July 03, 2020, 07:04:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I find find dip nets and crab nets, traps or pots in Fredericksburg  (Read 3697 times)
DonaldHWhite

« on: August 25, 2008, 12:46:26 PM »

I used to catch crabs in Newport, OR with my family and friends using ring nets.  We moved to Virginia last year, but it wasn't until last weekend that we crabbed at a pier on Solomons Island using a dip net with some friends and we had a great time.  Over the Labor Day weekend we are going camping at Westmoreland SP and I wondered where the best place is to get an inexpensive dip net or maybe some kind of trap that works well.   I wished we kept our ring nets, but we gave the nets away when we moved. Anyway is it legal in VA or MD to drop ring nets off a pier to catch crabs?
DipNSip

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 02:18:20 PM »

You can get the regulations from here. http://www.mrc.virginia.gov/
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:18:45 AM »

You can use as many ring nets as you want to in VA.  They are considered handline's.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
DOMNIKDYL
Lifetime Member

Tag! your it!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 03:55:38 PM »

I bought some from this guy when I went to South Carolina a few years ago to visit family. Had em shipped there, and left em for future trips, at 2 bucks a piece including shipping, you can't beat em.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAB-NETS-TRAP-NETS-17-in-2-RING-CRAB-NETS-12PK-NEW_W0QQitemZ360082572538QQihZ023QQcategoryZ23822QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PS-rinse em with fresh water and lay them out to dry before storing, the cotton will rot quickly if you leave them wet and stack them up.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 03:58:02 PM by DOMNIKDYL » Logged

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home