August 23, 2019, 06:31:04 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabbing in Wildwood  (Read 5813 times)
Pellster

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:49:44 AM »

I used to go crabbing years ago in Wildwood.  As a child, our family used to rent out of Otto's and as a parent later on, I used to hit Pier 47 (my last experience there wasn't so good, won't go back to them).  I was just wondering if anyone knew if crabs still ran in this area or if they had tapered off over the years.  Last I heard through the rumor mill was that they really weren't running well there anymore, but I'd rather hear from the folks doing the crabbing rather than from a friend who heard it from someone, etc.  Thanks.
r_ventura_23

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »

It definitely is not as good as it used to be.  I used to crab off a dock in Sunset Lake.  You had to pay like $3.  Not sure if it is still there or not.
CaptMoose
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:55:58 AM »

I grew up 3 houses down from Duffy's restaurant on Sunset Lake.  Dad sold the place (lost my summer retreat) which was torn down to make room for more condos!  I still have family on the island.  Lakeview dock and boat rentals at NJ & Cresse Aves is still there.

As a kid (12-18), I had a 12' Grumman on a mooring at the end of Farragut Rd.  Used a modified wagon to haul my outboard & gear to the bay & swam out to get the boat.  An 8 hp Johnny was the first major purchase I ever made- $800 bucks at Tony's in Cape May.  Those were the good old days.  Now a kid has to be 16 to operate a boat.  Guess it's good for safety but my childhood would have been ruined.

Haven't crabbed there in 2 years but my uncle says that this year is off to a slow start.  Watch the board and ask for a report if nobody posts one.

23' C Hawk
Pellster

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 11:02:17 AM »

Haven't crabbed there in 2 years but my uncle says that this year is off to a slow start.  Watch the board and ask for a report if nobody posts one.

I'm pretty much asking out of nostalgiac curiosity more than anything else.  My son and I were talking about when I first started taking him out and it made me wonder.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home