January 25, 2022, 01:02:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lake muttamuskeet  (Read 1684 times)
long green crabber
In Memoriam 12/2011
Lifetime Member

crabbin` cruiser

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:52:04 AM »

hesding down in couple wks,what`s the scoop,just drive arounh until you find a likely spot? i remember a while back,several members met for a shing ding there and i was asking [please please please] for some feedback. thanks to all and best of luck. stay safe  paul
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 05:08:43 PM »

The guys crabbed off the locks, but the kids caught more (but throw backs) in the ditch in front of the motel..   laugh Check out the pics in the photo album.  It was easy to find.  

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »

hesding down in couple wks,what`s the scoop,just drive arounh until you find a likely spot? i remember a while back,several members met for a shing ding there and i was asking [please please please] for some feedback. thanks to all and best of luck. stay safe  paul
Okay first place I would go is to Mattamuskeet lodge, there is three if not four good places to crab right there(drive over couple of the little bridges and park). Next place would Lake Landing, it's a little path that goes back about 1/8 of a mile and you can crab from that OR make a right (at the place there) it's called Waupoppin Trail follow it back there for 2 miles to the end. You crab right from that spot, or if lots of people follow the canal (by vehicle) further down. CAUTION:During periods of heavy rain or if it has been raining for a while...it might not be advisable to drive down it unless you have 4x4. Okay, that same road Lake Landing if ya make a left on the hard pavement follow it (sign says Gull Rock 3 miles) there will be a newish looking bridge, you can crab off that or the old one if still there. If you're staying in Englehard, a various amount of little bridges on Hwy 264 in that area (3 mile radius) usually will hold crabs as well.
I wish you luck, went down there today but late morning 11ish instead of the normal 6am, and only caught 1 1/2 dozen. Out of 4 people that was not a good ratio. We will be down there next weekend too but early

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home