February 23, 2018, 09:23:56 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: trying too make or buy a trotline  (Read 10720 times)
125blackfire

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2008, 05:20:44 PM »

im a general new crabber I have 4 crab traps left out of 10 because at the time I was learning how too drive the boat but now im still unexpended but with 50+ hours of boating. I was looking too buy a trotline because everyone with a trotline is catching a heck a lot more then I. but I was wondering if anyone knows of a store that sells trotline kits by Odenton Maryland or anywhere near Annapolis. Anglers have some sort of trotline kits but last time I was there they only had half of a kit and not full size.

Also what are the parts too a trotline I think I know them but I want too be 100% sure.

Thanks.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
dfran
Supporting Member

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »

Go to the for sale section of the forum. There are trotlines for sale there.
rockinchef

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 05:39:10 PM »

go to link hard crabbing know how, there is a complete printable article on how to purchase, build, and use a trotline
frankwyte4

Steam 'em if ya got 'em

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 06:25:41 PM »

small advice start off small couple hundred feet,  then move up to the full 1200'. 

What hits you was not meant to miss you, and what misses you was not meant to hit you
longbeard

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 06:30:28 PM »

try anglers on rt 50

ethanol [cornwisky] powered johnson 70

HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 06:34:32 PM »

Find someone to go out with first, and see how they run theirs.  If you see one run up close, it will help you a ton.  After seeing it, it is fairly simple, and much cheaper to put your own together.  Good Luck.
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 08:24:53 PM »

Find someone to go out with first, and see how they run theirs.  If you see one run up close, it will help you a ton.  After seeing it, it is fairly simple, and much cheaper to put your own together.  Good Luck.

i crab on the south river at my grandpa's house he lives on the water i have my 12foot jon boat on a lift there. his navhors are always on the water crabbing he could show me how too run a trotline easyly.

and will look at thoughs other links thank you!

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 01:31:57 AM »

Ok here goes, are you still interested in running a trot line - if so let me know and I will give you the BEST ADVICE I HAVE. My brother and I tried from sratch and had a nitemare - I will in all honesty steer you as straight as possible with what I have learned - just let me know if you are interested...................

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
dfran
Supporting Member

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 05:56:19 AM »

Ok here goes, are you still interested in running a trot line - if so let me know and I will give you the BEST ADVICE I HAVE. My brother and I tried from sratch and had a nitemare - I will in all honesty steer you as straight as possible with what I have learned - just let me know if you are interested...................

Don't know what could have been so difficult. Making a trotline is really simple as long as you start with the right materials.

Pretty simple to set one up. But there are some for sale on the forum cheaper than you can buy the materials for. Real simple to make, learning how to run it is a different story. I agree with Hen Pot go out with someone and see how it's done. It'll make things a lot easier.
ChrisH

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 09:37:27 PM »

Fred's Sports in Waldorf has them. I saw them last weekend while I was buying a new pot. I did not see the price. They are complete with floats and all.

Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »

Making it is not a problem. Learning to run one is - I can even say you will always be learning to run one because just when you think you have it down, something will change. It's kinda like life, think you got it all down now, wait 1 day and try again.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Seaweed

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 08:47:38 AM »

I have a 1200' snoodline for sale.  Send me your email and I'll send you pictures.

Git 'r dun!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home