August 14, 2020, 12:22:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I take it it's to early to start crabbing  (Read 2388 times)
paynemissey

« on: February 10, 2009, 01:15:07 AM »

well its been awhile since i have been crabbing and I use to in Cali. My son and I would like to go but I would like to get some feed back Like when is the best time to go and where we are in virgina beach and new to the area. I got the net already today just to have it oh i know this is off the subject where can you fish at also and can you fish and crab in the same spot or are there only crabbing spots and fishing spots seperately? Oh and what's the best rope to use how much do you all think i will need? please give me all the best tips you can i would apprecatie it
[email protected]
 Smiley
thnx
Seanile
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

WHEN THE CHICKEN NECK DROPS, THE BS STOPS

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:29:41 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

You've posted a bunch of questions in a resources thread, which might yield info on where and when to crab, but you'll get more info quicker if you use the search feature at the top of each page =OR= check out the hard crabbing know-how thread. Crabbing won't get in gear until the water warms up in a month or two, so you've got plenty of time to research.  Good luck.

~ Bruce ~

If a man speaks at sea, where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:04:50 AM »

Welcome....

We have a few members in the Virginia Beach area.  I am sure they will be able to help ya.  VA Beach is right smack dab in the middle of some of the greatest fishing on earth.  So, yes you will be able to fish and crab at the same time.  Like Bruce said above, look around the forum most of your questions have been asked many times but don't let that stop you from asking again.  A good place to get started is here -> http://www.bluecrab.info/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:06:34 AM by jack1747 » Logged

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »

Welcome aboard . hope you find some good spots . and have a GREAT year . HAPPY CRABBING.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »

well its been awhile since i have been crabbing and I use to in Cali. My son and I would like to go but I would like to get some feed back Like when is the best time to go and where we are in virgina beach and new to the area. I got the net already today just to have it oh i know this is off the subject where can you fish at also and can you fish and crab in the same spot or are there only crabbing spots and fishing spots seperately? Oh and what's the best rope to use how much do you all think i will need? please give me all the best tips you can i would apprecatie it
[email protected]
 Smiley
thnx

Just go follow Jack's boat and you''ll catch something.. welcome aboard.. lot's of good info on herre and helpful folks... Grin

MD / PA Line

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home