August 15, 2018, 04:58:38 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: buoy marking - I don't like it!  (Read 3428 times)
Terp-Crabber

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:11:39 AM »

I hate that my first post is angry.... I'm normally just a beer-n-crab loving guy that plays well with others...

Yes, I know the regs.  How do I go about appealing to have them changed to just using my fishing license number or FIN number on the buoy?   It wasn't enough that my pots were poached last weekend (yes, I reported it) they took my buoy and now have my name, phone number and address!  It would seem reasonable now that we need a license, that the license number alone would be useful tot he DNR for what they do and of no use to poachers.  Now someone had my personal info who steals.

I used to have a trailer at Port Delmarva.  After being poached several times there, I wised up and put my buoys on shore at the end of a 30' line, sorta hidden in the grass.  Technically, I was legal ("gee, I guess the waves washed them up there") So I figure the poachers nor the DNR could find them by boat.  One time my pot was inspected by DNR and time-stamped and left in the water UPSIDE-DOWN and was empty.  Beer w/o crabs is like crabs w/o beer, you know?

Am I in violation of I let the buoys 'accidentally blow' or wash up onto the shore?  I'm not going to that place anymore.  I found a friend with a vacant lot on the shore not far from my house who let's me crab from his lot.

Funny, the patrols are always active where I flounder fish at Roosevelt Inlet.  Maybe they need to patrol Rehoboth Bay a little more.  I had to throw back two 18" flounders that would have fed my starving children.  So we had burgers instead... heh heh

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home