September 21, 2019, 11:42:47 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 08/14/08 Choptank River Fishing Pier  (Read 8158 times)
marysue1227

I'm not stooopid!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »

Good Job MArySue, too bad there isn't any up here in the Susquahanna. I am about 15 minutes from the river. About an hour above Harrisburg.

Sorry to hear that. My husband has family in Lewistown PA. It's real pretty up that way. I am sure we pass by you when we go there. I know we drive through Harrisburg so I'm sure we do.

Maybe you should come down and visit us sometime in old Maryland. I once met some guys at the Choptank pier that drove down from Pittsburg to fish there. I thought they were nuts but they did it and then drove back home that day too.

I'd rather be crabbing!!  Wink

Calm seas do not make a skilled sailor!

Don't start none! Won't be none!
crabster2

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2008, 06:24:33 PM »

Thanks for a great report.  Smiley 
jdroat

8.5" Mumbo thanks to KC and JH

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »

Thanks Marysue, MAybe some year i will visit you down there. With tewo kids and the wife going back to college it is hecktic. I am actually E. of Lewistown. This maY HELP. I am 45 miles East of Penn State, near the towns of Lewisburg, Sunbury, Selinsgrove. About 40 miles South of Williamsport. But our hunting cabin is about a 15 minute drive from Lewistown.
CrabmanC27C

"Never seen a blue crab!just the red ones"

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 12:02:29 AM »

Where there are jellies , there are most likley crabs,  Wink
yepp,cats moving also.Time too doulble bait. Smiley Smiley Wink

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~
marysue1227

I'm not stooopid!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »

Thanks Marysue, MAybe some year i will visit you down there. With tewo kids and the wife going back to college it is hecktic. I am actually E. of Lewistown. This maY HELP. I am 45 miles East of Penn State, near the towns of Lewisburg, Sunbury, Selinsgrove. About 40 miles South of Williamsport. But our hunting cabin is about a 15 minute drive from Lewistown.

Yes I know where you are now. It would be a long drive for you to come to MD for crabbing. I understand the kids and college thing. I have three kids, I go to college. I know how tough that can be. Hopefully you will be able to find some time to enjoy yourself and catch the blues.

I'd rather be crabbing!!  Wink

Calm seas do not make a skilled sailor!

Don't start none! Won't be none!

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 04:39:42 PM »

Thats interesting.  We have been wondering were all the Jellies were.   I hate when they get here.  You get them all over ya while handling the pots. 

Sounds like you had a great day for sure..  thumbsup

Jack

I was rockfishing yesterday marker 86 gum thicketts and jelly fish everywhere.  live lining spot caught 7 rock 24-28 and 10 bluefish up to 22 inches.  not a bad day for goofing off.  but the water doesn't seem to be super warm,but it is getting very salty.  We even saw a loggerhead sea turtle surface coming down to the fishing spot about a half mile north of gum thickett's abotu 4 miles south of the bay bridge off of kent island...  Swear to God  I saw his head and body in the water he was three ft around head was between a softball and cantaloupe..  It was a sea turtle for sure as we look for em when I go to OBX for cobia fishing.... Never seen one that far north before.  So maybe he was chasing jelly's for dinner.  I have heard in years past of tiger and bull sharks being caught by netters by the bay bridge....

...............cdog

...Cdog
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:43:20 PM by CrabDog » Logged

MD / PA Line

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home