December 15, 2019, 06:26:33 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THOMPSON CREEK 10/26  (Read 5497 times)
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »

OCD: the impulsive, uncontrollable urge to put everything in it's "correct" order or place.

CDO: with the letters arranged alphabetically.  You know, like they're supposed to be!   laugh laugh

Shocked laugh laugh laugh laugh

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
crabnrich

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 11:07:03 PM »

I guess I'll be the one to ask the question blackfire forgot to ask  - can you eat horseshoe crabs and how do I catch them off my pier? (sorry for the spelling).
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »

I guess I'll be the one to ask the question blackfire forgot to ask  - can you eat horseshoe crabs and how do I catch them off my pier? (sorry for the spelling).

HorseShoe crabs are edible, but only about 1/3 of them. From the hinged point just behind the head area to about 2/3 the way down the tail. This area of the Horseshoe crab is know as the "ediblecrabiekustarea" no other are should be even attempted eaten.

The best bait for Horseshoe crab is IRON. This is where they have derived their name  "Horseshooiekusscrabiecuss" translated to mean IRON CRAB or Crab of Iron. Old Timers used old rusty horse shoes for bait hence their common name, however today with the lack of horses for transportation most commercial horse shoe crab fisherman rely on rebar, rusty motor blocks, brake drums, h beams, I beams and so on.

Normally below the temps of 40 degrees the horse shoe crab is not active, however on sunny days even ice covered waters can produce horse shoe crab of monumental size and weight as scientists through out the world are begining to see the "HORSESHOOIEKUSSCRABIECUSS" responding to UV light. We are in the very early stages of this finding and will be bring to light more as time goes on.

For now yes it is possible under the right conditions to catch the "HORSESHOOIEKUSSCRABIECUSS" ( the common horse shoe crab) off your pier.

Thank You for your question and we will be looking forward to your next one as our Motto here is .....If we can not dazzle you with brilliance then WE WILL certainly baffle you with BS......................

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:36:35 PM by Dreampixels » Logged

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 11:29:57 PM »

I don't know how too catch a horseshoe crab, and I could care less about catching them they are too ugly for me. but try googleing it i googled it and couldn't find anything.try wikipidia (i think i spelled that wrong) ost something that you could have used google too find it. I'm learning that the hard way.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
ItalianMule

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 08:05:17 AM »

I don't know how too catch a horseshoe crab, and I could care less about catching them they are too ugly for me. but try googleing it i googled it and couldn't find anything.try wikipidia (i think i spelled that wrong) ost something that you could have used google too find it. I'm learning that the hard way.

This kid just doesn't understand sarcasm does he?  wall wall wall wall wall

"I am so smart, I am so smart, S.m.r.t I mean S.m.a.r.t."- Homer J Simpson

"My cat's breath smells like cat food"- Ralph Wiggum

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2008, 08:15:44 AM »

This kid just doesn't understand sarcasm does he?  wall wall wall wall wall
I think he was responding to reply #21.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
ItalianMule

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »

I think he was responding to reply #21.

Yes I know, I'm pretty sure crabnrich was being sarcastic. At least it appeared to be sarcasm to me.

jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2008, 10:56:11 AM »

Do they rent boats at the wye & do they have chicken necks for sale there laugh laugh laugh laugh

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
ItalianMule

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2008, 11:31:26 AM »

Google it.  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home