September 16, 2019, 08:16:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catching a Fart in the Wind  (Read 9256 times)
ILLSWIMHOME
Lifetime Member

Shake N Bake

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 01:43:44 AM »

sent ya a bmail

Crab on!
nadapesca

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 11:49:24 AM »

Hit some bulkheads. Across the causeway in Somer's Point, there's a nice public pier you can try. Get the big yellow handled drop lines, Dick's sells them for about 3 ea. Traps are nice, but hand lining is more fun for the kids. You want to keep them interested. Traps can be a pain with tangles, etc. Always get more from hand lines. Get a metal mesh net if you can. Use chicken when hand lining. They hold on to it much harder and longer. Look on live search and scan the area, you'll see a lot of places you can hit that will be deserted at that time. More crabs for you and the kids!

Also, bring light tackle with little Hopkins, Kastmasters, or similar lures. Chrome, gold, chartreuse, etc. Snappers should be there and you'll get a kick out of the kids fighting those little amber eyed demons. Tasty with egg and cornflake or whatever coating. Ashame that they closed fluke early or you'd be able to take the "Duke of Fluke" over in Somer's Point. Fun boat, cheap fares.
DOMNIKDYL
Lifetime Member

Tag! your it!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »

Took a trip with 2 of my sons and my nephew on the Duke in early July.  BEautiful day, lotsa dogfish and small flounder.  Not one keeper on the boat.  Still a good time 22 bucks per adult add 3 bucks for rod rental. 

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.
beachbum

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »

Just take the kids crabbing & have fun with them, like everyone has been telling you, they will remember these times forever. I know I did with my grandfather when I was a kid in the 70's. It's been awhile for me too since I gone crabbing, trying to find a good spot in the Belmar, NJ area.
Get some traps, bait  & have fun with your kids. Cool bandana
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 04:11:02 PM »

DOGFISH Huh Huh Huh Huh

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple

DOMNIKDYL
Lifetime Member

Tag! your it!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 04:51:37 PM »

Look like small sandsharks

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.
fishnchip

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 09:42:30 PM »

Most of my boat time is spent in the back bays of Ocean City.  If you are renting a boat, rent one from Strathmere...there is one place mentioned frequently on this board in that area who is reputable.  This will allow you to fish corson's inlet which is great for stripers, bluefish, and weakies this time of the year.  As far as crabbing would go, there are a few small feeder creeks near Strathmere that you can get into with the rental boats.  There is also a channel on that has been productive for both fishing and crabbing near the tower at the base of the bridge.  If you would like to go by land, try the rowing dock under the 34th st bridge, behind the restaurant on the approach to the 34th st bridge, off any of the bayside bulkheads (be careful!!!), or along the road near corson's inlet.  Crabbing has a lot of activity which keeps the kids entertained.  If I ask my 3 and 5 year old what they want to do, they pick crabbing over fishing.  Take the kids crabbing and enjoy the time. 

BTW, I believe you can catch the fart in the wind with a land breeze.  You would get wet trying to catch it with a sea breeze. Grin

Bill, aka Captain NoCrab
Fish-n-Chip - The Second Batch
'01 Proline 20Walk w/150 Merc.
Found around the Great Egg Bay/Longport/Patcong Creek.
jrccrab
Lifetime Member

Crabbing...Oh Yeah

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 08:43:15 AM »

Most of my boat time is spent in the back bays of Ocean City.  If you are renting a boat, rent one from Strathmere...there is one place mentioned frequently on this board in that area who is reputable.  This will allow you to fish corson's inlet which is great for stripers, bluefish, and weakies this time of the year.  As far as crabbing would go, there are a few small feeder creeks near Strathmere that you can get into with the rental boats.  There is also a channel on that has been productive for both fishing and crabbing near the tower at the base of the bridge.  If you would like to go by land, try the rowing dock under the 34th st bridge, behind the restaurant on the approach to the 34th st bridge, off any of the bayside bulkheads (be careful!!!), or along the road near corson's inlet.  Crabbing has a lot of activity which keeps the kids entertained.  If I ask my 3 and 5 year old what they want to do, they pick crabbing over fishing.  Take the kids crabbing and enjoy the time. 

BTW, I believe you can catch the fart in the wind with a land breeze.  You would get wet trying to catch it with a sea breeze. Grin
Franks Boat Rentals/Strathmere

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home