July 04, 2022, 09:31:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cumberland Island Crabing  (Read 3184 times)
Decatur Crab

« on: March 24, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »

Newbie to this forum here.

I'll be camping at Cumberland Island for a few days and would like to do some crabbing. I found some local St Mary bait/tackle places to buy my stuff but I have a few questions:

1. Are there other regulations at the Cumberland Island National Seashore in addition to GA DNR regs?
2. Other than string, weight, chicken necks, net/trap, tongs, and old bay seasoning, what are the essentials that I need?
3. Are you allowed to crab off of the Sea Camp dock or Dungeness docks?
4. Are there certain times of day/tides that are more/less productive?

Thank you in advance for your help. We camp here annually but want to have a nice crab boil one night. Adults and kids are very eager to try our hand at crabbing.

mcheath

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 02:26:28 PM »

Decatur Crab,

Its been awhile since I have been to Cumberland but IIRC Georgia state laws apply to fishing/crabbing.  I am not sure but I think they do allow you to crab off docks but don't take my word for it.  Also make sure to bring a cooler that you don't mind getting dirty to put crabs in.  I usually find that low tide is the best but I have never crabbed on Cumberland. 

Anyway good luck and I hope to crab there soon myself as I am moving to St Simons April 1st.

Matt

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home