November 12, 2019, 08:49:59 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mullica small launch sites  (Read 1090 times)
tedbo

Raised in Johnson's Ditch 39.248045,-75.131587

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2009, 10:01:14 AM »

I was just searching for public launch sites for the Mullica or it's tribs on Google for small open boats.  Is anyone failure with Chestnut neck rd. just north of the boatyard?  This would be on the south side of the parkway bridge over the Mullica (just east of the northbound lanes on the south side of the river).  It looks like an oyster shell ramp from the satellite pics at the end of this road, is this correct?

cw4340 or eelfisher, you guys know this area pretty well, do you know where I mean?

Just looking for options for a 14' aluminum vee, email me if you don't want to public post at:   [email protected]  thanks all
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:21:26 AM by tedbo » Logged

I feel sorry for the man who doesn't drink.  When he gets up in the morning that's the best he's gonna feel all day! LBJ
squidly

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 03:59:26 PM »

if it's the double ramp your looking at about half way down that rd. it belongs to the marina, it cost 10-12 dollors. i'm not sure if it went up.
Crabbergus

MMMMMMMMM CRAAAAAAAB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 02:17:13 AM »

This is a pay ramp owned by the marina, and it is concrete paved. I went out there today and the ramp fee was $7.

If you are looking for a free ramp in that area, there is a concrete ramp (no dock) at the back of Bowen Memorial Park in Port Republic, NJ. It's behind the tennis courts. It is on nacote creek, which if you follow it out leads to the mullica. You will have to get your feet wet to get in the boat as there is no dock, but free is free.

If you look up Park Avenue in Port Republic, NJ, it looks like a horseshoe, at the botom of the shoe (south side), right next to the water is the ramp. Might be hard to see on the map but its there.

If youre looking at the map, there is good crabing on nacote creek just after the Route 9 (New York Road) bridge. You can crab anywhere after that bridge and catch decent numbers.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home