October 14, 2019, 04:48:09 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tred Avon River - Worth Reading ***  (Read 10404 times)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 02:59:34 AM »

nice going.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
tred crabber

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 09:53:29 AM »

Deadeye, where did you catch the 9" crabs. I have caught one 9"er on the Tred in 12 years. You said you still had fun in the heat, but the breeze was blowing all day. You must have been way up by Easton Point.
  We almost filled the basket this week and had three 7 3/4 crabs. Put them on the stretcher but couldn't get them to 8". There were more small ones this weekend , but still tough. I ran 8 pop-up traps along with my trot line and the traps only caught one keeper in 4 hours. My kids didn't even want to bother with them after a while.
 I can be on the Tred in the time it takes to lower the lift, and I am considering trailering the boat to find a new location.
 Sunday morning I only saw one commercial guy and he was crabbing for himself. That tells me a lot.

Maybe stories will no longer be called "Fish" tales
thunderhawk

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 11:29:13 PM »

tred crabber,i know and agree with EVERYTHING your saying. i've crabbed the tred for several years now but i havent been there in over 3 weeks. thats the longest i've ever been away from there in the middle of the summer due to poor crabbing and mainly just too many people out there. it gets worse and worse each and every year! thats a beautiful river to be in with some very nice scenery. your a very lucky man to be able to see that every day. never got any huge crabs out of there but always used to do good enough for me and the family and friends.    great post!
bigdaddyy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 01:33:07 PM »

Why is it that everytime someone post an oustanding catch (either size or quantity) someone else questions whether they're being truthful. Personally I think that two people can crab the same river on the same day at the same depth and have VASTLY different results. Deadeye, great catch! No I'm not going to ask where the photos are. I usually post photos, but sometimes I forget, or just don't get to it because I'm busy EATING CRABS. I will take people at their word until I have a reason to do otherwise.

Peace
Bigdaddyy
tred crabber

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 01:51:37 PM »

I just want to know where the 9 inchers are.

Pinchy03

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 04:42:57 PM »

I just want to know where the 9 inchers are.

In the WYE. 

Anyone ever think that maybe that river gets crabbed out b/c of how hard the comms hit it early in the season.  The way SOME *(not all) of those Tred comms act towards recs I hope they are shooting themselves in the foot.  Heaven forbid someone may lay near your 1 mile line when they are no where to be seen for 30 minutes.
thunderhawk

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 08:39:13 PM »

In the WYE. 

Anyone ever think that maybe that river gets crabbed out b/c of how hard the comms hit it early in the season.  The way SOME *(not all) of those Tred comms act towards recs I hope they are shooting themselves in the foot.  Heaven forbid someone may lay near your 1 mile line when they are no where to be seen for 30 minutes.
you HONESTLY hope there shooting themselves in the foot!?!?!? not me! there are [arseholes] in every river. what comes around goes around is how i see it.
Deadeye

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 08:10:06 PM »

I put in at the Easton town Ramp and set in across from Neck point in 7' to 9 ' of water. We got 5 a little over 8" and  3
over 9".  The rest were well above the 5 1/4  min. The wind was blowing but it was still hot! Now thats the scoop on the poop , take it or leave it.
frankthirst

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »

I live on the Tred Avon river and crab every weekend. Some of these glowing reports need to be questioned.
Everyone I speak with is have the same result as I have had. "To much work for too few crabs." I usually talk to 8-10  chicken necker boats a day as well as the commercial guys out of Bellevue. The first couple weeks were ok, but now it is tough.
   Serious crabbers are not going to get on here and broadcast where they are getting bushels of crabs in a few hours.
 I had a hot spot all to myself for 4 weeks a couple of years ago. I never told anyone, but someone obviously found it and now there are 12 boats rub rail to rub rail there every weekend.
  Until 3 years ago I could catch 2 bushels in 3-4 hours, throw the mediums back and keep 5-6 dozen large ones. Now I crab 8 hours for less than a bushel of mediums. If anyone claims they are getting a bushel of jumbos out of the Tred, they are good story tellers. Our crabs ,on average, are not the jumbos you can get for $75 per dozen at the Crab Claw. Those crabs are coming from the Chester and Miles.
 September and October may bring back the fun.

not to contradict to what you are saying  but if you were getting 2 bushels but said you were throwing back the mediums and keeping 5 or 6 dozen large ones .....those must have been huge crabs to fill 2 baskets with 5 or 6 dozen......bigger crabs hang in shalower water  and when the season starts up in spring you are catching last years crabs  already grown up  and then the new crabs start showing up  smaller ........they will get bigger in the fall ......but i know a guy in md running a truck to florida to pick up crabs  and a month ago he dropped the price and almost stopped coming down and the crabs he is getting are not that pretty......so at one time the crabs must have came on prety good in the bay and carolinas and now has fallen back off..........or least the amount of number ones has ........but he raised the price back up and is coming to fl twice a week now ....... i think we had a late spring and the crabs are a bit out of cycle right now.....but there are alot of exagerated stories on here but none the less crrabs are unpredictable an inconsistant so when one person catches one day it might not be there the next

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home