October 15, 2018, 09:55:16 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State may require license for all who go crabbing  (Read 24219 times)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
ItalianMule

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 09:30:09 PM »

The problem isn't the $2.00 it's the principle of the thing. Once they get a fee in place then it's easier to jack it up every year until it's just another huge money making scheme and another Tax.

"I am so smart, I am so smart, S.m.r.t I mean S.m.a.r.t."- Homer J Simpson

"My cat's breath smells like cat food"- Ralph Wiggum
CrabmanC27C

"Never seen a blue crab!just the red ones"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 01:33:32 AM »

Hmmmmmm
laugh laugh Ante up,Whats the game???DEAL Wink

"Music is the sigh of the oppressed masses,It is the heart in a heartless world"~Bill Graham~
frankwyte4

Steam 'em if ya got 'em

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 07:10:55 AM »

having  more licenses doesn't tell you how many crabs are being caught.  Don't be fooled whether they have a license or not they are still going to estimate what they caught instead of know what they caught.  They are playing the same game just with different rules. 

Please if you catch crabs in MD waters fill out the MD VOLUNTEER REC CRAB SURVEY.  If they are going to start making laws on estimates and not real numbers we can atleast say we tried to give them accurate numbers.  Doesn't make me feel good when they are going to start tightening regs when they are pulling numbers out of their [arse].

What hits you was not meant to miss you, and what misses you was not meant to hit you
crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 07:43:01 AM »

having  more licenses doesn't tell you how many crabs are being caught.  Don't be fooled whether they have a license or not they are still going to estimate what they caught instead of know what they caught.  They are playing the same game just with different rules. 

Please if you catch crabs in MD waters fill out the MD VOLUNTEER REC CRAB SURVEY.  If they are going to start making laws on estimates and not real numbers we can atleast say we tried to give them accurate numbers.  Doesn't make me feel good when they are going to start tightening regs when they are pulling numbers out of their [arse].
   YEAH......WHAT HE SAID !!!!!! Grin

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 11:12:30 AM »

Tighten up on the comm......ok

Tighten up the rec...not so good..........

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
long green crabber
In Memoriam 12/2011
Lifetime Member

crabbin` cruiser

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »

boy,if that 65,000 folks caught as many as me and the kids,in my pier crabbin days, shucks, that estimate would be around 10,000 bu. e.g. we left many days w zero, a good day being 6 or 8.  come to think of it, hasn`t changed much. laugh laugh   lgc
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 12:42:37 PM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 04:31:04 PM »

Tighten up on the comm......ok

Tighten up the rec...not so good..........

And why is that?  One thing I have noticed in the past five to six years of crabbing is the EXPLOSION of recreational crabbers.  Think maybe the INTERNET had sometinh to do with it.  We won't even begin to mention the increase in out of state crabbers.  Roll Eyes

Do you really want a guy who taxed the rain in the White House?
Seanile
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

WHEN THE CHICKEN NECK DROPS, THE BS STOPS

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 06:51:42 PM »

And why is that?  One thing I have noticed in the past five to six years of crabbing is the EXPLOSION of recreational crabbers.  Think maybe the INTERNET had sometinh to do with it.  We won't even begin to mention the increase in out of state crabbers.  Roll Eyes

Rec & comm issues aside, there's no doubt that the recs have increased and the internet has played big role. DNR is attempting to get a handle on just how many crabs are taken by recs, a number that has been seriously underestimated in the past, IMO. DNR is to be applauded for at least making an attempt to obtain some realistic numbers which will obviously have a margin of error as many will not take the time to report their catch.

I understand your feelings about the out of state crabbers. We feel the same way about out of state golfers. . .  FORE !    Grin

~ Bruce ~

If a man speaks at sea, where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 07:19:05 PM »

Rec & comm issues aside, there's no doubt that the recs have increased and the internet has played big role. DNR is attempting to get a handle on just how many crabs are taken by recs, a number that has been seriously underestimated in the past, IMO. DNR is to be applauded for at least making an attempt to obtain some realistic numbers which will obviously have a margin of error as many will not take the time to report their catch.

