June 19, 2021, 05:54:02 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South river Momorial day!  (Read 7370 times)
125blackfire

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »

Going out to my Grandpas house tomorrow in Edgewater on the South River for Memorial day. Bringing my Friend Garry to go crabbing and fishing with on my boat. Bringing my boat trailer there to bring it home so I can crab in Stony Creek. Don't Expect to catch any crabs as I am getting there around noon and leaving around 8PM. I'm using my 4 topless crab traps and my Friend Garry is bringing 1 triangle trap, 3 ring traps, and a box trap. I might talk to some of the local crabbers to see if there are even any crabs yet. Sadly I lost my phone or someone stole it and I wont have a way to get pictures. Angry

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 10:13:26 PM »

Good luck , be safe and have fun.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
125blackfire

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 10:41:30 PM »

It was a back breaking day. My Friend Garry thought he would have it easy and it being a relaxing day on the water, he thought wrong. We started off by getting everything ready at 11AM fixing the trailer and making it run properly, then brought my kayak over to the car put it on the trailer, fit real snug. Finally we left checking the hub caps for intense heat. We got there at 1PM unloaded the car brought the boat, and kayak down to his backyard got the boat together and got the kayak together. Baited the traps. Looked at the sky, it was going to rain some. Waited until 3PM for my grandpa, my dad, and my grandpa's Friend Pat to get back with gas. Motor wouldn't start, had Pat look at it, he got it working real quick like 30 seconds. Went out laid 4/10 traps then it started drizzling, picked them back up and headed in. Garry and I went to my fishing hole east of my grandpas house. On our way it was pouring down raining. Docked the boat. Ate, then swam. My cousin Jacob (age 7) was on my kayak, kayaking in the swim area (they hadn't put up the jellyfish net up yet, there was also rods on it so it would get caught on the wire, but he never did) he did surprisingly well I was astounded. I messed with Jacob on the kayak. Put traps out on the Pier, waited a half an hour then checked them. Nothing. Put traps on my boat and went out east of the duck blind in front of my grandpas house. Started raining some more so we came in. Took my kayak to the swim platform so my uncle Darell, Jacob, and Garry could fish off of it. I used the kayak to transport bait, tackle, rods. They casted out past the swim area. No fish. Checked my traps and I caught 1 crab 6.5in, male too. Motor stalled out and I couldn't start it back up. Had to paddle in which took 30 minutes. Had to get all 10 traps by kayak was not fun. Told grandpa, he didn't know what to do. I thought I would have to take it to a mechanic. Started taking everything in (which is ALOT), put motor up, reserve tank up, and safety back. While I was packing up some more Pat and grandpa was looking at the motor. Then I had to bring all of that stuff to my boat again. Pat fixed it. He also took me out and showed me how to go faster and slower by raising the angle of the prop, which is new to me. Then I took Garry out, saw a blue fish (good size too) cut in half in the water. Came back in packed the rest of everything up. Put Jon boat and the kayak on the boat trailer. Left the boat trailer there because the lights are not working right now. My grandpa and Pat were working on the boat trailer all day to get the lights to work, and to fix something with the bearing on the wheels. I was, and am very greatfull for the doing that. Then came back home with no trailer but soon I will get the boat down to my house. I crabbed during the middle of the day when the sun was high in the sky and caught a crab. They should be on the south river. I only pulled a total of 14 traps which is the reason why we only pulled up one crab which we released. They are there tho. Horrible day, but still fun to be there. Drizzled the whole time.

Lead Petty Officer, of the number one United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps Division In the country Annapolis Division.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Temple
mrscharms
Lifetime Member

I REALLY LOVE crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »

But you know what?  You went out with your grandpa....and that is the main thing.  You had a lot of mishaps today!  It's enough to drive you crazy...but you and your family will talk about that trip in the future..and hopefully there will be plenty more. 

Your posts are becoming more beautiful by the day! 

Make sure you take grandpa out on Father's Day.  You will never, ever, regret it.

Janice
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 05:01:23 AM »

WHEW,  I'm exhausted just reading about it.   sounds like you had fun, though laugh

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee

talltail
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 07:18:07 AM »

I need a nap after that story. But any day on the water with your family is good.

Never confuse intelligence with common sense.

The toes you step on today may be attached to the foot in your arse tomorrow.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 07:32:38 AM »

I need a nap after that story. But any day on the water with your family is good.
thumbsup

Crab A Lot

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 07:45:11 AM »

BF,

Sounds like you had a working day crabbing,you had the whole family involved and that is good to see Grin Grin

You'll have better luck next time out,a couple more weeks and you'll be catching crabs by the bushels laugh laugh laugh

Chesapeake Bay Crabs are the best!!!!!!!!
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 08:18:09 AM »

I need a nap too, and I just got to work. Just look at it as your shakedown cruise. The rest of the season will be a breeze. Way to go BF. We'll be looking for your reports this summer of all the things you're catching. Wink

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 09:30:31 AM »

I need a nap too, and I just got to work. Just look at it as your shakedown cruise. The rest of the season will be a breeze. Way to go BF. We'll be looking for your reports this summer of all the things you're catching. Wink
I fell asleep have way thru it.....  sleeping

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 09:38:59 AM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Dave H

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »

I'll bet the spellchecker needs a nap too after that post.   Wink Wink Wink
shinyhook

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 09:44:58 AM »

I'll bet the spellchecker needs a nap too after that post.   Wink Wink Wink

The spell checker is dead, he killed it a long time ago. Cheesy
Dave H

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »

My cousin Jacob (age 7) was on my kayak, kayaking in the swim area (they hadn't put up the jellyfish net up yet, there was also rods on it so it would get caught on the wire, but he never did) he did surprisingly well I was astounded. I messed with Jacob on the kayak. A rogue wave hit the kayak and Jacob took a bath.  The boat got swamped with the battery and depth finder.  Had to eat soggy peanut butter sandwiches back at the dock.

Sorry I couldn't resist. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 12:47:03 PM »

Man I am dizzy affter that report......  course it could be all RX I am on for my wonderful allergies, headcold and sinusitis....... feel like [curd] in bed sleeping most of the weekend.. didn't even have a beer on memorial day while grilling.. so you know something was wrong with me.....  BF, glad you got and did some stuff on the water....
next time please include some funny pics !!   Grin

MD / PA Line

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 12:51:40 PM »

Man I am dizzy affter that report......  course it could be all RX I am on for my wonderful allergies, headcold and sinusitis....... feel like [curd] in bed sleeping most of the weekend.. didn't even have a beer on memorial day while grilling.. so you know something was wrong with me.....  BF, glad you got and did some stuff on the water....
next time please include some funny pics !!   Grin

Knew WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before this about you............... laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 01:18:12 PM »

Get well Dog sick sick sick sick party3 party3 party3 party3

Git 'r dun!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home