November 14, 2018, 08:35:17 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a crab spice that has REALLY coarse salt in it?  (Read 2491 times)
577NitroExpress

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2008, 01:36:19 PM »

Hellow everyone!

I was talking with my dad the other day about a crab spice that an old neighbor of ours had on his crabs.

We lived outside of Philly and out neighbor, Greg, would have to travel to Maryland every few weeks for work.  When he would come back, he always planned a crab feast and would bring back a couple of bushels.

Well, I have no idea where he got them, or where in Maryland he went, but the crab spice that the place he got them from used a spice mixture that had big, coarse chunks of salt in it - almost like the salt you spread on the driveway when it snows.

Does anyone know of such a spice mixture that was sold at one point in Maryland?  If so, I would love to try to get some to see if it is still appealing to me after so many years.
madcrabber1113

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?action=dl

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 01:38:52 PM »

JO has a season blend with coarse salt in it but not that big.That sounds like something you might want to eat in the emergency room so help is close by when the old blood pressure hits the roof  Shocked
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »

Its called Harbor Spice,I got mine from York Pa but that seafood market is out of business now.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 05:40:53 PM »

Its called Harbor Spice,I got mine from York Pa but that seafood market is out of business now.

Ron, what was the name of the seafood market?
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »

Don's Seafood

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne

HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »

Don's Seafood

Never heard of that one.
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »

Harbor Spice is in Harford Co. I believe. You can "Google" them for info.

JO's has some pretty coarse salt - but it's more like kosher salt than rock salt.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home