December 03, 2021, 11:03:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: brand new  (Read 2719 times)
leezboyz

« on: September 15, 2008, 01:36:32 AM »

Tongue     I am moving to wilmington nc in a few weeks to start,, the rest of my life..

i know little to nothing about crabbing and would like to know what would be the simplest way to get started.  Hope to crab, shrimp, fish, boat and surf my life away while i am here,  Looking foward to new friends. hope you guys will help me with that.

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:56:03 AM »

Welcome to the BCA  Cool

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
coastman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:09:53 AM »

This is what I suggest you do first. Find a pier in your new area. See how others are crabbing from the pier. Most pier crabbers are friendly and will tell you what you need to get started. Find a local bait and tackle shop and "hang out". Talk with the folks there and they will give you crabbing information. Look at North Carolina's Dept. of Natural Resouces at the state's web site. You will find out free sources of information and maps/charts of the coastal area of North Carolina. Hey, tell folks that you are a newcomer and would welcome any type of advice on crabbing. Southern people are friendly. I hope this helps. Crabbing around Wilmington is similar in crabbing in Georgia's coastal waters.
tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »

Welcome aboard , good luck with your move .  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 09:26:52 AM »

Hey welcome to the site Smiley Not sure I can really help with the waters down there, but I think from what I remember, the White Oak River has crabs in it, east of hwy 17 of course, not sure where you would go, but ya can check for public boat ramps etc, and tackle shops for info like that. Also will you be using boat, or fishing /crabbing from shore? Check these sites for license and rule/reg info>>>> http://www.ncfisheries.net/ and http://www.ncwildlife.org/

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home