May 22, 2018, 09:36:49 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed regs for 09'  (Read 12365 times)
BowMovements

Movn' on uuuup

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2008, 04:05:48 PM »

Proposed 2009 regs for rec's and commercial crabbing, as well as rockfishing. Here's the link.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...ryproposal.pdf

125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »

It says page cannot be found. Huh

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 04:17:58 PM »

I have the same problem.  Embarassed Huh Huh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 04:20:47 PM »

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/

Click on the two links under Proposed 2009 Blue Crab and Striped Bass Regulations to be Addressed at
 December 4th Scoping Meeting
The first article. Until we get the problam fixed.

Looks like they didn't put any more restrictions on MD Resident Individual's I'm definitely happy. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:35:22 PM by 125blackfire » Logged

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
lreops
Lifetime Member

Before my Hair Implants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »

Help me understand something.  Huh   Huh  If the individual resident license is $5.00 for one bushel, why would I want to pay $15.00 for a resident crab boat license which is for only one individual and the same one bushel? Or is it trying to say that the boat license allows one bushel for the boat and an additional individual license is included so that if there are two people on the boat, two bushels could be kept ?

Also, they have it worded in the way that it appears that you can no longer use 30 traps along with a 1200' trot line, whereas, weren't the old rules saying that you could use 30 traps along with a 1200' trot line?

Ron
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:50:40 PM by lreops » Logged

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun

Seaweed

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »

Thats hows the DNR works... they put out a notice of proposed regulations in size 3 font, do not advertise the meeting, then  before you even hear about anything.... poof!  new regs are in effect that you didn't know anything about. Grin

looks like a lot of licensing changes for recreational crabbers, and possibly a gear change of traps OR trotlines, and not both. Undecided

Git 'r dun!
Seaweed

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 04:43:32 PM »

Help me understand something.  Huh   Huh  If the individual resident license is $5.00 for one bushel, why would I want to pay $15.00 for a resident crab boat license which is for only one individual and the same one bushel?

Also, they have it worded in the way that it appears that you can no longer use 30 traps along with a 1200' trot line, whereas, weren't the old rules saying that you could use 30 traps along with a 1200' trot line?

Ron

Thats why its important to attend these type of meetings, so you hear the news first hand. 

Git 'r dun!
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »

Thats why its important to attend these type of meetings, so you hear the news first hand. 

yeah it looks like they may only let you use one or the other.  To tell you the truth I only run thirty traps and I get my crabs ...I guess you either trap or trot... I like how the out of state boat license went to 30 bucks and an out of state person license went to 10 15.  SO WHY would I buy a linces for th esmae catch an dpay twice as much.  don't get the logic there.

MD / PA Line
marysue1227

I'm not stooopid!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 04:52:49 PM »

yeah it looks like they may only let you use one or the other.  To tell you the truth I only run thirty traps and I get my crabs ...I guess you either trap or trot... I like how the out of state boat license went to 30 bucks and an out of state person license went to 10 15.  SO WHY would I buy a linces for th esmae catch an dpay twice as much.  don't get the logic there.

Are you allowed to crab from a boat w/o the boat lisc? They may make it so that if you are in a boat you must have the boat lisc.

I'd rather be crabbing!!  Wink

Calm seas do not make a skilled sailor!

Don't start none! Won't be none!
lreops
Lifetime Member

Before my Hair Implants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 04:56:34 PM »

Help me understand something.  Huh   Huh  If the individual resident license is $5.00 for one bushel, why would I want to pay $15.00 for a resident crab boat license which is for only one individual and the same one bushel? Or is it trying to say that the boat license allows one bushel for the boat and an additional individual license is included so that if there are two people on the boat, two bushels could be kept ?

Ron

Or is it trying to say that the boat license allows one bushel for the boat and an additional individual license is included so that if there are two people on the boat, two bushels could be kept ?

And if that's the case, again, why would I pay $15.00 for the boat license when two individual licenses at $10.00 would accomplish the same end results ?

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun

Seaweed

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 05:01:24 PM »

Different year, same questions wall wall wall wall laugh laugh laugh

Git 'r dun!
crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »

Different year, same questions wall wall wall wall laugh laugh laugh

HUH< WHAT>>??

