for some crabs. CrabDog is right, it would take ya no less than 3 1/2 hrs to drive mainland roads, longer by ferry plus wait times at those ports. But, if ya wanted to make a day trip and stop in Ocracoke Village, etc by all means I would get the Cedar Island ferry to Ocracoke. From Emerald Isl, it's about 1 hr ride to dock, then 2 3/4 ferry ride. Then when ya ready to leave Ocracoke they have ferries to Hatteras(on the north end) every 20-30 minutes till midnight, then Gene is a hop skip and jump from there.
They are catching lots of females down on Emerald Isl area, so if ya do bring a boat or travel to New Bern, ya can handline etc from public waterfront, up in the Neuse River, pretty males up there too.

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
Osprey88

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »

Was in Cor-ah-lla last week and managed to hook-up with Gene for a 1/2 bushel (overstuffed) of heavy Jimmies. The crabs were fantastic and Gene was kind enough to wait for me when I was late to meet him (did anyone else know there's more than one set of mile markers? Currituck apparently has their own!!).  Anyway, just wanted to add to all the good words that folks have to say about Gene and add my two cents that he is definitely THE MAN to call for crabs if you are ever visiting the area. Will be back next year so I'm keeping Gene's phone number handy.   2thumbsup Smiley

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 12:51:56 PM »

Yeah he is the man of the OBX..!   But do tell him that he might get a more conceited than he already is ..!!
 laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Just kidding Gene.. I guesss you're  battening down the hatches waiting for Hannah at this point..

As for the two sets of markers.. that is because there is RT 12 North up towards duck corolla corova and RT 12 South Kitty Hawk, Kil Devil Hills and Nags Head on down...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:53:49 PM by CrabDog » Logged

MD / PA Line
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 03:13:08 PM »

my family goes too outerbanks every year next year where going on a cruis but its realy nice there.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »

Thanks for All the Kind words guys.. I took some of my pots up yesterday and Thursday... Still have many left out there also.. I think we will be fine, if not it will be like a Jelly-Bean hunt next week, Grin...
The local new reported a 55 mph gust around 9am this morning, it seem to be more gusty here now..It's head to the North so you guys becareful... Gene

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home