November 25, 2020, 12:05:44 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG 10" REWARD CONTEST.  (Read 38030 times)
oldsunbear

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:09:47 PM »

Response to my original proposal (below in blue Italics) has been generally favorable.

I am requesting for the sake of continuity that this thread stay ON TOPIC, lets refrain from post concerning other BCA issues or personal issues.

This is NOT an official or sanctioned BLUECRAB.INFO event.

Its meant to be a good natured contest, lets keep any ribbing friendly.

So here is the Contest

Duration-          01/01/2009 thru 12/31/2009

Objective-        Catch the biggest Blue Crab measured 10" and over (point to point)

Verification-     1. At least one Pic must be submitted to this thread showing the Crab in it's "live" state,
                         preferably with the body of water it is caught on in the background.
                         Pic should include crab with ruler showing point to point measurement as first point of validation.
                         Cooked crabs will not be considered valid for the purposes of this contest.
                         Bought crabs will not be considered valid for the purposes of this contest.

2. Whole crab or unbroken carapace sent to forum member "tattoo" along with $10 for his time & effort.
                          He will verify size and entry with a post to this thread.
                         Should contestant want entry returned, they will need to make arrangements with him and pay postage to him

Who is eligible?- Any BlueCrab.info forum "member" or "user".
               There will also be no distinction between Comm & Rec Crabbers for this contest.

The idea here is to catch the biggest blue crab. PERIOD!

Prize-          A trophy/plaque is being considered, that would be awarded to winners in succession from year to year.
                 Monetary prizes have been offered by the following forum "members" & "users".
                 Payment of prize money is strictly on the honor system and the following will be responsible for their own commitment.

OSB-                    $25
                tugcapt                $05
                madcrabber1113     $05                 
.               lreops                   $10
                BILOXI BAY            $10
                jrccrab                  $10

This list will be updated if anymore prize money is offered.

A request is being made that contestants entering the contest consider donating their 10"er to be mounted on the trophy plaque.
               This would be a donation and would not be returned to the contestant , but would remain a part of the ongoing trophy.
               Should a 10" crab be donated for this purpose, expenses for mounting has been offered by forum participants.
               This is probably a long shot of a request, but it would make a great trophy

Should this 1st contest be considered a favorable experience by the forum participants in general, it will be renewed for the year of 2010.
              With the trophy being passed from the previous years winner to the next years winner.
              Financial prizes will be based on any participants willingness to offer one for that year.

**** NOTE!! while this is not an official or sanctioned Bluecrab.info event, the moderators have determined that cheaters will treated in the same manner as those who post false reports! ****

Since the claim of catching a 10" bluecrab is such an obvious sore spot for some of the forum "members" (Northeasterners seem especially irritated by the claim) as opposed to the "users", I, as a particularly tick like & pot stirring "user" would like to know if the afore mentioned "members" are willing to individually and/or collectively offer a monetary reward for the 1st documented (point to point)10 inch blue crab carapace?
I suppose most "members" would be inclined to trust forum member tattoo (should he be willing to measure said carapace if sent to him) to confirm measurements should someone feel they have the big 10 incher.
Not that I have caught one that big, but I have caught some 9 +1/8, +1/4, +3/8's, so I will not be surprised if I catch a big 10 incher in the future. Excited if I caught one? HA-ELL yes. Surprised, no. So what are you septics, whoops I mean skeptics, willing to put up should some lowly person , say like a gulf coaster, produce one?

I, as a possible recipient, (being in the Gulf and knowing that the NorthEasterners have virtually no possibility of ever catching a crab approaching that size)  of said reward, should any be proffered , will donate 50% of any proceeds I actually collect to this forum. The other 50% would go to the purchase of beer to drink with any forum "user" or "member" close enough to imbibe with me in celebration.

Yours most parasitically and spurtle-like,

OSB  Grin
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:19:28 AM by oldsunbear » Logged
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »

I would love to see and do a 10 inch crab mount.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
BowMovements

Movn' on uuuup

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »

Looks Great! 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 05:44:14 PM by BowMovements » Logged
BILOXI BAY

Go Ahead, Pet The Nice Crab

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:04:32 PM »

I second the motion put forth by OSB, even though I am only a "user" and a lowly gulf coaster I would appreciate the opportunity if the esteemed members would allow a friendly competition among the great people who are registered here.  A big 10 would be great, but rare indeed, if one isn't entered could prize be awarded to largest crab presented for the year. This could turn out to be a new years tradition. Something to consider anyway, great concept OSB. 2thumbsup
oldsunbear

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »

I am all for those putting their money where their nutritional intake orifice and feces expulsion orifice are stipulating conditions for a "prize"

But as vociferous and antagonistic as they are towards the idea that ANYONE has ever caught a 10incher, I would be surprised if there are too many stipulations.

