October 22, 2020, 05:34:42 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many crabs do you normally eat at one sitting???  (Read 14509 times)
Darrell

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2004, 09:01:31 PM »

Depends on the situation. For example if I go crabbing catch a dozen for myself then I may eat a few then pick the rest out for meat the next day or two. On a rare occision I eat crabs at a crab house and then I get 1/2 dozen. If I'm at a crab feast like RNC's last mo. then I may get up to about 10 with extras like corn on the cob ect. And those crabs there were big too!
mrscharms
Lifetime Member

I REALLY LOVE crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2004, 10:29:43 PM »

Henpot!!  LOL!  Well, I feel the same way about fishing...I love to fish, but I don't eat fish!

This was the real reason for my post...my son is so insistent that we go to the Old Mill Crab House...all you can eat crabs...$33.00 per PERSON...Bobby wouldn't go, so that is four of us...we are talking about a $150.00 bill here with drinks and tip.....I am want to convince him that all you can eat crabs at $33.00 per person is just NOT worth it!!  

Esp with my crabbing luck lately, AND the fact that I can get a half bushel for $27.50...

Janice
jengirl1014

I love crabs! (but then again, who doesn't?)

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2004, 08:36:46 AM »

You tell'em  mrsc! Grin

Jen! :-)
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2004, 02:39:21 PM »

On an empty stomach, and a pitcher of cold beer, I can easily eat a dozen. If you add in spiced shrimp and hushpuppies then I'm down to about 8-12 crabs.  Grin
long green crabber
In Memoriam 12/2011
Lifetime Member

crabbin` cruiser

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2004, 02:44:01 PM »

hush puppies! send me some. aint had no hush puppies for several full moons.   lgc

davo

"Crabbing every day can't chase the blues away"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2004, 06:01:07 PM »

Henpot!!  LOL!  Well, I feel the same way about fishing...I love to fish, but I don't eat fish!

This was the real reason for my post...my son is so insistent that we go to the Old Mill Crab House...all you can eat crabs...$33.00 per PERSON...Bobby wouldn't go, so that is four of us...we are talking about a $150.00 bill here with drinks and tip.....I am want to convince him that all you can eat crabs at $33.00 per person is just NOT worth it!!  

Esp with my crabbing luck lately, AND the fact that I can get a half bushel for $27.50...

Janice

My how things have changed!...Back in the early 70's we lived in Ft. Lauderdale Fl for about 6 years before my company transferred back to N.J...During my time in Ft. Lauderdale I was a regular at a place called the Rustic Inn Crab House....Are you sitting down???...The price for "All You Care To Eat" was $3.99 per person and a pitcher of beer was $2.00... a pitcher of wine was $3.00. Shocked

These days I can still put away a couple of dozen on a Sunday while watching football....Only these days I catch my own. Wink
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 06:03:25 PM by davo » Logged
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2004, 06:13:41 PM »

Janice

My how things have changed!...Back in the early 70's we lived in Ft. Lauderdale Fl for about 6 years before my company transferred back to N.J...During my time in Ft. Lauderdale I was a regular at a place called the Rustic Inn Crab House....Are you sitting down???...The price for "All You Care To Eat" was $3.99 per person and a pitcher of beer was $2.00... a pitcher of wine was $3.00. Shocked

These days I can still put away a couple of dozen on a Sunday while watching football....Only these days I catch my own. Wink
Hey Davo...with you catchin yer own,and the recent picture you posted,I can see why you're in such good shape Wink Grin...crabbin will do that for ya Grin Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
davo

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2004, 06:30:12 PM »

Posolutley Absatively....Eating crabs on a regular basis is the secret to my youthful look...For years people thought that oysters were the secret to eternal youth and other important health functions. The world can thank me for discovering the crab formula. Wink
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 06:32:03 PM by davo » Logged
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2004, 06:34:21 PM »

I do both, just in case Grin Grin Grin

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2004, 06:39:30 PM »

Posolutley Absatively....Eating crabs on a regular basis is the secret to my youthful look...For years people thought that oysters were the secret to eternal youth and other important health functions. The world can thank me for discovering the crab formula. Wink
hey buddy,from your recent posts with your family close by?....take advantage of it,that is AWESOME Wink...however,one bit of caution from Da King Wink...yer son,the one with the big belly?...the Royal Doctor,..Dr Vinny Boom Bats has advised that you gits him out crabbin more often Wink....he could use some "crabbin conditioning" Grin Grin Grin Grin

