December 01, 2021, 04:29:50 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rainbow Trout for crab bait?  (Read 14588 times)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 07:22:41 AM »

Ask'em if you can use hamhocks.  I had some old ones and I put them in a pot yesterday..  Grin  Crab pot that is....  laugh

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 07:52:33 AM »

Ask'em if you can use hamhocks.  I had some old ones and I put them in a pot yesterday..  Grin  Crab pot that is....  laugh
Jack,   Hamhocks can add flavor to a pot of crab soup..... Smiley Smiley

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 08:14:50 AM »

Yup.  That's what we had'em for..  Cool

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
Eddie2009

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 09:10:10 AM »

They said NO! And for you to turn yourself in for the crime. laugh People still eat hamhocks?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 09:27:28 AM by Eddie2009 » Logged
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 09:12:37 AM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Dreampixels
In Memoriam 10/2015
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 09:14:34 AM »

While crabbing I have been checked for License, number of traps, number of crabs, starting time, boat resistration, life jacks and required safety equipment, but never was I even asked the type of bait I was using.

I am not saying they would never check, but it did not seem to be the top question of the day ever.

I wish to die like my father did, in his "sleep" - unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

Captain A. G. Lamplugh
Norm3v

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 12:59:31 AM »

My father and I tried the same thing as a kid since we had some extra freezer burned trout. Let me tell you, it's the worst bait you could use! I think we put one in one of the baskets and it lasted maybe an hour, and it was put in the basket frozen! Good thing we had our usual sunfish or we would have to hit up some bunker or chicken.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home