December 03, 2020, 02:25:19 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG 10" REWARD CONTEST.  (Read 38072 times)
oldsunbear

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2009, 10:30:57 PM »

Let your "conscience" be your guide, but remember that the "SUPPORTING MEMBERS" make it possible for "Registered Users" to enjoy this site...

cc55

I was letting my conscience be my guide and I fully understand what your saying.

I was really clear in my original proposal for the contest that it be open to "users" & "members"

So is it up to my conscience on whether the contest is open to "users" & "members" alike?

Or those that wish to make it "members" only?
Those that decided to take it in another direction need to speak up.

Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2009, 10:48:59 PM »

I was letting my conscience be my guide and I fully understand what your saying.

I was really clear in my original proposal for the contest that it be open to "users" & "members"

So is it up to my conscience on whether the contest is open to "users" & "members" alike?

Or those that wish to make it "members" only?
Those that decided to take it in another direction need to speak up.

I found this forum 2 yrs ago or so. I was a registered user for about 6 or 8 months. I then decided to become a supporting member. I did so because I know the costs and time it takes to keep something like this going, but mainly because I am supporting something I believe in.

I also joined the CBF because again I  am using the resources I should be willing to support what it will take to replenish them and also keep them thriving.

If anyone has the money to place into a Contest, then Formost they should be willing to support that which makes that possible. I am not pointing to any one individual but all who fall into the criteria. This is personal opinion, but it is the ground on which I stand and call for all who wish to play to pay.

Sorry if anyone toes are sore........

DP

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
lreops
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2009, 10:52:10 PM »

Well, I am am not a "member" and don't intend to be shoved into it.

If those that expressed those views are determined about "membership" being a requirement for the contest and are resolved to that being absolute , I will send my prize offering to tattoo for him to award as he sees fit and withdraw from participation in it.

You guys feel free to make the call.

OSB, please understand that no one that is a member of this forum would or will ever put pressure on another to contribute to the site, or as you put it, be shoved into it. The fact does remain, nonetheless, that it takes contributions from users to keep it running, and those of us that are contributing members take a great deal of pride in this  site and really appreciate it's existence. So, please try to understand that when a statement, such as Jack's ( I guess I am missing something.  Some of ya can post that you will give a reward to see a 10" crab but can't kick in 10 bucks to run the website your using ) is made, there is a certain amount of logic there that makes a lot of sense. What's a couple of bucks to keep what many find a friendly, fact filled, helpful, fun filled place to hang out. All we can do and hope is that you let your conscious be your guide and in any case, enjoy the forum as we all do.

Ron 

Doesn't it figure, I get side tracked and my two finger pecking has put my post 10 minutes behind everyone else. Sorry if I'm redundant.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:55:23 PM by lreops » Logged

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2009, 10:52:51 PM »

It sure is looking that this whole thing is goint to DIE . and it was a really good idea. I really didn't care weather a member tought about it or not . it was what seemed to be somthing nice and exciting. for everyone one the forum.  Undecided Sad

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
lreops
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2009, 11:07:11 PM »

To follow up, I have absolutely no problem with this competition to be with members and non members. That's not the issue or point here. Just the plain and simple statement......I guess I am missing something.  Some of ya can post that you will give a reward to see a 10" crab but can't kick in 10 bucks to run the website your using.........has every right to be brought up. Nothing more, nothing less.  Let the games proceed.

Ron

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun

BILOXI BAY

Go Ahead, Pet The Nice Crab

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2009, 11:33:25 PM »

Annual membership starts at $25, or am I missing something. That figure is 150% more than the ten bucks ya'll are ruining a contest about. I'd love to have 150% more of just about anything except maybe an asswhooping.
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2009, 11:50:34 PM »

Annual membership starts at $25, or am I missing something. That figure is 150% more than the ten bucks ya'll are ruining a contest about. I'd love to have 150% more of just about anything except maybe an asswhooping.

I think you will find that is a suggested figure................try 5 bucks and see what happens? I believe you will still be seen as a contributing member - call me down on it if I am wrong MODS.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2009, 04:30:03 AM »

I agree. think that is only fair.  Wink
Tattoo,   Are you agreeing to a previous Post??   

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2009, 04:33:29 AM »

It sure is looking that this whole thing is goint to DIE . and it was a really good idea. I really didn't care weather a member tought about it or not . it was what seemed to be somthing nice and exciting. for everyone one the forum.  Undecided Sad
Tatto,   Did you change your mind??......

2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2009, 07:14:45 AM »

No not yet.  Wink

Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2009, 07:29:09 AM »

I think you will find that is a suggested figure................try 5 bucks and see what happens? I believe you will still be seen as a contributing member - call me down on it if I am wrong MODS.

Minimum is $25.00, nothing less will work, it used to be whatever you could contribute, but their were too many $1.00/$5.00 donations given just to see the supporting section, and at that time the subscription never ran out.  Since it is a post about the biggest mumbo, shouldn't it be in the MUMBO LOUNGE! Cool Grin Grin

Now the search begins...
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2009, 08:11:08 AM »

It used to be that any amount would make you a "Supporting Member".  1 cent would get you into the inner areas. Some folks donated a penny to get in and start trouble, get band and come back for a penny.. Just a few months ago Steve raised the minimum to $25.00 to close that loop hole.  He then said he was "toying" with dropping it back to $10.00... I thought he had done that. Sorry about that..  Cool

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
oldsunbear

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2009, 12:03:52 PM »

Well, 
"the powers" need to determine whether they are taking responsibility for this contest and how and to whom it is available to .
Or if it is going go on as I presented it.