As I said in my original post, I would trust tattoo to verify the size of a submission.

What I am proposing, is this. If you catch a 10" bluecrab measured point to point, and desire to claim any offered prize.

First- notify this forum with a post and pics reflecting the claim of 10" with a ruler.

Second- send the whole crab or carapace to tattoo in the manner in which he stipulates. Assuming claimant desires crab mounting or preservation of crab in question, they would be responsible for any payment for those services tattoo requires. Should they not desire those services, they would be responsible for a $10 handling expense to tattoo for going through the effort to verify their claim as well as any return postage should they want the crab returned.

Third- should tattoo verify that claimant has indeed submitted a winner by his own pics reflecting 10" with a ruler then it would be up to those offering to put their money where their nutritional intake orifice and feces expulsion orifice are to compensate the claimant and show that they are orifices true to their word.

Anyone offering to put up money feel free to chime in.

Further more I am offering $25 to the 1st verified winner.
Next?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:30:08 PM by oldsunbear » Logged

madcrabber1113

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?action=dl

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:28:39 PM »

How would the money be collected?I can imagine the controversy.  Roll Eyes
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »

How about i do a mounting of the MUMBO for half price.  Wink

BowMovements

Movn' on uuuup

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »

Well looks like our chat lead to some well thought out guidelines.  Good job OSB
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 05:46:22 PM by BowMovements » Logged
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 09:36:37 PM »

No that only goes for the biggest ONE. as far a stink . If done the right way i always get them still cold. when the arive at my door.  Wink

BOTTOM FEEDER
Lifetime Member

GUNPOWDER PIRATE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »

Send me the crab,and Ill send ya 100 bucks then i'll send it to tatoo.......... Is it still half price for 10+ laugh

Many good seamen go down the drain....I happen to be a lucky one

oldsunbear

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 09:39:48 PM »

How would the money be collected?I can imagine the controversy.  Roll Eyes

It would be up to those putting up money to send it to the verified winner.
If they are people of thier word they will send it, if not then they are showing themselves to be no different than those they accuse of "violating the rules of the forum".

I am fine trusting folks to be true to their own words. Rest assured if I won, I would hold those who said they would pay and didn't, up to perpetual ridicule. That is the only place contoversy would come from me.   Grin
oldsunbear

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 09:49:01 PM »

Send me the crab,and Ill send ya 100 bucks then i'll send it to tatoo.......... Is it still half price for 10+ laugh

Nah, that's not my proposal.
If I caught one that big I would want it mounted for my enjoyment, my suggestion of a reward by the "unbelievers" is simply to give them a chance to "put up" as they have implied they would in previous posts.

I also understand that there are some out there that would not care about having that sucker mounted, they would want to eat that phucking crab, hence my suggestion that just the carapace would suffice.
BowMovements

Movn' on uuuup

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »

Just wanted to introduce the idea of a revolving trophy.  Have it every year and the previous winner would ship it to the next and so on.  create a journal for its journey, and keep the pics of the year by year winner with it.  what do ya think?  maybe the prize doesn't have to be monitary but more of a pride in trophy.  we could chip in for the first years trophy crab and have tat stuff the revolving trophy.  Once again just an idea.
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 10:07:47 PM »

sounds good to me. could even get a big enough plack to have the yearley winners name engraved on it .  Wink

BowMovements

Movn' on uuuup

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 10:11:56 PM »

lets get some more feedback Tat.  and we'll go from there. 

tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 10:13:19 PM »

sounds good.  thumbsup

oldsunbear

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 10:17:26 PM »

And I am not averse to a revolving trophy or recognition for the "biggest of the year", but the participation in "Citations & Records" forum seems to reflect a lack of interest in anything less than the unbelievable.

Plus I don't want to waste tattoos time with anything less than the biggest of the mumbos.

If anyone is interested in a yearly trophy, perhaps a Biggest over 9+3/4?

Otherwise I am sticking with my original proposal and offer.
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 10:20:36 PM »

I think it must be 10 or bigger.  Wink only my opininion.

BowMovements

Movn' on uuuup

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »

Simply the first 10 or + incher every year.  The first to be authenticated gets the trophy.  And all of the duties and responsibilities that come with such an honor  LOL Grin
BILOXI BAY

Go Ahead, Pet The Nice Crab

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 10:30:11 PM »

Yeah, but so far, nobody has been able to seal the deal on hard evidence of a crab that big. I'm optimistic, but you could wait years to engrave that first name. The idea has merit, and Tatoo is more than generous if he decides to be the record keeper. I hope it can be brought to fruition. I'm going to try hard to catch him regardless, and I would certainly imbibe in celebratory spirits with anyone who did.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home