May 24, 2018, 06:14:34 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed regs for 09'  (Read 12366 times)
BowMovements

Movn' on uuuup

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 08:53:41 PM »

Not really, because these are PROPOSED reg changes were looking at here. Nothing has changed, we're still in the 2008 season. If changes are made, it won't happen until 2009.

Thank you!!!!!   I didn't mean to get everyone's panties in a bunch.  They are proposals only at this juncture.  I can see the traps or trotline making the cut,  and possible the reg about everyone on the boat must have a crabbing permit.  But lets face it the pleasure boat sticker that you all are refering to isn't just for crabbing its for fishing as well.  So you should probably still get that because it will cover everyone for fishing.
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 08:57:34 PM »

Thank you!!!!!   I didn't mean to get everyone's panties in a bunch.  They are proposals only at this juncture.  I can see the traps or trotline making the cut,  and possible the reg about everyone on the boat must have a crabbing permit.  But lets face it the pleasure boat sticker that you all are refering to isn't just for crabbing its for fishing as well.  So you should probably still get that because it will cover everyone for fishing.

my reference was to the crab boat sticker they had last year and how they told me it work........they = DNR

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
jackass hillbilly

this is to the true rednecks, not the city foke

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 01:05:43 AM »

What I would like to know is according to the chart with a lic. you can use 1200 ft. trotline or 30 traps, so if you have two lic. crabbers can you use 1200 ft. and 30 traps, and still catch 2 bushels of crab. 

country is a way of life, not just an act you play
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 01:08:21 AM »

What I would like to know is according to the chart with a lic. you can use 1200 ft. trotline or 30 traps, so if you have two lic. crabbers can you use 1200 ft. and 30 traps, and still catch 2 bushels of crab. 

Very Interesting!

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
jackass hillbilly

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 01:33:42 AM »

The way it looks it might be traps or trotline, but you could still catch 2 bushels of crab with to lic. crabbers.  One more note I have never got the discount for getting the crabbing and fishing lic. at the same time. I buy the tidal non tidal lic. plus the crab lic. and a trout stamp and still pay 5 bucks for the crab lic. They raised the fishing lic. last year and now there are raising the crab lic. this year it don't make no sense

jackass hillbilly

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 01:34:44 AM »

I meant 2 lic. crabbers

reds

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 07:18:54 AM »

No more crab license on the Sport Fish License.

If you want to crab and use a boat, you must purchase a crab license.

Boat Crab license will cover the boat (anybody operating it) for 1 bushel. The second bushel needs another license on board. Maxed at 2 bushel per boat.

2 pot waterfront owners and handliners will have to get a license, but it will be free. Max possession 3 doz crabs.

Possibly more regs to come, for both commercial and rec, depending on the winter dredge survey.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 08:25:22 AM »

Boat Crab license will cover the boat (anybody operating it) for 1 bushel. The second bushel needs another license on board. Maxed at 2 bushel per boat.

2 pot waterfront owners and handliners will have to get a license, but it will be free. Max possession 3 doz crabs.

Possibly more regs to come, for both commercial and rec, depending on the winter dredge survey.

Thanks Reds.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
BowMovements

Movn' on uuuup

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 09:45:08 AM »

The way it looks it might be traps or trotline, but you could still catch 2 bushels of crab with to lic. crabbers.  One more note I have never got the discount for getting the crabbing and fishing lic. at the same time. I buy the tidal non tidal lic. plus the crab lic. and a trout stamp and still pay 5 bucks for the crab lic. They raised the fishing lic. last year and now there are raising the crab lic. this year it don't make no sense

Theres no discount, just that the pleasure boat sticker allows you or anyone with you to fish while on the boat.  If you just buy the crabbing lic you cant fish with it.  Its only an endorsment.
Potty Mouth
Lifetime Member

Location: Still, somewhere 'tween the steampot and the cooler

Whatever... SSDD

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 11:50:36 AM »

Dang, I just mailed the '09-'10 registration renewal out this morning and figured I'd pay the pleasure boat sticker for my scow, but, I counted on the complimentary crab license... no deal this year? Huh Embarassed Cry
That was a deal breaker Sad

"Not all that can be counted, counts. And not all that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 02:33:23 PM »

$5 for the year is still the cheapest part of the whole deal (gas, bait, supplies, BEER, etc., etc.).
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 02:36:41 PM »

You all know it , and i know it . We will do whatever it takes to catch crabs .  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
ILLSWIMHOME
Lifetime Member

Shake N Bake

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 03:10:27 PM »

"Boat license only covers 1 individual on the boat."

But you only need a license if you want to keep over 2 doz.  So if I have freinds on the boat and I have a boat license am I going to hear [curd] if they don't have a license? 

Sinerio-  My brother like to crab, his soon-to-be-wife doesn't but she might want to come along for the ride.  A cop pulls up and we have almost a bushell but are ok case we have 2 licenses.  Even though she's not pulling traps, I have a feeling he'll bust my chops case she's there.   

A boat license shoud cover anybody on the boat and a 2nd license should be needed for a 2nd bushell.   

Crab on!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »

I agree.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
reds

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »

"Boat license only covers 1 individual on the boat."

The proposal on the crab boat license is the same as it has been. It covers the boat and anyone using it. You need a second license on board for the second bushel.

No change from the present reg.

crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 04:18:35 PM »

GEEZ...you might think it's Dec. with all this bull..... Lips Sealed Wink

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"
jackass hillbilly

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »

Theres no discount, just that the pleasure boat sticker allows you or anyone with you to fish while on the boat.  If you just buy the crabbing lic you cant fish with it.  Its only an endorsement.
  Look on the DNR web page it states that if you get your fishing lic. and your crabbing lic. you get like 2 or 3 bucks off never got it though.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home