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"
lreops
Lifetime Member

Before my Hair Implants

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 06:21:23 PM »

HUH< WHAT>>??

That's what I was wondering. Yes, different year, but how are they the same questions when this is the first year with these changes?  Huh   Huh   Huh

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 06:26:29 PM »

I still think, 1 bushel is too much for 1 person, recreationally. jmo

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
joecrabbr

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 06:59:03 PM »

Help me understand something.  Huh   Huh 

Ron

there isnt gonna be a gear change as of now.... read the second paragraph.... only changes to the recreational fishery is the license structure

I still think, 1 bushel is too much for 1 person, recreationally. jmo

not me!!! for one person to eat yeah... but for a guy to go catch a bushel of crabs an take them home for his family to eat an have a few left over to pick or eat the next day he aint doin anything wrong 

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 07:03:15 PM »

...I understand your feelings, but it is not the State of Maryland, nor is it the peoples' responsibilty to provide crabs for anyone else other than the person crabbing at the expense of a depleted resource. If your family wants to eat some crabs, and 2 dozen is not enough, they should purchase a crabbing license, wake up early and give you a hand crabbing that day. I mean this respectfully and not directed at you, JC, but at all crabbers collectively.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
joecrabbr

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 07:19:08 PM »

...I understand your feelings, but it is not the State of Maryland, nor is it the peoples' responsibilty to provide crabs for anyone else other than the person crabbing at the expense of a depleted resource. If your family wants to eat some crabs, and 2 dozen is not enough, they should purchase a crabbing license, wake up early and give you a hand crabbing that day. I mean this respectfully and not directed at you, JC, but at all crabbers collectively.
i here ya, i could eat the 2 dozen an be happy.... but even i had to buy them all licenses for whatever amount , i would still buy em anyway, any day on the water with my kids an some crabs to boot is worth it for me
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 07:55:20 PM »

Ron

My understanding of a boat lic is........If you are the boat owner and the boat lic is in you name you get a complementary individual crabbing lic also which you can use while not on your boat.

While you are on your boat with any number of unlic people your limit is 1 bushel...........if there is another or more lic persons on the boat then you are at a 2 bushel limit.

You may allow the use of you boat by family or whomever and THEY are now covered  by the boat lic to 1 bushel, they would need another lic on the boat for 2 bushel. However while the boat lic is in use your complementary lic is not to be used.

The only advantage is more then one person can use the board to crab and while under the boat lic be cover for 1 bushel. I would think this lic is for people living along the water sharing a boat more so then anything or any time one shares a boat.

There always needs to be 2 lic on the boat for a 2 bushel limit......

Did that help clear anything up.......?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 07:58:26 PM by Dreampixels » Logged

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

— Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Seanile
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

WHEN THE CHICKEN NECK DROPS, THE BS STOPS

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 08:31:20 PM »

Did that help clear anything up.......?

Not really, because these are PROPOSED reg changes were looking at here. Nothing has changed, we're still in the 2008 season. If changes are made, it won't happen until 2009.

~ Bruce ~

If a man speaks at sea, where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 08:51:01 PM »

Not really, because these are PROPOSED reg changes were looking at here. Nothing has changed, we're still in the 2008 season. If changes are made, it won't happen until 2009.

I have explained how the DNR explained the boat lic to me in 2008. The specifically told me there need to be 2 lic on the boat for 2 bushel and the boat lic counted for 1 only. The complementary lic that comes with the boat lic is null and void while on the boat it is connected to.

The 30 traps and or 1200 ft is open as last year it depended on whom you talked to as to their take on it, even within the DNR.

A buddy of mine got nailed for early start time in 2008 and at that time he asked the crab cop if his granddaughter counted for her 2 doz crabs. In other words since she was aboard and lic, he (gramps) was lic could he legally take a bushel and 2 doz.....that particular officer said he saw the law that way.

I question the crab cops that stopped me one day with that same question and they said they did not see it like that.

All most everytime it is at the cops discretion and how he believes the laws read.........

I fully agree this could change a hundred times be it becomes the law...........

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

— Captain A. G. Lamplugh

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home