June 19, 2021, 05:19:49 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Report Of The Year  (Read 4001 times)
JDB

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »

This is the letter sent from the management company of our development.

In April, we requested that you remove the boat and trailer from the back yard of your townhome. However, it has been brought to our attention that you have not removed them.

It is unreasonable and unsightly to keep them in a small yard. Therefore, we are once again requesting that you remove the boat and trailer by June 20, 2009. If they have not been removed by this deadline, the association will exercise its right to have them towed away.

Your cooperation is important and will be appreciated.

OK, first things first, and I'm sure you all feel this way......you touch my boat and you DIE!!  

I had my boat in a barn of some friends for the winter. I'm at work one day and my I get a call from home saying I think your boat is parked down the street from our house. This dumbass who by the way is not a friend anymore gets someone to pull my boat to my house and leave it in the street. Only thing is they didn't know where I live.

I left the boat in my back yard so I could do some work on it before the season started. I don't know which of my neighbors complained but the first crab feast over here should really piss them off.

I know I'm not supposed to have my boat here but give me a break!!   Its really kind of funny.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:16:37 PM by JDB » Logged
shinyhook

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 10:30:54 PM »

@#%^$* neighbors!!!  That's why I live in the country. Smiley
bigwillycrabbin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 10:48:05 PM »

I hate neighbors like that its ridiculous. The boat is not hurting them at all.

You better watch it though they will come and tow it and theres not a dang thing you can do about it if it's in your accoscations rules
CrabbyLAD
Lifetime Member

"Slow Poke"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 10:55:46 PM »

that really stinks......speaking of stinks....
I prefer to fight fire with fire... I would have
to leave an uncooked crab or two laying around....
When they complain and ask you what's that nasty
smell. You tell them YOU!

Get your crab on anyway!!!   Wink

Get Your Crab-on!
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 12:24:24 AM »

I am really glad we live in an area with no HOA!

They'd be jumping up and down over us - we have two boats in the yard - the new skiff in the driveway and the old jon boat (which is on craigslist looking for a new home) alongside the house.

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.

Crabcruncher

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 02:01:25 AM »

Take the wheels off the trailer.

Cc

Say brother....can you spare a crab...
beachy210

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:08:54 AM »

WOW!  We have been through that.  I actually got served papers.  That is one of the downfalls of having a HOA, but there are many advantages to them as well.  They complained because it was not covered in the driveway....My husband went to the presidents home and complained, but it obviously didnt do any good.  We had a lawyer friend who typed up a letter and sent it to the courthouse..nothing ever came of it, but it was a real headache and just stirred up un-needed stress!! Angry

Every fulfilling thing in life,is there in front of you, in the simple things in life.  Enjoy and Embrace them
dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 07:16:44 AM »

It's a [dang] shame!! Unfortunately some people derive pleasure from causing problems for other people. It must be a very unsatisfying way to live. I would have to try and find out who complained and make it a hobie to annoy the [Sam Hill] out of them. Good luck with your dilemma.
Big Rad
Lifetime Member

Chase Happiness because life is short

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 07:36:28 AM »

I experienced the orange sticker stuck to the window threatening to tow my vehicle and boat away for illegal storage.  The problem was I was just unloading my gear befor I took the boat back to the base where it is stored!! lipsrsealed2 lipsrsealed2  I called every authority I could think of and found out that the sticker was the overzealous property managers fault.  I informed her that if she stuck another sticker on any of my property I would press charges and seek to have her arrested.

Next thing you know I get a letter saying my shutters are the wrong color.  Then I get a letter saying I need to remove the junk from my backyard (wood pile, trash cans, BBQ grill).  The final straw was telling me I had to have a pravacy fence installed..WTF.....There wasn't aprivacy fence there when I purchased my home.  I pulled out the covenants and found that my home should not have been sold to me with any violations.  They insisted that it wasn't and I made the changes.  Well the sale pictures told a different story.  The harrassment has slowed.  I better not be late paying my assesment Wink Wink Wink

Long story short Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Be careful in dealing with you HOA.  They can nitpick the [curd] out of you........

I hear the sound of one hand clapping....you don't??
XXL
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 08:33:46 AM »

Connect a 110v jumper to the rear of the trailer (ungrounded). I doubt that they touch the hitch, more than once. This will probably lead to further problems down the road, but would be worth watching at least once. Kind of like watching what happens at a busy launch ramp on Saturdays, around
6 PM. What a show!

JDB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 11:22:12 AM »

I could put it on youtube Cheesy
lreops
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 03:16:45 PM »

HOA's really suck and the worst thing is that they are completely un-regulated so, in turn, they can pretty much do whatever they want with nobody to answer to.

