December 03, 2021, 11:38:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: crabbing/fishing in hatteras next week  (Read 5481 times)
thunderhawk

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »

vacationing in hatteras next weekend and taking a trotline with us. was wondering about licenses or laws pertaining to trotlines in nc. is there a ramp at odens dock or teachs lair and would the crabbing be good in the sound? any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. going offshore fishing a couple times too and really looking forward to that as well. thanks in advance.
tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »

Don't know , but have a GREAT time.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.
thunderhawk

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:53:44 PM »

thanks for the thought. i'm quite sure we'll have a great time! thanks!
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:21:49 AM »

Teach's Lair has a very nice ramp.. It should be good crabbing along the Rollinson Channel, or from the Channel up towards Frisco.. Those crab haven't seen a trotline in 30+years..LOL  Gene

You might want to take a cooler with some ice, those crabs tend to die very quickly in that area during the summer..
Osprey88

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 11:47:30 AM »

Was checking the NC Wildlife site, and it looks like you need a fishing license even for surf fishing. Can anyone confirm that this is true?

horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 12:25:20 PM »

Was checking the NC Wildlife site, and it looks like you need a fishing license even for surf fishing. Can anyone confirm that this is true?
YES and you need this site http://www.ncfisheries.net/

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
Osprey88

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 01:13:07 PM »

Thanks Horsefly. Hopefully this isn't a really stupid question, but since I'll be in Corolla Light at the end of August I'm trying to figure it out. The website says a license is required to take finfish. Does that mean if I was planning to release anything I caught that I would not require a permit? I'm planning to throw-in a line while on vacation, and unless I catch a freak it's always catch-it, show it to the kids, then send it back into the water.
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 03:42:18 PM »

Errrr You better get the license regardless. Fishing is fishing, just like ya can't be sorta pregnant Grin Well ya do know ya just be the daily license, it's well worth it unless ya visit NC on a regular basis. Then I would get the whole deal. But if you're just fishing in salt water only you want the NCCRFL. As far as crabbing goes ask Genecrabman he's located over that way. If worse came to worse, he could hook you up with some crabs.

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
thunderhawk

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 07:01:17 PM »

Teach's Lair has a very nice ramp.. It should be good crabbing along the Rollinson Channel, or from the Channel up towards Frisco.. Those crab haven't seen a trotline in 30+years..LOL  Gene

You might want to take a cooler with some ice, those crabs tend to die very quickly in that area during the summer..
thank you very much for the tip gene. they dont trotline down there? Huh Huh Undecided Undecided Undecided. didnt know that! maybe we'll shock the [Sam Hill] out of them with something different! laugh laugh laugh laugh thanks again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home