April 10, 2021, 07:48:09 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMRC Delays New Crab Regulations until May 2009  (Read 3092 times)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« on: April 14, 2009, 11:16:35 AM »

NEWPORT NEWS, VA. – The Virginia Marine Resources Commission has decided to postpone
action on proposed 2009 crab regulations until May.
A series of commercial crab regulations scheduled for a public hearing on April 28 will be
delayed for a month as fishery managers prepare additional regulatory options for consideration
by the nine-member Commission.

Read it all -> http://www.mrc.state.va.us/news_releases/nr_VMRC-Crab-Regs-Delayed_04-13-09.pdf

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:20:04 AM »

At that time, the Commission will consider whether to:
• Close the winter crab dredge season and again prohibit a practice in which commercial
crabbers dig up hibernating, pregnant female crabs, from December to March.
• Relax a currently required 30 percent reduction in crab pots per license (based on 2007
license limits) to a less stringent 15-20 percent reduction.
• Enact daily bushel limits at different times of the season or to adjust season closing dates.
• Hold a commercial crabber responsible if his authorized agent who works those crab pots
is convicted of repeated crab conservation violations in a 12-month period. The proposal
calls for a Commission license revocation hearing for the license holder and for the agent
to be barred from serving as an agent for a year.
• Reinstate a five-pot recreational crab license that was suspended last year as part of the
agency’s crab population rebuilding program
thumbsup

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Crabslayer
Supporting Member

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »

Something is telling me that they aren't going to be honest with the results of the WDS.  They'll probably gloss over it saying that while the WDS has shown some marked improvement there is still work to be done.  I believe the results will actually show a larger number then what will be published.  Why else would they consider reinstating the 5 pot license?!  Roll Eyes

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home