November 17, 2019, 05:05:59 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 gallon aquarium  (Read 31551 times)
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 02:15:55 PM »

didn't you want a boat a week ago?

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 02:22:22 PM »

didn't you want a boat a week ago?

my mom wants me too get a hobby other then boats...no ride too the library patents work until 6-8pm. i understand that everyone is starting too get mad at me for steering off topic; but some people are a HUGE help, somethings you cant get out of a book. why you all gotta be mean about my spelling i UNDERSTAND and I'm working on it so drop the topic.

they are not illegal in MD i checked a chart %90 sure

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »

stick with FRESH water tropical fish . like moons, zebras , neons. guppies, black mollies , soard fish ect. You will need a heater too to keep the temp constant .  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »

stick with FRESH water tropical fish . like moons, zebras , neons. guppies, black mollies , soard fish ect. You will need a heater too to keep the temp constant .  Wink

my mom likes puffer fish (if i get one it will have too be fresh water) something like dwarf puffer if they are fresh water.

but I'm interested in red belly piranhas i can keep around 5-7 in a 55G tank for about a year and a half and possibly upgrade too a 80G tank and be fine with it.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 02:46:56 PM »

Ok, but read up on them as they will make the tank dirty real fast.  Wink

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »

Ok, but read up on them as they will make the tank dirty real fast.  Wink

how? with there eating? and when they grow older do you have too feed them live food?

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 02:58:43 PM »

Yep they prefer live food . If you want an awesome fish that gobbles down gold fish m get a Oscar. They are neat fish and the get about 8 inches or so .nice looking too , orange and black.

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »

Yep they prefer live food . If you want an awesome fish that gobbles down gold fish m get a Oscar. They are neat fish and the get about 8 inches or so .nice looking too , orange and black.

will look at em. you have fish? you sure know alot.

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 03:00:58 PM »

Yea . i have 3 aquariums.  Wink

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 03:09:48 PM »

Yea . i have 3 aquariums.  Wink

wow. i think the Oscars are pretty cool. how much do they cost? i really like the orange stuff on there sides makes them glow =] can Oscars have tank mates? or will they eat all others?

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »

They are only a few dollars . you have to keep them together , yes they will eat other fish . i had a pair and they layed eggs , it was cool to watch ,Then i sold the small ones back to the pet store.

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »

They are only a few dollars . you have to keep them together , yes they will eat other fish . i had a pair and they layed eggs , it was cool to watch ,Then i sold the small ones back to the pet store.

cool ill keep them in mind. i watched some youtube videos of them and dang they gulp the mice down.

madcrab

Say hello to my littl' friend!!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »

Start out small with a 20 gallon aquarium.  Get some common freshwater aquarium fish to learn how to take care of them and how to take care of a tank.  It's fun having fish and other stuff in the tank...but no matter what...THAT TANK IS GOING TO GET DIRTY and the upkeep of an aquarium isn't always easy.  Saltwater tanks are even harder to keep up.  Once you get the hang of the aquarium hobby....THEN you can move onto a more complex system.  Just my honest opinion. Wink Cool

"...as a free man, I take pride in saying, I am a doughnut."
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 08:30:55 PM »

Start out small with a 20 gallon aquarium.  Get some common freshwater aquarium fish to learn how to take care of them and how to take care of a tank.  It's fun having fish and other stuff in the tank...but no matter what...THAT TANK IS GOING TO GET DIRTY and the upkeep of an aquarium isn't always easy.  Saltwater tanks are even harder to keep up.  Once you get the hang of the aquarium hobby....THEN you can move onto a more complex system.  Just my honest opinion. Wink Cool

i understand %100 where you are coming from. my little sister use too have some gold fish in an aquarium i think 15G? but she did not keep care of it and it stunk. fish didn't last too long i think she bought 20 goldfish or something  Cry

madcrab

Say hello to my littl' friend!!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »

I keep (AT MOST) 1 fish per 2 gallons.  Keeping up with the filtration system and cleaning of the tank (glass/rocks/plants) can be quite a task in itself.  Good luck!! It's a fun hobby. Cool

"...as a free man, I take pride in saying, I am a doughnut."

CrabmanC27C

"Never seen a blue crab!just the red ones"

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 11:08:19 PM »

Smiley

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~
Sunpal

Pickin' n' grinnin'

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2008, 07:16:39 AM »

20 Goldfish in a 15 gallon - Zoinks! no wonder they all died.  Talk about overcrowding!  Goldfish produce a lot of waste.  I have 5, 4-5" in a 55 gallon that is starting to look too small.  In the spring they are going into my pond.  People are always amazed when I explain the normal life expectancy of a goldfish is 20 years, most think it is around 6 months.   Roll Eyes

If it weren't for going in circles, I'd get nowhere
Big Rad
Lifetime Member

Chase Happiness because life is short

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2008, 07:21:50 AM »

20 Goldfish in a 15 gallon - Zoinks! no wonder they all died.  Talk about overcrowding!  Goldfish produce a lot of waste.  I have 5, 4-5" in a 55 gallon that is starting to look too small.  In the spring they are going into my pond.  People are always amazed when I explain the normal life expectancy of a goldfish is 20 years, most think it is around 6 months.   Roll Eyes
I got a goldfish in grade school.  I named him Goliath.  I had him when I went away to college.  I came home on break to a half full aquarium of brown water.  The  pump/filter had failed.   Wouldn't you know it, Goliath was still alive in the murky water.  Too bad he couldn't survive Toby.....the cat Shocked Shocked.  Goldfish are some tough creatures.  Some are just baby carp. laugh laugh laugh

I hear the sound of one hand clapping....you don't??
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2008, 07:26:25 AM »

I have gold fish in my outside ponds. they do quite well . i got them for 10 for $1.00 they were about an inch when i put them in the pond . now some of them are 12 inches. the only trouble i have with them is the Blue Heroin that tries to catch them . but i fixed that problem  by putting netting over the ponds.  Wink

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2008, 08:19:14 AM »

The first paying job I had, at age 13, was cleaning fish tanks in a tropical fish store.  I worked in TF stores until I was 18. Pete&Lou's, Al&Jerry's, and Hilltop. It is a great hobby.  Right now I have 30 fish tanks piled in the garage since our move to the new house.   My number 1 project for this winter is to build a fish room.  Over the years my focus changed  from raising fish to aquatic plants.  All the tanks have a couple of special fishes but they are there to complement the plants.  I buy all the plants and fish mail order which saves allot.

Always found it interesting  in the stores.   Some folks would come in and buy a starter tank.  They would come back in a week or two and get some fish.  Then you would never see them again.  Ya just knew all the fish died and they gave up.  Then there were the folks that got the starter setup and would come in every weekend to buy another tank. Ya just knew they were hooked.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:45:56 AM by jack1747 » Logged

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home