October 27, 2020, 03:12:31 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wye 10-26  (Read 7114 times)
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2008, 11:46:47 PM »

A little OCD is a good thing!

Now, I just carry the cell phone, don't have a vhf radio. Might put that on my "I think I might buy me this new toy" list. Generally, though we don't go very far from the landing. A 3hp motor is not major seafaring equipment! And we're always in drifting distance of one private pier or another. One good thing about looking as pitiful as we do, nobody expects much of us!

Sue

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.
PHILLY JOE
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2008, 11:50:19 PM »

Got to the Wye at 7am. Headed toward the mouth. Tried a spot along the way by Wye Island. 2 runs , 3 crabs. Moved to just below the lighthouse. Had a couple good runs and then went down. Met Pennsycrabber and Mike2u out there. Tried different depths and kept moving traps, picking up a few here and there.  Pennsycrabber and Mike2u fared better than us and were gone. We headed around the west river and tried a spot. Picked up 10 more and were done at 3pm. Ended with a little over 3/4 bu. A doz. or so 7+ inches but most smaller. 3 of the largest ones were covered with mud. Had to rinse 2 before cooking. Got back to ramp and met Dreampixel. Great to put  faces to the forum members.

Was a little long getting home today with the WHO playing at the Wachovia center and The Phillies playing in the Series. Lot of traffic. I think both events started around the same time. Still managed to get crabs cooked, shower, and enjoy a doz crabs and beer as I watched the Phillies take it to Tampa.

May make one more trip for the year next week. Might try Eastern bay( weather permitting) and see if the big crabs are there. One guy we talked to went out there and he told us he caught a lot of really nice size crabs.

Well, good luck to anyone else who ventures out this year.  2thumbsup

Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2008, 11:50:35 PM »

A little OCD is a good thing!

Now, I just carry the cell phone, don't have a vhf radio. Might put that on my "I think I might buy me this new toy" list. Generally, though we don't go very far from the landing. A 3hp motor is not major seafaring equipment! And we're always in drifting distance of one private pier or another. One good thing about looking as pitiful as we do, nobody expects much of us!

Sue

Odds are very good someday you will tow someone bigger in...........

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »

Dear God - please let the wind be blowing from our back - we'll need all the help we can get!

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 11:59:20 PM »

two or three weeks ago someone left from the boat ramp while i was fishing not two hours later they were being towed in by some nice people.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home