October 22, 2018, 10:04:49 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 gallon aquarium  (Read 29908 times)
BOTTOM FEEDER
Lifetime Member

GUNPOWDER PIRATE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »

Huh........................................................... Huh.................................................................. Huh..................................... Huh........................................................... Huh......................................
Huh........................................................... Huh.....................Huh........................................................... Huh.................................................................. Huh..................................... Huh........................................................... Huh................................................................................... Huh..................................... Huh........................................................... Huh......................................
Huh........................................................... Huh.................................................................. Huh..................................... Huh........................................................... Huh?........................................................... Huh.................................................................. Huh..................................... Huh........................................................... Huh......................................??......................................
Huh........................................................... Huh.................................................................. Huh..................................... Huh........................................................... Huh......................................
 dizzy2.................................................. wacko

Many good seamen go down the drain....I happen to be a lucky one
HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 02:45:48 PM »

it broke! Shocked Shocked Shocked

It is fine, your problem appears getting you to put enough letters in some configuration that at least gives spell check something to work with.  I can't help you with the aquarium, but I'll gladly send you a dictionary.
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 03:53:30 PM »

I would hope you being 14, you would know how to spell "cheap" Undecided Undecided Undecided

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 04:23:55 PM »

hook your boat to your bicycle and take 695 to the party  yes oops end

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Shocked

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 08:54:24 PM »

hook your boat to your bicycle and take 695 to the party  yes oops end

Huh Huh Huh

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
CrabmanC27C

"Never seen a blue crab!just the red ones"

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 12:15:45 AM »

Dont buy used unless its filled with 50 gallons ;)Expect to pay aroud a dollar a gallon
50 fore leakproof sds good 2 me. Smiley

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~
CrabmanC27C

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 12:17:50 AM »

Dont buy used unless its filled with 50 gallons ;)Expect to pay aroud a dollar a gallon
50 fore leakproof sds good 2 me. Smiley
Might wanna spring for the 300 gallon Shocked Grin Grin Smiley

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~
Sunpal

Pickin' n' grinnin'

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 08:33:09 AM »

IMHO There is no such thing as an aquarium that's "too large".  All to often, people try to cram too much into a tank and are doomed to failure.  (That is why you'll find many used tanks for sale.)  That said, I think you are going to have trouble trying to get everything you need for $50.00.  There are cheap aquariums and good aquariums, but there are no "good cheap" aquariums.  Definitely search craigslist and the classified ads, but don't necessarily jump at the first opportunity.  As CrabmanC27C said, don't buy a used tank unless you see it sitting full of water.  Also, ask the owner what they used it for and why they are selling it.  You don't want a tank that was used for guinea pigs.  Be sure to get the best filter you can afford, many times people buy undersized filters.  Make sure the filter is rated for a higher capacity than the volume of the tank.  If you never had an aquarium, I'd forget Butterfly fish for now, they are very difficult to keep.  Read as much as you can about aquariums, especially the past forums for specifics about keeping crabs.  Keep asking questions, I for one will be happy to offer advice.

If it weren't for going in circles, I'd get nowhere
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 03:18:28 PM »

I'm looking at puffer fish now. a bit expensive but they are just so cute  Wink and funny when they puff if i ever see it puff. this weekend were having a yard sale I'm going too use money from that too help pay my mom is buying the tank, ill have too buy the rest (maybe). how difficult is it too keep puffer fish?

is it normal for people too ask the tank sellers too fill it up with water in front of them?

my mom said no salt water tanks as they are too expensive too keep and more difficult. for some reason i don't know. a crab is out of the picture right now, but for the future whats the minimum size tank too keep just one crab in?

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Sunpal

Pickin' n' grinnin'

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 03:42:42 PM »

Overall, most common types of puffer fish are easy to maintain in an aquarium, but to the best of my knowledge, they are all marine fish (saltwater).

I would never buy a second hand tank without being 100% certain that it does not leak.  If the seller balks, just walk away, you already have your answer.  And yes, I have purchased used tanks, and have made the seller prove the tank was intact.  They can fill the tank before you get there.  You have little recourse after the sale if the tank leaks.  The only time I took untested aquariums, was if they were offered for free (It occasionally happens), and then I tested the tank in my driveway, before it entered my home.  Some of those free tanks did leak too!....anybody need a terrarium?

Unfortunately, saltwater fishkeeping is more expensive than freshwater, thats for sure.  But I like to compare the difficulty of keeping Marine fish to learning to drive a car with a standard transmission vs. automatic.  It is more to know and more to do, but most people can master it.  Mistakes are more costly with marine tanks.  Only you can answer how much time and money you have to put into the hobby.

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »

great and valuable information   Cool and for a fresh water aquarium what is a list of stuff that i need too run and maintain. i have no idea; i know you will need too know what the size of the tank is and what fish is in and all...only thing i know is around 50G. Tongue one more thing what are diffrent species i can put into a 50G?

jdroat

8.5" Mumbo thanks to KC and JH

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 05:29:16 PM »

Just get a hermit crab dude. Roll Eyes
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 08:09:52 PM »

i never liked hermit crab's they look wired and they mean...i just read about piranhas...how id like too have a DANGER SIGHN on my fish tank  laugh laugh laugh (ya you can put your hand in the tank little one)

jdroat

8.5" Mumbo thanks to KC and JH

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 09:16:39 PM »

save the money on the piranah's and buy a good dictionary and spellcheck.

CrabmanC27C

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 11:29:21 PM »

Tropical marine hermit crabs are cool,some very colorful and they keep the bottom clean. Wink

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 06:56:48 AM »

save the money on the piranah's and buy a good dictionary and spellcheck.

i was looking at red belly piranha's, they get up too 1 foot. a 55G tank i think could hold them I'm asking some people about it waiting for a responce. only $9-$15 and they don't need a allot of landscaping =] plues whats better then bragging and saying 'i have a piranha!', but my mom is taking me too two pet stores this Friday too look at other fish. I'm keeping an open mind about it though.

Sunpal

Pickin' n' grinnin'

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 08:13:17 AM »

125blackfire,
In some states keeping piranhas is illegal.  As to your other questions, I'll be sending you a b-mail shortly.  It seems like we're wandering away from or crab topics.  More soon.........

Big Rad

Chase Happiness because life is short

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 08:32:21 AM »

i was looking at red belly piranha's, they get up too 1 foot. a 55G tank i think could hold them I'm asking some people about it waiting for a responce. only $9-$15 and they don't need a allot of landscaping =] plues whats better then bragging and saying 'i have a piranha!', but my mom is taking me too two pet stores this Friday too look at other fish. I'm keeping an open mind about it though.

There is a fantastic resource available to you called the Library.  They have plenty of information on aquariums and fish.  Get a card and learn to spend your time there.  They also have computers so you can log on and keep in touch Wink  Just think that when someone asks a question you can look it up and give us the answer right from what you read.  This will also increase your aptitude and spelling ability Grin Grin  Just because your dad and other relatives spell horribly doesn't mean you have to.  Break that yoke young man!!

I hear the sound of one hand clapping....you don't??
jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 02:02:12 PM »

There is a fantastic resource available to you called the Library.  They have plenty of information on aquariums and fish.  Get a card and learn to spend your time there.  They also have computers so you can log on and keep in touch Wink  Just think that when someone asks a question you can look it up and give us the answer right from what you read.  This will also increase your aptitude and spelling ability Grin Grin  Just because your dad and other relatives spell horribly doesn't mean you have to.  Break that yoke young man!!
  real good advice could'nt have said it better myself thumbsup yes thumbsup

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home