October 27, 2020, 12:21:29 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Inches or Better  (Read 50114 times)
ItalianMule

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2008, 02:36:07 PM »

IM & Seaweed,

This post is directed at those two people & maybe they got the reaction they were looking for.

IM - Maybe I am in the minority but I want the truth about sizes,  if I wanted to read some non-sense I would buy a children fiction book on Monster Mumbo's.  I thought this website was Blue Crab Info not Blue Crab Stories.

As for the people who post reports regularly, I think most people are very good.

I'd love to hear the real sizes as well and I think for the most part everyone is pretty honest about it. I just fear that if we constantly badger the people that are obviously not trolling to post pictures or don't post at all then we are going to further diminish the number of reports that we get.

"I am so smart, I am so smart, S.m.r.t I mean S.m.a.r.t."- Homer J Simpson

"My cat's breath smells like cat food"- Ralph Wiggum
JIMMYCRAB

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »

Any one on this site who knows me knows that I don't play around or lie. For years I put honest reports on here and have gone as far as to draw the proverbial X on the water for BCA members.I've shared what little I know freely and tried to help whenever I could. I crabbed commercially every summer from age 11 to 16  and recreationally all of my life. I've personally steamed more crabs than most of you knew existed.  Believe me when I tell you,mine was a measured 10 inches.  It came out of a bushel with 44 crabs in it and a rounded lid. I have a pic somewhere but not with a ruler so it really proves nothing. As far as putting your $$ where your mouth is , I'll take a pic of a 10 1/4 " crab and post it if the price is right.(Enough to cover the gas to my cousins house and back) Would that stop all this petty BS and accusations??? Probably not. Your right Weed , this is the kind of shiz that made me quit posting reports.Too many busy bodies stirrin' the pot and questioning other peoples integrity.Maybe I catch crabs consistently because I know what I'm doing or maybe I'm just lucky.Whatever you decide I DONT CARE!!! I have nothing to prove to any one.___JC
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:00:43 PM by JIMMYCRAB » Logged

Smoked carp tastes just as good as smoked salmon .....when you don't have any smoked salmon.
dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 09:44:28 PM »

I don't have a camera, so the next 10" crab I catch I'm going to draw a picture of it.....with a ruler of course, so you guys believe me and you have the proof you want!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2008, 12:32:07 AM »

Guys, I really did not think I would get that many responses to my post.  But, for you guys that claim you catch 10' crabs ... I am asking you please take a picture of one ... I have never seen a crab nearly that big.

So it's out there, if you don't post a picture than don't tell me you got one.  We still have weeks of prime crabbing left so put your money where you mouth is ?

P.S. - Several years ago while crabbing I met a gentleman in Tuckerton, NJ.  The man was boasting of a 11' crab he had just caught.  When I looked into his bucket I could immediately tell the crab was not that big.  BUT, it did measure out at 9' ... the rest of his crabs were all 4.5 inches (which is th NJ legal size).  So what happened is this nice size crab (which was almost twice the size of the others) created a obsticle illusion because of the smaller crabs that were around it.  Just some food for thought.
This is in the NC records 9 3/4's close enough. Wink

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 12:33:53 AM »

Nice.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2008, 05:16:35 AM »

That must of been caught in Currituck Sound,they don't grow as BIG there.... Grin
oldsunbear

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2008, 11:21:58 AM »

This is in the NC records 9 3/4's close enough. Wink

That one was disqualified after DNA test found that it was actually from Lake Pontchattrain, LA

laugh
D Crabster

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008, 01:20:35 PM »

Alright, alright ... let me withdraw all my previous questions I think I have offended some people & that was not my intent. oops  I personally have never seen a crab 10", having said that I am making a request to all people that frequent this site:

If you catch a 10" crab can you please photograph it & let me see it I don't care about a tape measure just put something in the pic w/the crab so we can get some perspective on it's size.

metallica81186

Get Er Done!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 03:02:19 PM »

Timaeus has a degree in B.S.! can anyone say compulsive liar...she's caught a 100 over 10 inches-Ha the only pics she has showed us in her cooler look like 7.5ers, D crabster you are right though we need to see an actual pic of these 10 inchers because i know if i ever caught one id measure it in a second and post it.
D Crabster

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2008, 03:22:29 PM »

Metallica81186, that looks like a nice one in your photo how big did he go ?  I have not seen anything bigger than a 7.5 in quite some time.  However, this weekend it's on !

metallica81186

Get Er Done!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2008, 04:11:10 PM »

It was 8.5 not my biggest but cool looking, where are you crabbing this weekend Im going out sunday, i have a feeling its going to be a zoo
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2008, 06:26:26 PM »

First, I don't think it is fair to post anything about a Timaeus when she can not respond, right now.

Second, A really good ol boy, a friend of mine, told some guys his son got a 10" er out of Joppatown.  They saved the Caprapice shell.  I asked him to photo it with a ruler.  When he did, it was 9 inches.  Wink Nice crab tho.  Cool Biggest I ever got here was 6 and a 1/4. 

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »

Lots of things shrink up when you put a ruler next to it....

A quick lil joke.........  Why did Lady Di divorce Prince Charles??

Because she thought ALL RULERS had 12 inches Roll Eyes
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2008, 06:31:44 PM »

laugh

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2008, 07:15:50 PM »

First, I don't think it is fair to post anything about a Timaeus when she can not respond, right now.

Fair has nothing to do with it Jack,she started the BS and got everybody in a uproar,seems to me that this is the best time to do it,  Grin

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne

D Crabster

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »

Why can't Timaeus respond ?

Joe Crabs, now someone could call that 9 3/4 a 10 incher and I'd have no problems with that.
Potty Mouth
Lifetime Member

Location: Still, somewhere 'tween the steampot and the cooler

Whatever... SSDD

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2008, 08:48:27 PM »

Fair has nothing to do with it Jack,she started the BS and got everybody in a uproar,seems to me that this is the best time to do it, 

YUP!

"Not all that can be counted, counts. And not all that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »

SHE IS IN TIME OUT
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2008, 12:04:50 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2008, 12:39:36 PM »

Lots of things shrink up when you put a ruler next to it....

A quick lil joke.........  Why did Lady Di divorce Prince Charles??

Because she thought ALL RULERS had 12 inches Roll Eyes

I haven't heard that one since high school Gene.. thanks for the memories.....  laugh laugh

I hate to say it, but all the uproar isn't worth it..... go out crab, have fun and enjoy your catch whether it is 5 1/2" or 9 3/4"....just like fishing what is better catching one bass 8-10 lbs or 30 bass 3-4 lbs.  I will take the 30 fish day anytime...  I think catching numbers is a better bragging right than the fact anyone can luck into a mumbo.. Even I blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while....But to consisently catch good numbers of nice crabs takes more skill and knowledge... Just my 2 cents. 

MD / PA Line

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home