June 19, 2021, 06:57:16 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choptank Fishing Pier 10/17/08  (Read 1500 times)
scottmanb

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2008, 03:53:05 PM »

Hello everyone, Went down to the Choptank pier today. It's been 5 years since the last time. Wow! the DNR is letting that place fall apart. Picnic tables busted up, benches missing boards. I seen they put the trash cans back on the bridge. It still looks like people don't know how to use them.

Any way I didn't do that well with the crabs. I start at 7:46 am and rolled out at 12:30 pm, with a total of _________ 9 Crabs. They were nice ones, between 6 1/2" - 7 1/2" and heavy too. I had one throw back and no sooks. I was hoping to catch a couple dozen. It drizzled off and on all morning. The fishing wasn't all that good. I caught a few small spot. It's all good thought. I enjoyed my self. Tonight I will eat my catch. Hot steamed crabs on a cool Fall evening.  Grin Nothing better. I'm looking forward to the next time.
Thanks to all for the info. I wish I knew about the blue crab forum, before I found it this week. Good Luck to every going crabbing this weekend. Wear some clothes, it's going to be cool out there.
Happy crabbing, Scott        
marysue1227

I'm not stooopid!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:38:02 PM »

Usually the pier does have trash on it. I try to clean up what I see but one person can't do it alone. The Parks guys usually come down and clean the trash off the bridge too but they don't come every day. They are also tearing up the tables and the bridge needs repair.

What I would like to see them do is something like what they have at Metapeake. They have an ATM like machine there where you put in your money and get a ticket back that says you paid for your time there. If you don't have it you get a ticket if you park there. I wish they would do it at the pier. I wouldn't mind paying $5 or so if it meant that the money could be used to fix up the pier. It may also keep some of the people who have no respect for what is free out of there. There is a saying that one of my Economics professors told me.

If something is owned by someone then that someone will take care of it. If it is owned by everyone then someone else will take care of it. 

Moral of the story is that when people use something that is free the think that it has little value. They feel no responsibility and just figure that the they have no responsiblity and just plain use and abuse it. Sad.

I'd rather be crabbing!!  Wink

Calm seas do not make a skilled sailor!

Don't start none! Won't be none!
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »

Usually the pier does have trash on it. I try to clean up what I see but one person can't do it alone. The Parks guys usually come down and clean the trash off the bridge too but they don't come every day. They are also tearing up the tables and the bridge needs repair.

What I would like to see them do is something like what they have at Metapeake. They have an ATM like machine there where you put in your money and get a ticket back that says you paid for your time there. If you don't have it you get a ticket if you park there. I wish they would do it at the pier. I wouldn't mind paying $5 or so if it meant that the money could be used to fix up the pier. It may also keep some of the people who have no respect for what is free out of there. There is a saying that one of my Economics professors told me.

If something is owned by someone then that someone will take care of it. If it is owned by everyone then someone else will take care of it. 

Moral of the story is that when people use something that is free the think that it has little value. They feel no responsibility and just figure that the they have no responsiblity and just plain use and abuse it. Sad.
2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 06:35:54 PM »

Well put.  Wink thumbsup

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
CrabmanC27C

"Never seen a blue crab!just the red ones"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 11:40:08 PM »

good report.better luck next yr. :)I hope oysters make a come back. Undecided Lips Sealed

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~

CrabmanC27C

"Never seen a blue crab!just the red ones"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 11:43:31 PM »

One man gathers what another one spills.Get the net Cry

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home