I understand your feelings about the out of state crabbers. We feel the same way about out of state golfers. . .  FORE !    Grin

laugh Shocked hababahahaha!!! Shocked laugh

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
oldsunbear

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 07:55:18 PM »

Yup, getting into that little old $2 tax reminds me of the crabs I put in the pot of water before it gets hot, they are so relieved to be out of my hand and into the water they just hunker down all nice and comfortable after a little noise for show. Once I turn the flame of my turkey fryer on high their a$$es are almost cooked before they even know it.

$2 bucks aint bad
what? 4 bucks this year? that aint bad
oh! six dollars this year? well ok
10 bucks this year? [email protected]! alright
20 dollars this year? holy H*LL! just take it!
35 friggin dollars this year? I can't buy no bait if I pay that much! Mother of God talk to JESUS!
No recreational crabbing this year? SH*T
BOTTOM FEEDER
Lifetime Member

GUNPOWDER PIRATE

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 08:29:33 PM »

Yup, getting into that little old $2 tax reminds me of the crabs I put in the pot of water before it gets hot, they are so relieved to be out of my hand and into the water they just hunker down all nice and comfortable after a little noise for show. Once I turn the flame of my turkey fryer on high their a$$es are almost cooked before they even know it.

$2 bucks aint bad
what? 4 bucks this year? that aint bad
oh! six dollars this year? well ok
10 bucks this year? [email protected]! alright
20 dollars this year? holy H*LL! just take it!
35 friggin dollars this year? I can't buy no bait if I pay that much! Mother of God talk to JESUS!
No recreational crabbing this year? SH*T

yea,...and by then their won't be any left  Roll Eyes

Many good seamen go down the drain....I happen to be a lucky one
jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 08:32:26 PM »

This is why I posted the poll I did to see if people used that survey this year but I guess not there was 250 veiws to the post & only 22 people took the time to even vote & 2 thirds of those did'nt know about the survey.  And it was posted as a sticky at the top of the MD report page since Apr. 4 

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 08:51:17 PM »

This is why I posted the poll I did to see if people used that survey this year but I guess not there was 250 veiws to the post & only 22 people took the time to even vote & 2 thirds of those did'nt know about the survey.  And it was posted as a sticky at the top of the MD report page since Apr. 4 

NOTHING works on a volunteer basis. Give everybody who buys a license a catch report form and specify - if the form isn't completed and returned, when you try to get a license next year you will be rejected for not filing your catch report! Nothing to it, the whole system is already computerized.
And, before somebody chimes in and says they (DNR) don't have enough people to track these things - just miss a commercial catch report form one month and see how long it takes to get a little blue postcard in the mail threatening you with nonrenewal of your license for failing to file. The DNR can track whatever they choose to track without any difficulty whatsoever.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 08:57:26 PM by Mikie » Logged

bluecrab

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 09:01:52 PM »

I thought if someone was homeless they were allowed to hunt anything. Can the homeless not crab for free?

I WILL get my boat out next year!
bluecrab

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 09:12:36 PM »

Please if you catch crabs in MD waters fill out the MD VOLUNTEER REC CRAB SURVEY.  [arse].
[/quote]

Are you speaking of the online survey?
http://dnrweb.dnr.state.md.us/fish/bluecrab/default.asp

http://dnrweb.dnr.state.md.us/fish/bluecrab/register.asp

I don't take it because the site is not secure and they are asking me to pass very personal information in the clear.

I have sent them emails about it.

I wouldn't fill any of that information out online without there servers certificate.
PLUS there are other security measures not taken on that site that I am not at liberty to discuss openly.

I would rather send it through US post at this point.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 09:17:11 PM by bluecrab » Logged

bluecrab

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 09:21:50 PM »

And since we say that internet has done it we could say that most recs are online. Therefore the DNR needs a sound and secure technical infrastructure to count those beans.

Oh and sorry for 3 posts in a row.  I missed one whole section of the thread :/

jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 09:26:50 PM »

All they ask for is your name & an E-mail address and the state you live in

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 11:59:42 PM »

Bruce

All these things were brought up numerous times last year at practically every meeting the DNR had but all the DNR could see was how to cut the comm fisherman trying to support his/her family.  Think back and I'm sure you will remember these same ideas about cutting the rec catch back and limiting the amount of equipment was talked about for weeks and the only change was with banning the rec from keeping females which most rec's "claim" they don't keep any anyways.  Who took the biggest hit this past year?   Huh

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home