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun
Shark Bait65

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 07:15:29 PM »

Man I hate people that do that, when I moved in here on Kent Island we had no neighbors to the left of us, than some chicken necker moved in and telling us to do many things to fix our yard up, put in a privacy fence, he even told us to put a muzzle on my dog. Neighbors are a pain in the [arse], we have 4 boats in our yard and driveway and he is always complaining about how we have it in our yard and how we all look like a bunch of dumb rednecks. But I told him if he will not complaining I'll make his yard stink so badly he will want to move out that day. Well he kept complaining so the dead crabs we had, we left them in a black trash bag, got it full smashed them up so its hard to see and put it all around his yard and he didn't even know why it stunk so badly since his grass was about 1 1/2 foot tall. But I think he learned his lesson when his house and yard stunk real badly for about a week. Our neighbor to the right never complained and she has been out on the boat with us so shes cool with it and about 13 years later after we been there he moved in and wanted everything changed, he cut down all the trees in his yard and wanted us to cut ours down (not happening). Well what I'm saying is that neighbors can be a pain in the [arse] until you put them in line. Grin

Crabbing + Fishing= One [Sam Hill] of a Day
Crabby Kentisland

A day on the bay keeps insanity away !

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 09:25:17 PM »

I had that issue years ago because i will always be the red neck of the block. I found out who was pissed and my son and i took a bunch of the neighborhood kids crabbing, one was his son. And a few of the other boys had parents in the home owners association.  Long story short they all love me now!  If its your back yard who the heck cares !
susqking

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 12:12:07 PM »

Had the same problem at my old house and eventually had to move the boat from the driveway, the guy two doors down was the a$$. I borrowed my brothers old rust bucket oldsmoblie and parked it in the driveway before I moved to the country with no HOA. The car was there for a year and actually left rust stains on the concrete.

saltysenior

ex-wye rat---who now C B C

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »

were you not told of the HOA rules and did you not read them before you bought Huh
theWainrights

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 05:45:36 PM »

I am really glad we live in an area with no HOA!

They'd be jumping up and down over us - we have two boats in the yard - the new skiff in the driveway and the old jon boat (which is on craigslist looking for a new home) alongside the house.

Wanted to make you aware that if someone calls on you, it doesn't matter if you have an HOA or not.  Its a zoning regulation....and you live in Baltimore County...Here's my story...We lived in Baltimore County in the same house for over 10 years, no HOA, but SOMEONE complained about our "recreational vehicles."  We had 1 open bow, 1 bass boat, 1 crabbing boat, and 1 19' Coachman camper.  When zoning came out, we received a warning to remove all but 1 recreational vehicle from our property within 30 days or we would be fine $13,000+!!!!!  NO KIDDING!!  Baltimore County has zoning regulations that specifically state you are only allowed 1 recreational vehicle.  Mind you, our driveway held 9 vehicles, and they were neatly & respectfully parked there....We kept the bass boat, moved our camper to our 5+ acres in WV (which is for sale, by the way), gave away the crabbing boat to my brother-in-law and sold the open bow!  We ended up moving to Howard County not long after.  Been trying to move to the lower Eastern Shore (near Crisfield) for almost 1 year, but have to sell our house first.  Can't wait to go where the crabbing, fishing & hunting is good, life is slow & people are FRIENDLY!!!

Mark & Char
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 12:22:19 AM »

Wanted to make you aware that if someone calls on you, it doesn't matter if you have an HOA or not.  Its a zoning regulation....and you live in Baltimore County...Here's my story...We lived in Baltimore County in the same house for over 10 years, no HOA, but SOMEONE complained about our "recreational vehicles." 

I've lived in this house since 1965, and had quite a parade of wackos up and down this little dead end street.

Right now, there's a major feud going on between my next door neighbor and the lady who lives on the other side of him. Every couple of weeks, one of them has had some regulatory agency or another out here, complaining about the other. We get along just fine with the folks next door, but in two years I've yet to hear the lady on the other side speak at less than a yell, to anybody - her husband, her children, even the dog! Today, she got visited by somebody from somewhere official, had a screaming match with him on her front lawn. I'm not home right then, but Old Grouchy developed a sudden interest in something inside the boat in the driveway, and caught most of the show. Roll Eyes I came home in time to see her stomping down the street in her housecoat, screaming into the phone - I literally heard her before I saw her as I was driving up.

I keep my distance from that one, smile and wave and keep going. I guess I might get some residual flak since she sees us talking with the people between us. Heck they've been there over 19 years (I know this for sure since the moved in the very day The Child was born), and we've always gotten along fine. He and Old Grouchy have gone crabbing together.

Keeping very quiet here, trying to make myself small and unnoticed............. Wink

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home