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker

davo

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2004, 06:59:31 PM »

hey buddy,from your recent posts with your family close by?....take advantage of it,that is AWESOME Wink...however,one bit of caution from Da King Wink...yer son,the one with the big belly?...the Royal Doctor,..Dr Vinny Boom Bats has advised that you gits him out crabbin more often Wink....he could use some "crabbin conditioning" Grin Grin Grin Grin
Thank you and thank Dr. Boom Bats for that advice. I've told my son how important it is to get on a crab diet, but he seems to think it's to much work to eat them as often as I....What with all that cracking and shelling. He just likes to catch them. Maybe he'll get the message as more and more people that meet us ask him if I'm HIS son. Cheesy Roll Eyes
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2004, 11:18:18 PM »

the Royal Doctor,..Dr Vinny Boom Bats

Hey KC isn't he the one who dyed your hair. Grin

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
mrscharms
Lifetime Member

I REALLY LOVE crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2004, 11:21:24 PM »

Again, I am DYING here!! Stop it now!! ROFL!!!  

Well, $3.99 for all you can eat is more like it!!  Even, let's say $15 bucks for all you can eat....I say with the poll here...that the average (I haven't done any real math)..but let's just SAY it's a dozen per person...and that's only if you starve everyone in the house for two days...how can anyone justify $33.00 for a dozen crabs??  And surely, the kids would not eat that many!  What really amazes me is that people are lined up at that place a half hour before it opens....oh, America...land of opportunity!!!

Janice
davo

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2004, 11:32:12 PM »

Janice

$150.00 tab just for crabs...wow!..Janice I really feel bad for you. That's 3 times more than what I paid for my first car....Hmmmm.. I could have bought THREE '48 Chevey's for that...but then again gas was only 32 cents a gallon.
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2004, 12:08:12 AM »

Well if you lived in West Palm Beach they were knocking at the door. Cheesy

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.

jengirl1014

I love crabs! (but then again, who doesn't?)

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2004, 06:57:53 AM »

Davo, get with me!  Maybe we can publish it in a paper!  We'll need to lots of research on it though.  Any voluteers? Grin Grin Grin

Jen! :-)
HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2004, 11:25:31 AM »

Davoe, I have to agree with your son!  Stricyly hamburger diet here!
mrscharms
Lifetime Member

I REALLY LOVE crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2004, 11:11:51 PM »

No, I ain't doing that!!  There is no way I'd spend that amt of money on ANY food for one meal!!  I was just making a point that it is just unconsionable to spend $150 bucks for ONE meal for four people...esp crabs!!  
Janice
davo

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2004, 01:04:21 AM »

Davo, get with me!  Maybe we can publish it in a paper!  We'll need to lots of research on it though.  Any voluteers? Grin Grin Grin

Great idea Jen!..However I would like to continue to sacrifice myself in the name of science Embarassed and continue being the one and only subject in what could be dangerous experiments. You could be responsible for gathering blue claw crabs from all over the country, labeling them to identify where the came from, and sending them to me by the bushel. Cheesy I in turn will be responsible for devouring all of them and keeping track of the results. If we find that Maryland crabs for instance, prove to be the best for maintaining youth and vitality, we would patent the formula, build a labratory in Baltimore and start canning and selling it all over the world...I can see it now..."Davo's revitializing crab formula".. :DWe could even have Donald Trump finance the whole deal...but if he were to start getting to pushy you would have the previlege of saying to him "your fired!" Angry..by that time we'd be making millions and we would'nt need him anyway. Grin Grin
davo

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2004, 01:11:22 AM »

No, I ain't doing that!!  There is no way I'd spend that amt of money on ANY food for one meal!!  I was just making a point that it is just unconsionable to spend $150 bucks for ONE meal for four people...esp crabs!!  
Janice

I agree..150 bucks for one meal is way out of line. Especially when your sitting at a table covered in newspaper and given wooden mallets and nut crackers to eat it with...As I've said before I'd rather catch my own crabs and cover my own table with newspapers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home