November 21, 2018, 11:00:30 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new to the blue! just got my first crab and dont know what im doing  (Read 1292 times)
brnpyro

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »

i just moved to corpus christi and am renting a house on one of the canals on north padre island. i bought one of those regular wire box traps at academy sports and threw some chicken bones in it yesterday. i just checked it and i got one thats about 7-8 inches from leg to leg. any and all advice would be appreciated! everything from what i should use for bait to how i prepare the little seabugs when i get em would be awesome! thanks in advance guys
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:26:18 PM »

Welcome , chicken or bunker is the bait of choice for your trap . chek out the site thereis plenty of info on here about crabs, cooking , cleaning ect. good luck,  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Potty Mouth
Lifetime Member

Location: Still, somewhere 'tween the steampot and the cooler

Whatever... SSDD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »

Yep, welcome!  Keep em alive till you cook em.  You can steam em like we do up here or boil em and you can clean em before you cook or cook em up just the way they are when you catch em.  Seasoning is key.  A lot of us are fanatics and have our particular favorite ways of doing things.  Learn about  how to keep em alive in the transporting threads.  Keep em cool. let em get air and don't put em where they go under in fresh water... have fun on the site here... you're at the right place to develop your skills and knowledge on crabbing  Grin

"Not all that can be counted, counts. And not all that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein
dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 12:33:26 PM »

You may want to check out the regs for Texas. Size of legal crabs, point to point not leg to leg, how many you can keep,
type of gear you can use, license requirements. Just a suggestion. You may also want to concentrate your Texas questions in the Forum section called "Gulf Coast Crabbing".
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 12:36:09 PM by dfran » Logged
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »

Here is the best place to get the basics. -> http://www.bluecrab.info/  and Welcome

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home