April 16, 2021, 07:04:37 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maryland or Virginia???????  (Read 2473 times)
crabinfever

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2009, 07:30:11 AM »

I just moved to Maryland and will be crabbing the Potomac around the Wicomico , Cobb Island, etc...  I am not sure which regs should I be following and what DNR reps patrol  these waters, Maryland or Virginia.  I have a Maryland 2009 Spotfishing liscense which was good for crabbing and fishing last year, but I was on the Patuxent all last year.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also, I have put 2 pots in off the pier , but no luck yet.  Not sure how many I can put in , but feel safe with 2.  I have been reading I might be able to use more but not sure.  I am surrounded by commercial crabbers and recs ,  so hopefully I will be able to give some accurate reports , once I get settled  in.  The comms around me have been going out every 3 days and have only been bringing in 3 or 4 bushels (200-400 pots)so far but the water is still to cold.  Mid May we should be off to the races Huh Huh Huh
Tom Powers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 04:05:45 PM »

If you are actually in the Potomac River then you don't have to worry about VA regulations or MD regulations.  You have to worry about . . . .   

POTOMAC RIVER FISHERIES COMMISSION regulations. 

Some background on boundaries, etc.

http://www.prfc.state.va.us/sports/fishing_potomac.htm

and for recreational crabbing regulations.

http://www.prfc.state.va.us/sports/Sport%20Crabbing%20Limits%202008%20-2.pdf

As far as I know possession at a port depends on where you said you were crabbing/fishing.  However, if you are crabbing/fishing you better be paying attention to the possession regulations for that area.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home