August 19, 2018, 06:44:19 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commercial Liscense  (Read 8154 times)
dredgecrab

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:55:45 AM »

I am considering moving my operation to NC since the female catch in VA will end Oct. 27. Is it hard to obtain a commercial crab liscense in NC. any waiting period?  Some of us younger crabbers want to continue crabbing for females. With the females closed for the season the market for them should be really good.
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »

I am considering moving my operation to NC since the female catch in VA will end Oct. 27. Is it hard to obtain a commercial crab liscense in NC. any waiting period?  Some of us younger crabbers want to continue crabbing for females. With the females closed for the season the market for them should be really good.
NO ANSWER Lips Sealed

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
dredgecrab

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 10:06:05 AM »

i got cha. if VA doesnt let us work here, we have to go elsewhere. The price of females throughout the winter months is hard to ignore.
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:52:23 PM »

I hope to catch enough this winter to be the one to knock the price down.  Grin

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise in Bath, NC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »

I hope to catch enough this winter to be the one to knock the price down.  Grin
Hmmm, RD I don't think that would be a good plan, unless you're getting TONS of crabs. Personally, I rather catch less for more. Less work, less boxes to heave into truck, etc. But if your plans works, I see more for sale signs on boats,gear and licenses. Shocked Sad

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 04:37:02 PM »

Just once I want to be the SOB who causes the price to go down for everybody else.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
got crab

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »

Just ordered new pots to get ready to supply those yankees with some big fat females.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home