October 19, 2018, 03:43:17 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 gallon aquarium  (Read 29893 times)
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »

none,unless you have to make the water,9.99 50 gallons,gl Smiley

pepale always told me that salt water tanks where alot more expensive then fresh water too keep it clean???

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2008, 01:29:31 PM »

I do know you have to keep the water perfect and check it every day , plus the fish are quite expenseve.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Sunpal

Pickin' n' grinnin'

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2008, 01:39:58 PM »

Startup costs for equipment are higher than freshwater tanks.  The maintenance is basically the same (clean the filter, scrape the algae...), but you need to buy a salt mix to make new water for your tank with each water change.  (At a minimum, other people change water with different frequency, you should be changing 1/4 of the tanks volume monthly) Saltwater fish are less forgiving to neglect than freshwater species, not that they should be neglected, but when things go bad they usually happen quickly.  Mistakes are more costly because the fish are more expensive.  Don't enter into this lightly, it does require persistence and regular maintenace to keep your pets alive.  Saltwater aquariums have been successfully maintained by newbies, but the dedication and learning has to be there as well, only you can answer that question.  My opinion - stay freshwater until you see if you really like having aquariums.

If it weren't for going in circles, I'd get nowhere
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2008, 01:42:18 PM »

I agree with you 100%  Wink

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2008, 01:42:36 PM »

Startup costs for equipment are higher than freshwater tanks.  The maintenance is basically the same (clean the filter, scrape the algae...), but you need to buy a salt mix to make new water for your tank with each water change.  (At a minimum, other people change water with different frequency, you should be changing 1/4 of the tanks volume monthly) Saltwater fish are less forgiving to neglect than freshwater species, not that they should be neglected, but when things go bad they usually happen quickly.  Mistakes are more costly because the fish are more expensive.  Don't enter into this lightly, it does require persistence and regular maintenace to keep your pets alive.  Saltwater aquariums have been successfully maintained by newbies, but the dedication and learning has to be there as well, only you can answer that question.  My opinion - stay freshwater until you see if you really like having aquariums.

thanks that really helped

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2008, 07:45:45 PM »

1:42 pm............... Why aren't you in school? It's a lot more important than an aquarium. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
CrabmanC27C

"Never seen a blue crab!just the red ones"

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2008, 11:47:26 PM »

pepale always told me that salt water tanks where alot more expensive then fresh water too keep it clean???
not if you have a plentiful supply of tropical sea water.In that case you really need a bigger tank.gl

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2008, 04:06:51 PM »

1:42 pm............... Why aren't you in school? It's a lot more important than an aquarium. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

i was sick. on top of that today my mucus from my throat is red  Embarassed
i wont be going too school until Monday today was last day. because where moving it will take some time too get into our house.

jdroat

8.5" Mumbo thanks to KC and JH

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2008, 05:15:31 PM »

i was sick. on top of that today my mucus from my throat is red  Embarassed
i wont be going too school until Monday today was last day. because where moving it will take some time too get into our house.

If your mucus was red, that probably means blood, and I'm not a doctor but instead of getting on the forum you should see a doctor. Roll Eyes
CrabmanC27C

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2008, 11:30:52 PM »

If your mucus was red, that probably means blood, and I'm not a doctor but instead of getting on the forum you should see a doctor. Roll Eyes
lol/ :laugh:Probel just a bloody boogy.if it presist,see doc.ps them luggers mk good fish food.Hope you feel better. Smiley balloon balloon balloon3 balloon2 balloon2

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »

its stopped today i (snotted if thats right) up some blood not allot but enough too worry me. day be for that happend the back of my throat hurt for at least 24 hours and irritating it more trying too cough and tong motions could have made it worse.

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »

Listen up Youngster... Blood exiting your body from anywhere is not good.  If you have not been to the Doctor, get off the dang PC and GO NOW! 

I am half tempted to lock you out for a week.  Angry

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2008, 11:53:34 AM »

Jack -

Can you make him take a spelling and grammar test to get back on?

Every time I read one of his posts my eyes hurt!

Sue

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2008, 11:06:13 AM »

Itís stopped....my mom is head nurse at a research company and use too is a critical care nurse. I had her look at me.

Back on track....I'm getting a 50G or 50+G tank this weekend or Monday. And I'm putting balla sharks in it because puffers require lots of live food. Balla sharks according to pet coís knowledge they only eat flakes and frozen food. Iíll be ordering the filter over the internet this week hopefully. Heavily planting the tank not sure what plants. And only putting 2 in or more I'm doing some research. And hopefully I can breed them easy =]

(Just moved into new house so I wasn't on the past 2 days for people who are wondering why threes a 2 day waiting in my post....)

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »

OK

CrabmanC27C

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2008, 11:36:08 PM »

Itís stopped....my mom is head nurse at a research company and use too is a critical care nurse. I had her look at me.

Back on track....I'm getting a 50G or 50+G tank this weekend or Monday. And I'm putting balla sharks in it because puffers require lots of live food. Balla sharks according to pet coís knowledge they only eat flakes and frozen food. Iíll be ordering the filter over the internet this week hopefully. Heavily planting the tank not sure what plants. And only putting 2 in or more I'm doing some research. And hopefully I can breed them easy =]

(Just moved into new house so I wasn't on the past 2 days for people who are wondering why threes a 2 day waiting in my post....)

Petco????iei,they recommend the Heavily planted tank?gunna need alot of light.HID,then your gunna have alo of problems.If ou just want puffer fish ,get some sea mix,a tank,a heater and a salinity meter.Follow directions and feed twice a day.gl

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2008, 09:07:36 AM »

Petco  Huh  stop  Find a Tropical Fish Store close by and go there!  Plants are allot harder to keep than fish!

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

no petco didn't suggest it i just thought. because it would give them more too explore. I'm going too try and base the tank on where the fish originates.

puffer fish are too expensive even if i wanted one its too expensive too keep with the live food.

bala sharks sadly get too big.

redtailed sharks are too Territorial.

my main goal is too try and find a community fish that isn't big that has a high dorsal fin (too look like sharks) that wont eat eachother.

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2008, 11:44:48 AM »

simple . ask your questons at the PET store . They will , or should know.  Wink

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator