September 23, 2018, 08:00:35 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 rec. crab regs. for md.  (Read 29528 times)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »

I can count on one hand the number of commercially licensed people I know that make 100% of their living from the water.  [Sam Hill], maybe on 2 fingers. Roll Eyes  Sounds like some folks on here are against that... one of which is Pixydust, so that's no suprise. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Huh What?  Huh

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
Seaweed
Supporting Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »

Huh What?  Huh

You know, Mr Acid Trip... Dreampixels. Roll Eyes

Git 'r dun!
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2009, 10:07:47 PM »

You know, Mr Acid Trip... Dreampixels. Roll Eyes

Get it right, it is StarDust.........you and me, both nothing more then StarDust....

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

— Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2009, 10:11:21 PM »

I can count on one hand the number of commercially licensed people I know that make 100% of their living from the water.  [Sam Hill], maybe on 2 fingers. Roll Eyes  Sounds like some folks on here are against that... one of which is Pixydust, so that's no suprise. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Now that you cleared the mud, no I am not against anyone, however I think when salt is being tossed all is fair game, I do not look for fights, but I do not run either.

Opinions are much like arses, we all have them and they all stink, especially if they ain't yours

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

— Captain A. G. Lamplugh
dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2009, 10:29:59 PM »

Chris,

You still didn't  answer  the question about how many crabs can an unlicensed crabber can take.

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2009, 10:36:38 PM »

Chris,

You still didn't  answer  the question about how many crabs can an unlicensed crabber can take.

...if it were up to me....0!

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
jefftoleft
In Memoriam 02/2017
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2009, 01:47:34 AM »

...if it were up to me....0!
  Then I guess you also think people that hold LLC that don't crab at least 5 days a week should not be able to keep that LLC right? Wink

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2009, 01:52:41 AM »

Then I guess you also think people that hold LLC that don't crab at least 5 days a week should not be able to keep that LLC right? Wink

Jeff where u at with this, I am lost here?

— Captain A. G. Lamplugh
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2009, 07:33:45 AM »

Yeah, me too!

Whether you crab with the LCC or not, your still paying the state a 50.00 dollar fee to have the license. In this day, with the budget woes our DNR is currently under, no one should get a free ride.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
DOMNIKDYL
Lifetime Member

Tag! your it!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2009, 08:30:08 AM »

...Recreational crabbers and fisherman never break the law?!?!?! Roll Eyes lol

Any lack of enforcement is an NRP issue....but it doesnt give anyone the right to poach......and it is poaching!

go back and read what I wrote, "since you never hear"  noone said they don't break the law, you just don't hear about it.

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2009, 08:35:18 AM »

there are rec. guys in my area that crab 6 days a week, and catch their limit everyday, and illegally sell their crabs to supplement their income.   My guess is that many more will be doing it this season because of the economy.  under the table money.

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2009, 08:44:54 AM »

When you think about it, reporting rec catches looks good on paper.  Of about 50,000 recs, there are about 1000 max people on here that would do it.  In no way are you going to be able (a) enforce the record keeping (b) get ACCRURATE numbers because we all know some people can't follow directions or don't care and (c) people are gonna say, who cares, I don't need to fill out a report, [Sam Hill] whats one report out of 50,000?

Also, of about 50,000 recs I am willing to bet 10-25,000 keep over the limit, so they report 1 bushel, when they really have 2 or 3.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »

there are rec. guys in my area that crab 6 days a week, and catch their limit everyday, and illegally sell their crabs to supplement their income.   My guess is that many more will be doing it this season because of the economy.  under the table money.

Call their [arse] in Rich, it needs to end.  Or call in the people buyin the crabs.

Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2009, 10:22:47 AM »

Read DNRs press release.  It looks like they are heading in that direction Sept 1, 2009.  Looks like they want to restrict those who do not use them at their FULL POTENTIAL.

Do you really want a guy who taxed the rain in the White House?
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2009, 03:43:19 PM »

Im not going to turn this into a pi ssing match with you D. I'm just giving an idea which you have yet to come up with. No one said it was right or even a good one, but....if you dont lke it, you can always come to my house and address it with me.

in·teg·ri·ty   

DOMNIKDYL
Lifetime Member

Tag! your it!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2009, 03:56:27 PM »

Sure seems like you want to... send on the address

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2009, 04:09:53 PM »

I hope we are not going in the wrong direction with this thread....

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2009, 04:14:32 PM »

D,
You got mail!

in·teg·ri·ty   
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »

slayer, that would be me, i have an lcc and crab hard weekends and holidays, i think the restrictions they may be considering could be quotas. i'm against individual quotas based on reported catch because i've only been in the biz 10 years and my catch has gone down considerably over that time due to the bays condition. this method would also hurt my potencial when i retire from my fulltime job and want to crab more.
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2009, 01:38:29 PM »

recs need tighter restrictions.  if you could go without gettin caught, it would be smart to sell 2 bushels a day or however much they are allowed.  no lic payment, no reporting, no hassels.  [Sam Hill] I wouldn't care if I had to start a 1/2 hr or hr later...I could get away with starting earlier then a comm. anyway...and whats the fine?  a slap on the wrist?  so restrict commercials, yeah, that makes sense....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home