December 04, 2020, 10:02:36 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any suggestions for places near Smithfield, VA for newbies?  (Read 3986 times)
Doc1911

« on: May 18, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »

This is a great resource for everything crabbing!  My family and I will be in Smithfield, VA visiting my Mother over the Memorial Day weekend.  I would like to take my 4 year old son out crabbing.  I remember crabbing when I was a teenager and recall it being a lot of fun.  I think my little guy would have a great time!  We are completely inexperienced but as I recall it really wasn't that hard.  We are interested in doing some line crabbing from the shore/dock somewhere near Smithfield, VA area.  I think we have all the equipment we need, i.e line, weights, net, bucket, and bait-chicken necks.  We just need some suggestions of places to go!  Anybody been to Nike Park?  Any advice or suggestions to help us have a good time are greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:36:19 PM »

BUCKROE, JAMES RIVER PIER ,VIRGINIA BEACH, LYNNHAVEN INLET, CHESAPEAKE LOCKS PARK
Tom Powers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 08:09:20 AM »

The is an access spot on the other side of the bridge at the Smithfield station that provides limited parking and access which MIGHT be good.   At least it provides access where you were looking. 

Also there is a pier at Jones Creek Boat ramp in Isle of Wright County which is in that general neighborhood.

Don't know if either is all that good or bad just that they are access points.

Tom

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home