August 20, 2018, 12:13:39 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Crab Molt  (Read 2225 times)
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »

I recall arguments about the crab not knowing anything about moon phases and the fact that they molt more and less depending on food supply.

I also have read material which states crabs have been known to put off molting perhaps for reproduction reasons. I think it has to do with the Final Molt of the female.

If that is true, then I see no reason why all crabs could not control their molt to a given point and coincide their natural molt to be within a few days of a lunar cycle.

I also remember it being stated that a female crab could indeed hasten her molt if she was in the presents of an acceptable male.

This would cove both side of the lunar cycle allowing a crab to spped up a molt or slow it down to suit them.

The worms are out, they are crawling and it is crab related....................... Excuse me now while I scratch my implant.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 02:28:42 AM by Dreampixels » Logged

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home