If it is to go on as I presented I am requesting for the sake of continuity that this thread stay ON TOPIC,That being catching the biggest blue crab lets refrain from post concerning other BCA issues or personal issues.

IF the "members" that have spoken up wanting to bar "users" from the contest . Then those same "members, need to step up establish who will take responsibility for promoting the contest and work with tattoo regarding the plaque.

Otherwise I will keep going with my original proposal maintain responsibility for promoting it (and be default the BCA) , I will do what I can to make it fun and keep it a friendly (though perhaps spirited)  competition.

I am reiterating the Contest goal & guidelines below as after 5 pages some may have missed it.

This is NOT an official or sanctioned BLUECRAB.INFO event.

Its meant to be a good natured contest, lets keep any ribbing friendly.

So here is the Contest

Duration-          01/01/2009 thru 12/31/2009

Objective-        Catch the biggest Blue Crab measured 10" and over (point to point)

Verification-     1. At least one Pic must be submitted to this thread showing the Crab in it's "live" state,
                         preferably with the body of water it is caught on in the background.
                         Pic should include crab with ruler showing point to point measurement as first point of validation.
                         Cooked crabs will not be considered valid for the purposes of this contest.
                         Bought crabs will not be considered valid for the purposes of this contest.

2. Whole crab or unbroken carapace sent to forum member "tattoo" along with $10 for his time & effort.
                          He will verify size and entry with a post to this thread.
                         Should contestant want entry returned, they will need to make arrangements with him and pay postage to him

Who is eligible?- Any BlueCrab.info forum "member" or "user".
               There will also be no distinction between Comm & Rec Crabbers for this contest.

The idea here is to catch the biggest blue crab. PERIOD!

Prize-          A trophy/plaque is being considered, that would be awarded to winners in succession from year to year.
                 Monetary prizes have been offered by the following forum "members" & "users".
                 Payment of prize money is strictly on the honor system and the following will be responsible for their own commitment.

OSB-                    $25
                tugcapt                $05
                madcrabber1113     $05                 
.               lreops                   $10
                BILOXI BAY            $10
                jrccrab                  $10

This list will be updated if anymore prize money is offered.

A request is being made that contestants entering the contest consider donating their 10"er to be mounted on the trophy plaque.
               This would be a donation and would not be returned to the contestant , but would remain a part of the ongoing trophy.
               Should a 10" crab be donated for this purpose, expenses for mounting has been offered by forum participants.
               This is probably a long shot of a request, but it would make a great trophy

Should this 1st contest be considered a favorable experience by the forum participants in general, it will be renewed for the year of 2010.
              With the trophy being passed from the previous years winner to the next years winner.
              Financial prizes will be based on any participants willingness to offer one for that year.

**** NOTE!! while this is not an official or sanctioned Bluecrab.info event, the moderators have determined that cheaters will treated in the same manner as those who post false reports! ****

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:09:48 AM by oldsunbear » Logged
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2009, 12:12:58 PM »

sounds good.

lreops
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2009, 12:30:49 PM »

Glad to be back on track

Ron

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun

jdroat

8.5" Mumbo thanks to KC and JH

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2009, 02:18:17 PM »

How about it be open to ALL and if a "user" wins it he must become a member before he collects the winnings. After all if he or she wins the money, they will be able to give some back to the running of the site.
BowMovements

Movn' on uuuup

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2009, 04:19:24 PM »

OSB And Tat, let me know when the dang thing starts.  If it ever does.   Cheese and Rice!!!
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2009, 04:29:44 PM »

Hope to start this year.  Wink

BILOXI BAY

Go Ahead, Pet The Nice Crab

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »

Just a suggestion, In most fishing tournaments all participants are required to post an entry fee to compete. If we only have 5 people willing to kick in the reward for hundreds to participate, that is not even close to a decent ratio. Tat is more than gracious with his time and expertise and it would be good to see a show of participation from members who favor the friendly contest. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get burned down here, It's fine if not many people wish to contribute but I think the pot could be sweetened and the longer the awards giver list grows will reflect how many people are in favor of it. So everybody in favor of the contest, weigh in and be counted.           Again, Just a suggestion Smiley
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2009, 08:56:53 PM »

Just a suggestion, In most fishing tournaments all participants are required to post an entry fee to compete. If we only have 5 people willing to kick in the reward for hundreds to participate, that is not even close to a decent ratio. Tat is more than gracious with his time and expertise and it would be good to see a show of participation from members who favor the friendly contest. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get burned down here, It's fine if not many people wish to contribute but I think the pot could be sweetened and the longer the awards giver list grows will reflect how many people are in favor of it. So everybody in favor of the contest, weigh in and be counted.           Again, Just a suggestion Smiley
B_B, I like your reasoning on this....     I like how you used,  "Show of participation from members who favor the friendly contest"...    May I suggest a registration fee of $30 for nonmembers (which includes a free membership) and $5 for members...     Smiley Smiley Smiley

2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home